Pet Peeves | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

when people endlessly express self-pity.

top volume music with heavy bass thumping from inside of cars. bad enough when they're driving by, but when they're at the lights and they're vibrating the entire apartment building it sucks big time. not to mention - holy crap you are pulverizing your brain, man!

When people whine and whine and whine about the same thing endlessly but don't take any responsibility or initiative to fix their problem. Shaddap already.

People who cannot respect personal space. I was out the other day and there was this older lady who got REALLY close behind me in line. I moved forward a bit and she kept moving up to be just as close. I got to the front of the line and as I turned to leave, I couldn't help myself....I said "damn, crawl up my ass why don't you". Ugh. I despise it when people do that. Normally, I wouldn't say anything and just grit my teeth but dayam, this one wouldn't take a hint and back off.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Why the fuck do people spell it "Opps"? IT'S "OOPS".

"Opps" would be pronounced like it rhymed with "pops" or "COD black ops"...

Reactions: Nixie
This one is just for you [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]

When you have to poo immediately after you get out of the shower. It makes me sad.

This one is just for you @niffer

When you have to poo immediately after you get out of the shower. It makes me sad.

YES. It totally defeats the purpose!

Also, when you're kinda constipated and finally you get this tiny compacted stone of poop that comes out and it feels like it's grating on your entire colon/rectum/anus on the way out and your entire ass and lower abdomen has a shooting aching pain for a long stretch of time afterwards (happened to me this morning :( ).

When people exercise every opportunity to complain about things in their life, whether they're significant or not. I would much rather people suck it up and not complain because it's better for me and I don't care about empathizing or sympathizing with their situation. Other people's lives and problems are exhausting, even if they're legitimate.

It's not "persay". It's "per se".

And similar phrases. I find it difficult to understand how someone can only remember how to spell 50% of a term with such distinctive characteristics like that correctly.

I also don't understand people who are unable to read words phonetically. No offense. I know it's a lot of people and that not everyone is a language nerd like me, but I really don't get it. I guess people's brains are just wired really differently.

Reactions: hush
Why the fuck do people spell it "Opps"? IT'S "OOPS".

"Opps" would be pronounced like it rhymed with "pops" or "COD black ops"...

You know, I think COD black oops! sounds better.

People who put notations, scribble marks, lines, personal thoughts or asterisks in the columns of books, or even all over the printed words. To me it amounts to the worst kind of vandalism. I don't want to be constantly distracted by some random person's mind junk while I am reading. The worst example was when I waited two weeks to loan a specific textbook only to find that it was covered in massive blocks of yellow highlighter ink. Made it barely readable for me.

People who put notations, scribble marks, lines, personal thoughts or asterisks in the columns of books, or even all over the printed words. To me it amounts to the worst kind of vandalism. I don't want to be constantly distracted by some random person's mind junk while I am reading. The worst example was when I waited two weeks to loan a specific textbook only to find that it was covered in massive blocks of yellow highlighter ink. Made it barely readable for me.

OMG, lets not even talk about it when some idiot BENDS THE FUCKING PAGE! >: /

Reactions: Majesty
- When people say things that they have no proof or understanding of and pretend what they're saying isn't meaningless, when they really don't know WTF they're talking about.

- In general, when people talk and it's unnecessary and meaningless.

- When people use 10 sentences for their jackass drawn-out rhetoric and storytime to explain what could be explained in 1 sentence. You are not an author; I don't come onto discussion forums to read a book or an autobiography of your life. So save for your own blogging, STFU, or at least offer a quick sentence as a summary in the beginning.

- When someone's ratio of talking to listening is beyond what is courteous. If a conversation has been 95% you in the last 5-10 minutes, that's no longer a conversation.

I believe that all of the above are not first world problems or idiosyncratic concerns of mine alone, but point towards deeper social problems. If people are unable to recognize and observe such basic niceties of communication and service to their fellow men and women, IMO that's a prime example of serious problems underlying, problems which likely easily enable the formation and perpetuation of larger-scale social/ethical problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JGirl and hush
my newest peeve
why didn't anyone ask me if i wanted a new washing machine in the laundry room? why didn't anyone mention that it would now hold half the clothing and cost 25 cents more and take fifteen minutes longer? why didn't they let me know that my laundry detergent is no longer the right kind and i'll have to use half the amount or it will suds up too much, and oh yeah your clothes won't get as clean becaus it is after all only half the amount of soap...
shit sakes. piss me off.

Girls who like beer that brag about liking beer. They think they are a great catch because of that but they aint shit.

Responding with "what?" To a text message or fb message. Just reread the message!

Reactions: Jill Hives