Shallow, uninteresting majority? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Shallow, uninteresting majority?

Do you think most people are shallow, uninteresting or boring and not worth your time?

• Total voters
if i suspend judgement and make it an effort to get to know them, i can usually either accept them at worst or relate smoothly with them at best, regardless of whether i would usually find them uninteresting, boring, shallow or not.

that being said, would i go out of my way and repeatedly or willingly choose to relate with those i don't connect well with over those i do connect with? No.

that being said, would i go out of my way and repeatedly or willingly choose to relate with those i don't connect well with over those i do connect with? No.

R2 said it!

uuuuh ohhhh.... there's your nickname!!

R2!!

r2-d2.jpg

oooooooooooooooooooooooo...?

Interesting results.

Biopolitics vs Creon: 143-0.

Because I've been judged wrongly so many times in my life, I make a habit of talking to everyone before I judge them as 'shallow' and 'uninteresting.' Ultimately though, people are just that. They want to talk about sports, their boring children, their lawns. Concrete stuff. The way they speak, their passionlessness, their normalcy, is a reason to avoid them. The few interesting people I've met in my life, I kinda knew it instantaneously. There was something about our connection that was magic. Rarely happens though. I do crave those moments.

Due to the fact that I will catagorize people and put them in boxes within seconds of meeting them, it makes be find people shallow and uninteresting rather quickly if they fall into a big catagory. Many people here are generic, and fall into majority catagories in my mind. There is nothing to really figure out with them, and I won't persue getting to know them unless the push. If that is the case I may later learn interesting things about them, but they largely remain "generic" in my eyes. Generic people are boring and uninteresting to me.

That being said. Every person will interest me to some degree. I pay attention to everyone around me when I am out in public, and subsequently try to get tidbits of information about them by passing glances.

... everyone has a story to tell; the problem is, not many people are willing to open up because they don't want to be judged or they don't want to stand out from the status quo.

We only see the surface most of the time. Is the mask most people wear shallow, boring and uninteresting? Yes. Are they themselves, as people, shallow,boring and uninteresting? No. Not by a long shot.

+1

:thumb:

Actually a person is whatever they make themselves to be. They're afraid. Fear is dull.

Due to the fact that I will catagorize people and put them in boxes within seconds of meeting them, it makes be find people shallow and uninteresting rather quickly if they fall into a big catagory. Many people here are generic, and fall into majority catagories in my mind. There is nothing to really figure out with them, and I won't persue getting to know them unless the push. If that is the case I may later learn interesting things about them, but they largely remain "generic" in my eyes. Generic people are boring and uninteresting to me.

Generic ANYTHING is boring and uninteresting to me.

Yes.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
~Margaret Mead.

I like people. I don't relate to most of them, but that's part of the charm. No one is devoid of interest.

I think most people are Shallow,
but I don't find them uninteressting, boring and a waste of time.

Not the majority. Maybe 30-40% are uninteressting, boring and a waste of time. But that's not most of the people.

So it's a No for me.

Last edited:
I see a lot of activities, social rituals, small talk etc. as surface level and monotonous. I don't always find a great deal in common with people socially, but I do find them interesting to observe and try to understand. There are usually complexities in each person that are not often expressed. I don't always know what to do with people and need a lot of alone time to think. I do know that I'm considered boring by some.

Perfect example of this is when I was 13 I was obsessed with astronomy and planned to be an astronaut. All my friends were going through the transition of viewing gender differently and played lots of girl vs. guy practical jokes and games. There was a lot of giggling involved. I would sometimes tag along, but would end up lost in thought trying to imagine the ideal design of a spaceship that could get a crew to Mars. I was definitely a nerd.

Last edited: