Pet Peeves | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

bully drivers who think the road belongs to them, and who think sitting on your bumper for miles although they have two or three lanes they can use to overtake you if they want to move on.

People who take everything lightly or think everything's a joke.

People who think being a jerk is funny or cute.

People who always need to be entertained.

This is a first world problem for sure but,
I am so freakin' fed up with fast food joints calling melted cheese "melty" cheese in their ads.
Must be fake cheese product then.
Just like when a company calls something chocolatey because they can't legally call it chocolate.
"Chocolatey flavored".
In the spirit of the word melty, Instead of the word crunchy, I will start using the word crunch-Ed.

When someone says, "You need meat in your diet." Are you from a nutritional information Stone Age, what the fuck??

My pet peeves usually involve ignorance and impoliteness in some way.

People who are loud mouthed, unhygienic or talk with their mouths full. People who seem intent on conversing with you even when you clearly let them know you're not interested.

When I see someone walk across the road even though the little man is red and cars are coming, I want to strangle them. It's the same when a car keeps on going even though the lights have turned red or when they go down a one way street, knowing what it is and it's usually the same idiot who'll blame the car going in the right direction for getting in their way.

People who slow down to 3mph through a turn when it's clear and there is no need to go that slow.
And I yell at them from the safety of my vehicle, "Come on! What is this? A parade?"

My pet peeves usually involve ignorance and impoliteness in some way.

When I see someone walk across the road even though the little man is red and cars are coming, I want to strangle them.
Somehow being a pedestrian suspends the laws of physics. I've had Jay walkers walk right out in front me while giving me an indignant look. (Blares horn!!!!)
Drives me batty when I yield for a pedestrian, and they take there sweet old time crossing.

(The elderly and infirm excepted.)

People who slow down to 3mph through a turn when it's clear and there is no need to go that slow.
And I yell at them from the safety of my vehicle, "Come on! What is this? A parade?"

Lol!
I often wonder if they think their vehicle will flip over if they go any faster?

Lol!
I often wonder if they think their vehicle will flip over if they go any faster?
Lol that is too funny. I can imagine someone nervously talking themselves through the turn: "O boy O boy, here we go, eaaaaasy does it, almost through it, Lord Jesus, take the wheel!"

Thank you.

Now instead of being irritated I will laugh, imagining that next time I'm behind one of these agonizingly slow turners LOL!

Reactions: WellNoWonder
People who don't respect boundaries and think every relationship they have with anymore is a game to see how far they can go.

I also have a big pet peeve with people who mock and are desrespectful towards other religious beliefs especially Christianity. Simply because you don't believe or accept it doesn't mean you need to be an ass and trash it. I've heard more discriminatory and judgmental comments about other people's faith from non-Christians than I have from Christians. Religious bashing is tiring. If you don't accept the beliefs, that's one thing, but why do you need to be a prick and bash those who believe? How are you any better or superior if you do? I am so sick and tired of those who don't believe portraying themselves as more intelligent and intellectual than those who do. Not believing doesn't make you any smarter than those who do.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDoctor
My most recent and winter themed pet peeve as been people who sneeze/cough without covering their mouth. Don't they stop to think there could be someone with a vulnerable immune system in their presence who might catch what they have and subsequently get ill/possibly even die? I understand a tickly cough may take you unawares but honestly, I've watched people on the train practically aim at the elderly.

In China, Mahjong is a tiles game for four players.
In Japan, Mahjong is a tiles game for four players.
In the US, Mahjong is this crap:
sgkadl.jpg

i hate when people block an aisle in a store to chat while the rest of us are trying to shop

agree, I hate it when someone stands at a door doing nothing knowing that you are waiting to pass.

People with a problem, who can find a solution but refuse to and instead sit on their thumbs.

People who always need to be entertained.
This is probably my second biggest.
I also hate when people say or think I am depressed when I take my recharging time and try to pull me out of it as if it were a coma or iced over lake no matter how many times I express I need alone time.

People who don't move their trolley (cart to you americans) to a sensible location in the supermarket. The French are godawful at this. Even when they see they're causing a bottleneck they don't move. If I push their trolley out of the way they get uber indignant.

Oh someone said that already.

Motorists that don't indicate.

Last edited:
I might have already mentioned this somewhere in here, but I do not remember.

Emotional invalidation.

Even when it happens in really small ways, if it is a continuous thing, it is going to devastate the emotional trust I have in a person and make it insanely hard for me to communicate properly about my feelings. Because I can see where it's going to end. I'll want my feelings about something that happened to be acknowledged and I will be met with nothing but a debate about what "actually happened".

Like, for instance, when you get apologies from someone and they always end it with a "I'm sorry BUT, yaddayaddayadda".

If you do this, you might as well have not even apologized, I hope you realize.

Or here is a nice one. "It's not such a big deal". Well, maybe I thought it was. Thanks for denying my reality.

The worst things are sometimes said with the best of intentions.

Reactions: JGirl
People who don't move their trolley (cart to you americans) to a sensible location in the supermarket. The French are godawful at this. Even when they see they're causing a bottleneck they don't move. If I push their trolley out of the way they get uber indignant.

Yeah, it's like when I'm in a non-busy section or pathway in a store or even just walking about, and some idiot (sorry to be crass) decides to walk or push their trolly or move directly towards me and expect me to move when there is a whole aisle of space they have all to themselves which they can use to pass me.

Or people who think if you're not smiling, something is wrong with you. That used to be a big pet peeve, but I realized later no one cares how you feel about it. They just expect you to do it. Hey, I guess since it makes me seem nicer and more pleasant, why not?

To add to the one I mentioned earlier. What bugs me the most is when i'm waiting to speak with someone about something work related or just want to ask a quick question and they know you're waiting, don't acknowledge you, and continue having a long conversation with someone about something irrelevant or even a personal conversation, while you're waiting to ask a question about the actual job you're doing.

Looool when I go grocery shopping my goal is to get all my stuff and go as fast as possible. I rarely need to use big carts when I buy groceries, and I usually have my earphones in simultaneously, and when I come across people that are blocking I just say excuse me and move any of their stuff that needs moving, and then keep going forward myself. Just barrel through and disregard their responses. :3

I might have already mentioned this somewhere in here, but I do not remember.

Emotional invalidation.

Even when it happens in really small ways, if it is a continuous thing, it is going to devastate the emotional trust I have in a person and make it insanely hard for me to communicate properly about my feelings. Because I can see where it's going to end. I'll want my feelings about something that happened to be acknowledged and I will be met with nothing but a debate about what "actually happened".

Like, for instance, when you get apologies from someone and they always end it with a "I'm sorry BUT, yaddayaddayadda".

If you do this, you might as well have not even apologized, I hope you realize.

Or here is a nice one. "It's not such a big deal". Well, maybe I thought it was. Thanks for denying my reality.

The worst things are sometimes said with the best of intentions.

I'm sorry but I do this all the time.

;)

today's pet peeve is when you are eating in a restaurant and the server waits until your mouth is full before coming over and asking 'how's the food tasting?'
it's like, fuck off can't you see i have a mouth full of food??
besides, what happened to really asking - 'is everything to your satisfaction? is there something i can bring for you?' then get the fuck away and keep an eye on your table from a distance ffs.

today's pet peeve is when you are eating in a restaurant and the server waits until your mouth is full before coming over and asking 'how's the food tasting?'
it's like, fuck off can't you see i have a mouth full of food??
besides, what happened to really asking - 'is everything to your satisfaction? is there something i can bring for you?' then get the fuck away and keep an eye on your table from a distance ffs.

Spray food in her face while replying to her lol

Reactions: subwayrider