Pet Peeves | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

It irks me when people who never bother to come to lab show up the day before the lab exam to monopolize my time with their dumb questions, such as and not limited to: "I can't find the uterus." *hands me penis model* and "Show me the glomerulus." *hands me liver model"

It irks me when people who never bother to come to lab show up the day before the lab exam to monopolize my time with their dumb questions, such as and not limited to: "I can't find the uterus." *hands me penis model* and "Show me the glomerulus." *hands me liver model"

I'm sorry but I can't help but note that the penis is likely to want to find various parts around the uterus and thereby "find" it....

Reactions: jyrffw54
It really annoys the crap of me that my roommate keeps talking about this diet he has to start when he gets this surgery to loose weight. If he would just start this diet now, and do ANY kind of exercise, he would not need this stupid surgery. He is willing to blow thousands on these doctors to take care of him instead of taking care of himself.

Being "mothered" meaning someone coming along and trying to referee my life because they think something bad is going to happen(and I mean something marginally bad like someone is going to get their feelings hurt because they had a differing opinion about some mundane topic). Plus mothers just tend to be annoying in general.

Last edited:
i really can't stand when someone is smug or condescending toward me. i will eat them alive.

When people take the strainer out of the sink instead of dumping it out into the garbage and replacing it.

Nobody in my house likes to take the last of something. I'm guilty of it too.

Is there such a thing as too considerate? I mean we're the type of people where the respected person/elder gets the head of the table and guests are given the best and first. But it gets absurd because there will be a piece of something and nobody wants to take the last and it goes to waste, because 'somebody else might want it'.

Using an acronym followed by what the acronym stands for. :m144:

Woah, seriously? The opposite is a pet peeve for me. Otherwise THIS might happen: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=511248

Although, technically, you should do it the other way around. Spell it out first, then use the acronym, then just use the acronym in subsequent references. That, my friend, is how it is done correctly. Boom. (Joking.)

(cue Twilight Zone music.)

Woah, seriously? The opposite is a pet peeve for me. Otherwise THIS might happen: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=511248

Although, technically, you should do it the other way around. Spell it out first, then use the acronym, then just use the acronym in subsequent references. That, my friend, is how it is done correctly. Boom. (Joking.)

(cue Twilight Zone music.)

If in doubt, spell it out. Acronyms are meant to encapsulate a complex idea and save time. Writing it out afterwards defeats having the acronym.

The one exception to this is a long paper, or a discussion, where acronyms may be defined upon first use or in a glossary, especially if they may not be well known to the reader. If somebody is just using it once though there is no need to use the acronym and then write what it stands for. Do one or the other.

It bugs me to no end when people repeatedly ask me what/if I've eaten that day. I don't like eating in front of people and I don't eat very much because I'm never very hungry. Most think I don't eat at all - which isn't true. I appreciate the concern but the repetition gets old. :p

When waitresses ask for tips: either directly or hintingly.

When people take the strainer out of the sink instead of dumping it out into the garbage and replacing it.

I don't like dirty strainers either. Or strainers with designs that make them hard to clean.

i can't stand responsibility shirkers.
especially when the task falls into my hands because of their lazy asses.

• Any sentence/"quote" that ends in "said no one ever"
  • #Hashtagz on Facebook (and they're accepted now!) :/
  • People misusing the word "hacking."
Yo dawg, my facebook got hacked! No dawg, it really didn't.

People who are "just so ocd".

Really overly polite people. The kind that say "excuse me" every moment. It is like a nervousness where they are acutely conscious of every word or gesture, unable to relax, to be really socially correct. I resist the urge to say "fuck no!" after the like the third "excuse me". I adore the co-worker who does it, she is a former high school teacher and she has got prim and proper down pat but it makes for a strenuous visit.

Reactions: endersgone and rawr
Really overly polite people. The kind that say "excuse me" every moment. It is like a nervousness where they are acutely conscious of every word or gesture, unable to relax, to be really socially correct. I resist the urge to say "fuck no!" after the like the third "excuse me". I adore the co-worker who does it, she is a former high school teacher and she has got prim and proper down pat but it makes for a strenuous visit.

You'd love Canada.

Reactions: Nixie
people who spend more time critiquing what i do at work than their own work.