Pet Peeves | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

Bad sportsmanship. Not losing gracefully.

Impatience and inattention. Not allowing someone to finish their sentence and talking over them instead.

I don't know if this counts as a pet peeve but it makes me slightly sad when people don't catch my often subtle snarkiness and sarcasm or don't understand or relate to some of the thoughts that I have. So thank God for INFJs!

I am not okay with the text messaging spell check thing that corrects my texts so they don't make any sense whatsoever! :smash:

Inferences. I am usually a literal person. I dislike it when people read between the lines of what I'm saying.

Rigid mindedness. It drives me absolutely bonkers.

Irrationality.

Inconsistency. #1 pet peeve.

I am not okay with the text messaging spell check thing that corrects my texts so they don't make any sense whatsoever! :smash:

You can usually turn that feature off.
I hate it myself. Especially if you are intentionally using an abbreviation.
One instance that comes to mind was when I was sending an address to someone via text. Every time I used the abbreviation for the state of Minnesota (MN) it changed it to Minute.

Last edited:
You can usually turn that feature off.
I hate it myself. Especially if you are intentionally using an abbreviation.
One instance that comes to mind was when I was sending an address to someone via text. Every time I used the abbreviation for the state of Minnesota (MN) it changed it to Minute.

How do you turn that off on an iphone?? Thanks!

How do you turn that off on an iphone?? Thanks!

Sadie,
This is how I get to it on my iPhone 4.
Go to Settings
General
Scroll down and press Keyboard.
You should then see where you can turn on & off the various features such as Auto-Caps and Auto-Correction.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: #@&5&49
Sadie,
This is how I get to it on my iPhone 4.
Go to Settings
General
Scroll down and press Keyboard.
You should then see where you can turn on & off the various features such as Auto-Caps and Auto-Correction.

Hope this helps!

HA. Auto correction - OFF!! YAY. Thank you so much. That was driving me crazy.

People who bother me when I am obviously doing something else, oh like, having lunch (which is my time).

bully drivers who think the road belongs to them, and who think sitting on your bumper for miles although they have two or three lanes they can use to overtake you if they want to move on.

It's actually the law in many states for slower traffic to yield to faster moving traffic, although it's rarely enforced. Forcing faster traffic to change lanes is actually much more dangerous and likely to cause accidents unless, of course, you are already in the right lane.

The signs for 'Slow Traffic Keep Right,' Keep Right Laws, and Lane Courtesy all refer to these behaviors. These all generally refer to two-lane traffic though, so multi-lane traffic either has further guidelines or stick to a general approximation thereof. National Motorists Association

I hate overly-aggressive drivers as well though (not trying to call you out; speeding is by far more rampant). Since I'll be doing the speed limit if I'm in the left lane, I'll have to move over to let a speeder pass. I generally always hope for a cop to be sitting just ahead, but it's never happened yet.

Jeez, not another slow poke [MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

Is it to much to ask that you slow pokes don't block the flow of traffic, cause some of us, oh...have a life.... ;)

Jeez, not another slow poke [MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

Is it to much to ask that you slow pokes don't block the flow of traffic, cause some of us, oh...have a life.... ;)

You probably drive just like my Dad. You lead-footed maniac! :mcunni:

That is Mz. Maniac to you. Leave me out of your daddy issues..... :m049:

Why don't you tell Tiffany that they don't give out Hello Kitty speeding tickets? Ha! :m052:

Passive-aggression. Especially when people think they're being clever about it. Grow up.

Reactions: Nixie
typing on a really tiny touchscreen!!!

Again! Co-Workers who bother during my lunch hour. Compounded by the fact that it isn't worth making a stink over becuase of the potential for drama and the fact that it isn't an everyday occurance. It just bothers me!

Guys who walk around completely nude n the gym locker room instead of wearing their towel.

Again! Co-Workers who bother during my lunch hour. Compounded by the fact that it isn't worth making a stink over becuase of the potential for drama and the fact that it isn't an everyday occurance. It just bothers me!

I hear you.
If it is an occasional question about a project in process I don't mind. But one of the delivery drivers likes to routinely come in the lunch room and want to chat, read the paper over my shoulder. Etc.
I finally angrily told him one day, " Look man, I don't come in hear to chat!"
Still, he sometimes can't help himself.

Reactions: Nixie