[ENTJ] - The First 2020 Presidential Debate (Biden vs Trump) | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

[ENTJ] The First 2020 Presidential Debate (Biden vs Trump)

Who won the debate?

• Biden.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trump.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The proud boys shouldn't be out there for 2 reasons:

1. Although it's terrible to watch antifa beat the shit out of random people, it does make clear who the problem is. When the proud boys show up the media blames them. Horrible idea to go in there and mix it up with them.

2. More importantly, we need to settle things with votes not with fists, having armed militias fighting each other in the streets is not a recipe for stability.

Proud boys should stand back, as frustrating as it may be to have to do so.

The issue is that Trump doesn’t disavow them, and worse, speak to them as if they were his own. We can all guess at what his motivations are, his identity, but that’s not the point. The point is his willingness to overlook abusive / illicit / criminal behavior.

It is not Kafka-esque to point this out - whether it be about Russians or the Proud Boys. The president should not legitimize / enable / empower hate groups and foreign dictators (who go around poisoning their opponents).

It is this pursuit of ends over means that is tearing this country apart. It is greed, pure and simple.

This is a Kafka trap.

"He doesn't condemn white supremacists"
Does it 20 times
"Well I didn't believe him"
If he condemns them for a 21st time it won't make any difference, you have your conclusion and no statement from him is going to break it.

NounEdit
Kafkatrap (plural Kafkatraps)

1. A sophistical rhetorical device in which any denial by the accused serves as evidence of guilt.
Not sure how this is being identified as a Kafkatrap. Whether or not I believe his claims of disavowal was never the issue. It was his own inconsistent behavior that put him under a national microscope in that respect. I think it was just 1-2 months ago that he retweeted and eventually removed some dude shouting "White Power!" on his twitter feed. If it wasn't intentional, it still raises some pretty serious questions about his competency or that of the people in his employ if he didn't personally make the post, which matters when you're the face of the country. If one in 20 times the answer is "Maaayyybe" then it's still a problem.

Reactions: noisebloom and acd
I predicted it would take a week before the clip of Trump disavowing white supremacists was forgotten, I'm sorry to say I was wrong.

It took mere minutes.

We didn't forget, You're not listening.

Reactions: acd
Not sure how this is being identified as a Kafkatrap. Whether or not I believe his claims of disavowal was never the issue. It was his own inconsistent behavior that put him under a national microscope in that respect. I think it was just 1-2 months ago that he retweeted and eventually removed some dude shouting "White Power!" on his twitter feed. If it wasn't intentional, it still raises some pretty serious questions about his competency or that of the people in his employ if he didn't personally make the post, which matters when you're the face of the country. If one in 20 times the answer is "Maaayyybe" then it's still a problem.
Where in that clip did he say maybe to the question and what is white supremacist about removing white supremacists? Would you prefer him not to remove white supremacists?

Where in that clip did he say maybe to the question and what is white supremacist about removing white supremacists? Would you prefer him not to remove white supremacists?
As the president of the country, you know the content before it's posted and you don't leave the clip up for a few hours or fail to address the mistake.

"Maybe" is dodging the question at a national debate.

Reactions: Sandie33
As the president of the country, you know the content before it's posted and you don't leave the clip up for a few hours or fail to address the mistake.

It's a good thing he didn't dodge the question then. It's a good thing that when asked "would you disavow white supremacist groups doing violence in these cities?"
He replied
"Sure, but most of the violence I see is coming from the left"

The first word out of his mouth was sure, an affirmation of the prompt.

Wait, is this the clip of the guy in the golf cart?

It's a good thing he didn't dodge the question then. It's a good thing that when asked "would you disavow white supremacist groups doing violence in these cities?"
He replied
"Sure, but most of the violence I see is coming from the left"

The first word out of his mouth was sure, an affirmation of the prompt.
Yeah, with the immediate wink and nod to the proud boys. (See how I agreed with you but didn’t?)

Wait, is this the clip of the guy in the golf cart?
Ah, was that debunked?

Reactions: Reason
Yeah, with the immediate wink and nod to the proud boys. (See how I agreed with you but didn’t?)
Can I trade you the proud boys for antifa? Let's lock up all these troublemakers.
Ah, was that debunked?
Not exactly but it's quite possibly sarcasm. A lady shouted something like "you're a trump supporter, you're a white supremacist" and the man replied something like "oh yeah, white power, white power"

It's also hard as shit to hear with everyone in the video shouting.

Trump’s contradictions don’t nullify themselves. And, his behavior has demonstrated material benefits to these associations of his. So, it’s not just words here.

Like, if someone kills a rival, you don’t go, well, he didn’t kill anyone else on the other 364 days. Or, did you forget that? Plus he says he doesn’t believe in murder, so there you go...

:m125:

Then the onus of his bad behavior all of sudden falls on the victims - like somehow they deserved to be murdered. It was their fault. They brought it on themselves...

Bullshit.

I don’t go around rationalizing the behavior of someone who warns off a hate group, but tear gasses peaceful protestors. There is no justifying that.

If black people switch to vote Republican, the Democrats will go full KKK. They already use racist slurs against anyone of colour who doesn't support them.

ZomboMeme 02102020133114.jpg

Most of the extreme hatred and intolerance for alternative views over the last few years has really exposed the absolute intolerance and hatred in the left, not the right.

Reactions: Reason
I just glanced at the responses on his tweet announcing that they're infected and my heart sank.
I thought I'd be reading get well wishes from supporters, but nope... I'm sure they are there, just hidden by all the hate posts.

I suppose you reap what you sow.

I mistrust Trump so much that I am actually wondering if he's lying about it as part of some scheme.