Not allowed to build minarets anymore | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Not allowed to build minarets anymore

I think that the banning of headscarves would be horrible :( It would be like forbidding people to wear trousers... or crosses. I can understand that people don't want buildings that in their opinion represent something horrible, illegal even,to be in their town, but banning headscarves means stepping on an area so private that it's just not fair. And it's against human rights, as it is a human right to express one's religious convictions-- also in public.

In general I think that muslims and other immigrants should abide by the same rules as native residents. We have a right to our religion, and they should have a right to theirs, as long as the religion abides by our laws. We have a duty to teach our children our national language at home, and immigrants should also take care that their children learn our language. We can't require that the media don't criticise our ways, and immigrants can't require that the media don't criticise their ways. It's as simple as that: same rules to everyone. In conclusion, a right to express religious convictions is a rule that applies to everyone, not only to native residents.

very well said.

Uhh yeah tell me that when they have the numbers to start affecting real change at the end of a sword. Ya know like they did where ever they spread before.

Are you familiar with the concept of cultural assimilation? It seems as though you see no difference between the Islamic conquests of the Middle Ages and the peaceful emigration of modern times. The Jihadists are generally not the ones moving to Europe.

Fly away, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your culture with us, and for helping educate us on the truth. Your courage under fire is commendable, and I wish I could hug you through this monitor! :hug: I wish we could all be as tolerant and as understanding as you've shown yourself to be.

Reactions: TheLastMohican
I would care but then I remembered that in some areas around where I live Christmas decorations have been banned because some Muslims found it offensive and 'trying to force christian beliefs onto them'. So as far as I see it, too freaking bad. If I have to keep my beliefs indoors then nuts to the rest of ya.

What does that have to do with the Swiss ban? You live in Australia. By your logic, the establishment of Sharia law in Saudi Arabia could justify the establishment of Paul's Epistles as law in the U.S. What sense does it make to retaliate against unjust laws in other countries by coming up with some unjust laws of your own?

I would care but then I remembered that in some areas around where I live Christmas decorations have been banned because some Muslims found it offensive and 'trying to force christian beliefs onto them'. So as far as I see it, too freaking bad. If I have to keep my beliefs indoors then nuts to the rest of ya.

Wait what? Some people do something you see as stupid and suddenly you are shamed of your country of origin? I find this far more stupid then the act you showed us to begin with.

I don't know who is more retarded the muslims claiming they are getting christian belief forced on them, or the ones who actually banned christmas decorations.

I lean on the latter

I don't know who is more retarded the muslims claiming they are getting christian belief forced on them, or the ones who actually banned christmas decorations.

I lean on the latter

I love Christmas. I am not a Muslim. Personnally, I like having Christmas decorations up. First, I dont think that it is only and all Muslims who may have tried to have Christmas decorations banned. That is a HUGE generalization. I also dont think that people who want Christmas may be from other religions.

I think that it is important to recognize that the United States is a PLURALISTIC society. This means that all religions are welcome. This is a country that is supposed to welcome all religions.

People (like the Puritans) immigrated to the United States for religious freedom.

The United States is for all...

(I apologize to the World Community for this commentary on the US I felt it was relevant to the discussion.)

Last edited:
Fly away, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your culture with us, and for helping educate us on the truth. Your courage under fire is commendable, and I wish I could hug you through this monitor! :hug: I wish we could all be as tolerant and as understanding as you've shown yourself to be.

Thank you for the compliments arbygil. :m032: I'm glad I could help! :hug:

Reactions: arbygil
I love Christmas. I am not a Muslim. Personnally, I like having Christmas decorations up. First, I dont think that it is only and all Muslims who may have tried to have Christmas decorations banned. That is a HUGE generalization. I also dont think that people who want Christmas may be from other religions.

I think that it is important to recognize that the United States is a PLURALISTIC society. This means that all religions are welcome. This is a country that is supposed to welcome all religions.

People (like the Puritans) immigrated to the United States for religious freedom.

The United States is for all...

(I apologize to the World Community for this commentary on the US I felt it was relevant to the discussion.)

It was probably a very small minority of Muslims who wanted the decorations banned. Something like that should not be an issue at all, seriously. I gladly helped my neighbor decorate her tree a few years ago when she ill and couldn't really do it alone. Do I feel that this threatened my faith in my religion? Not in the very least.

Are you familiar with the concept of cultural assimilation? It seems as though you see no difference between the Islamic conquests of the Middle Ages and the peaceful emigration of modern times. The Jihadists are generally not the ones moving to Europe.
Werent the London subway bombers born and raised in England? Yeah keep reaching.

Werent the London subway bombers born and raised in England? Yeah keep reaching.

They were. But so what? That has nothing to do with the rest of the European population. Timothy McVeigh was born and raised in the United States. But does that make me and the rest of the American population potential terrorists? Of course not.

Last edited:
Tbat is a great point Fly Away!!

Three of them were (with some trips to the Middle East for radicalization). Are you trying to make a relevant point with that tidbit? If their histories were somehow representative of the Muslims' throughout Europe, methinks we would have seen quite a few more subway bombings.

Pretty sure you're the one reaching in this thread. It's like saying someone from where ever you live is extremely closed minded, then everyone there must be as well.

Three of them were (with some trips to the Middle East for radicalization). Are you trying to make a relevant point with that tidbit? If their histories were somehow representative of the Muslims' throughout Europe, methinks we would have seen quite a few more subway bombings.

OK ok what about the muslim street riots every summer in France?

Or that film maker who was murdered

Or the Catholic school girls who got thier heads cut off...

are you intentionally being obtuse?

Yeah, but Europeans value freedom higher than security.
I am sure some eurapeans do and some eauropeans don't. This law however curtails religious freedom in my view so your comment is somewhat ironic.

America doesn't really know what it means to fight for freedom in the same way that Europeans do. Remember WW2? They fought in their homes for it then.

What does that have to do with anything?

It seemed that most Muslims I have spoken to absolutely hated that caricacture.

I wasn't refering to the caricature but to the violent impulse to blow things up.

My bad should have edited better

OK ok what about the muslim street riots every summer in France?

Or that film maker who was murdered

Or the Catholic school girls who got thier heads cut off...

are you intentionally being obtuse?

What about the boys that were molested at the hands of Catholic Priests?

Besides, as fly away said, minarets are a part of culture, not Religion.

Anyway, fuck religion. Religious people are trying to stop aids infested africa from using condoms.

Not all religious people Shai Gar :D

I do, in fact, respect your opinion tremendously. I dont think ALL religious people are doing this

What about the boys that were molested at the hands of Catholic Priests?

I would have those priests killed by firing squad if I could.

Dont mistake my comments about Islam as some sort of favor for Christians, I am an atheist, I dislike all religion. I just dont pretend that Christians today are somehow more violent then muslims overall, theyre not.

Sookie runs and gets her armor before anyone responds to her posts

:mxmas:What the heck I thought this would get a laugh. I could not find a iron clad monkey

Reactions: Moxie