Physical Contact | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Physical Contact

When it comes to people I know, maybe with the exception of my parents, I love being touched. This is probably because I'm somewhat desperate for it. When I am drunk, I hug everyone. If I had a girlfriend, I would be happy to spend entire days cuddling with her.

However, I'm afraid to touch people. So usually, unless others initiate it (or I'm not sober), I don't touch anyone. This makes me jealous sometimes.

When touched or approached in a manner unsuspected, yes, I do caw. You've seen it/heard it. You know. It's been directed at you.

I was a crow once in my Shaman days. I sometimes like to caw. It's usually before I turn into a Raven and peck someones eyes out, but it's always just in fun. " Nevermore" quothe I. Fuchin Poe stole my line! That isn't the reason he died though, and no one can prove it! Muhahahaha! Always beware of people who can caw. :smiles that sweet crow smile: Anayways, I've some corn fields to pillage. Tata for now. :wink:

I was a crow once in my Shaman days. I sometimes like to caw. It's usually before I turn into a Raven and peck someones eyes out, but it's always just in fun. " Nevermore" quothe I. Fuchin Poe stole my line! That isn't the reason he died though, and no one can prove it! Muhahahaha! Always beware of people who can caw. :smiles that sweet crow smile: Anayways, I've some corn fields to pillage. Tata for now. :wink:
You? Peck out eyes? Bahhh!
The crow is indeed sacred, though.

I hate all physical contact and am a 'tapper' when I hug.

I hug with only one arm and tap their back until the whole thing is over.

I do like physical contact, however, that is associated with pain. Scorpion is one of my favorites to play.

I don't know what it is about physical affection that disgusts me, but it does.

I want to be hugged and all that, very much so, but for some reason, most of the time I unconsciously avoid it. I rarely ever give out hugs myself, and aside from that, I don't touch anyone unless I have to. One girl friend I used to work with, who I was very close to, tried giving me a hug once, and I unconsciously avoided it to the point that I didn't even realize she was trying to give me a hug, and I was really confused.

Also, every hug I've had has made me uncomfortable in some amount, even with my family (I don't have any close friends that I hug.). It really sucks. I want someone who can hug me and make me feel safe.:(

...If I know you well physical contact is expected and welcomed...if I do not know you I have the most impenetrable personal space bubble...Elevators, lines, crowds, and busy stores. I feel like my personal space is constantly breached and I feel quite molested.

When it comes to people I know, maybe with the exception of my parents, I love being touched. This is probably because I'm somewhat desperate for it. When I am drunk, I hug everyone. If I had a girlfriend, I would be happy to spend entire days cuddling with her.

However, I'm afraid to touch people. So usually, unless others initiate it (or I'm not sober), I don't touch anyone. This makes me jealous sometimes.

This resonates with me. I love affection, I've learned; but I have to be totally comfortable with the person and know that they won't be awkward...so I have trouble initiating until I'm really good friends with them.

I've been really touchy-feely lately though.

I used to find hugging uncomfortable, even with family. But it's so intimate to me. It's an intimate moment with infinite promise. If I haven't seen people for a while, I love to hug them - it's my way of truly saying how much they mean to me and how I've missed them. But if I see the person every day the hugs tend to be short and meaningless (and I make sure they're short).

The problem for me is, hugs are so incredibly intimate and noteworthy. If I hug someone it means something. So I don't hug unless I mean it (or I keep my hugs short so there is no misunderstanding).

Touching is very intimate to me. It's TMI, but that's probably the quickest way for me to become aroused, if I feel like it. Barely there touches, and all that. So touching is usually a no-go.

I used to find hugging uncomfortable, even with family. But it's so intimate to me. It's an intimate moment with infinite promise. If I haven't seen people for a while, I love to hug them - it's my way of truly saying how much they mean to me and how I've missed them. But if I see the person every day the hugs tend to be short and meaningless (and I make sure they're short).

The problem for me is, hugs are so incredibly intimate and noteworthy. If I hug someone it means something. So I don't hug unless I mean it (or I keep my hugs short so there is no misunderstanding).

Touching is very intimate to me. It's TMI, but that's probably the quickest way for me to become aroused, if I feel like it. Barely there touches, and all that. So touching is usually a no-go.
:m035::mlove2:

So...since you hugged me...does that mean I'm special?!

Physical contact with those I trust and care about is great. I love being hugged by them.

But I HATE crowds and being bumped around or touched. Hence Christmas shopping at Christmas is OUT! I cannot handle the insanity!

I love touch!

I was held like constantly as a kid, I never slept alone until I was old enough for my own bed, and there are lots of pictures of me when I was a baby of me asleep on my dad's chest. I am very touchy-feely with family, and friends as long as I know that they are comfortable with it. If they aren't, I am very reserved because I am scared of unintentionally making someone feel uncomfortable.

With a romantic partner, I have a very blatant need for affectionate touch. Even when sitting in two different chairs, I would awkwardly and uncomfortably lean over just so I could touch the other person. Touch for me is the most important way to show love and affection.

That being said, I really dislike being touched in any way that is not intended to show affection. This includes being brushed up against in crowds, being touched by doctors, etc. I've had my bum slapped and pinched by men that I don't know in public before, and it really disgusts me. I react to these things by turning around and screaming "What the #%$@ do you think you are doing?!" I just really can't stand it. And sometimes when traveling on escalators, I have mini panic attacks when the people at the end aren't getting off fast enough because I might be forced to brush up against them. *shudder*

I never initiate hugs unless it is with my own mum (and even then, I avoid them if I'm in a mood with her or feeling emotionally intense). My friends might give me hugs and I don't mind that at all, but it seems so meaningless and futile- my 'hugs' are simply 2 pats on the back with both hands. Maybe it's because I'm just not into this intimate, touchy-feely type of embrace, the idea of physically embracing doesn't resonate with me; I don't see what it achieves apart from passing a few seconds of time. I'm more into just saying a simple 'hello' or 'high-fiving', but sadly this latter form of social interaction doesn't appear to be popular, and thus, I never apply it. :high5: :( I used to think that I was abnormal; everyone around me, all my peers seemed to hug anything that moved and I used to get hugs off some strangers, or people I just wasn't closed to. Why? We seem to be in this culture which is obsessed with physical contact and a need to be affectionate, but I'd much prefer to conserve my (rather large bubble of) personal space, thank you very much.

Maybe there is 1 simple explanation- I hate affection and like being emotionally cold. :redface:

Last edited:
I hate being touched, end of story.

Two types of touch:

1. If there is any intention of trying to 'create' intimacy/affection/warmness/support/etc. I hate it and will cast a very baleful eye on whoever tried to touch me. eg: a friend trying to encourage me will get the GTFOML look.

2. If it is spontaneous from overflowing affection I will almost find it funny and am prone to get ticklish. Even when a cat decides to climb all over me purring, I get kind of frozen trying not to laugh.:m170:

It's kind of odd. I'm fine at concerts practically jammed into a very small space with almost no where to move, or if I'm doing something with martial arts. But as has been noted previously, if there's some other intent in it, I'll probably back away from the person. Probably something to do with relationships being very meaningful to us.