Not allowed to build minarets anymore | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Not allowed to build minarets anymore

minarets and steeples look alike, just thought i'd say it again...

My view on all of this is that this is part of culture and should not be portrayed as negative, it's completely stupid to ban something that's not affecting Europeans in any sort of way, anyone should have the right to follow their culture, and I think this Muslim-phobia is mainly due to misunderstandings from both Islamic parties and Non-Islamic parties, Muslims are peaceful like many other religions claim to be, it's not their fault some radicals are trying to push their views and in case of war I do not think Muslims who truly practice Islam would join forces with this radicals, so what's the problem? Why are Muslims being treated this well? what happened to freedom of religion? I guess some view it as insulted, but I don't give a shit like many have stated, let anybody do what they want as long as it does not involve violence and I have not seen any sort of action occurring in Europe for them to behave in such a way.

I would care but then I remembered that in some areas around where I live Christmas decorations have been banned because some Muslims found it offensive and 'trying to force christian beliefs onto them'. So as far as I see it, too freaking bad. If I have to keep my beliefs indoors then nuts to the rest of ya.

I'm not as much shocked (for Swiss people tend to be very conservative if they are not observed by anyone) as I am devastated and frustrated and ashamed for having to call myself Swiss.

Wait what? Some people do something you see as stupid and suddenly you are shamed of your country of origin? I find this far more stupid then the act you showed us to begin with.

I would care but then I remembered that in some areas around where I live Christmas decorations have been banned because some Muslims found it offensive and 'trying to force christian beliefs onto them'. So as far as I see it, too freaking bad. If I have to keep my beliefs indoors then nuts to the rest of ya.

Wait what? Some people do something you see as stupid and suddenly you are shamed of your country of origin? I find this far more stupid then the act you showed us to begin with.

Does not mean we have to behave the same way, doing this would only cause more friction and conflict, we need to avoid any sort of religious conflict, is the last thing we want, as I said the problem is not the Muslims but the radicals, as people who practice faiths that believe in peace and harmony such as Christians and Muslims should solve their differences diplomatically, it's just that there are so many misunderstandings/misconceptions that this has not been made possible, people don't care to inform themselves on the views of others rather just follow what they been thought is correct, this sort of close-mindedness has to end from both parties and religious groups need to teach unity.

Last edited:
It sounds most likely to me that this "ban" was on Christmas decorations on public property.
That is quite different from banning things on private property.

I would like to know the reasoning behind the ban of the minarets.

On a personal basis, they wouldn't disturb me enough to vote against them. Also, I don't think I have a good concept of their importance in the islamic religion, therefore I'd feel a bit out of place voting for such a thing. I don't feel as though I'm entitled to make judgements on someone else's religion, unless it is greatly and directly detrimental to the welfare of humanity.

It sounds most likely to me that this "ban" was on Christmas decorations on public property.
That is quite different from banning things on private property.

How did it sound like that when I barely gave any info on the subject? :dizzy: Shop owners, from small businesses to shopping centres, were told to take their decorations down. That is not public property and as such no one has any business telling them to remove their decorations.
They tried pulling the same shit with peoples homes and even a Church's front yard, but luckily that bullshit didn't win out.

Does not mean we have to behave the same way, doing this would only cause more friction and conflict, we need to avoid any sort of religious conflict, is the last thing we want, as I said the problem is not the Muslims but the radicals, as people who practice faiths that believe in peace and harmony such as Christians and Muslims should solve their differences diplomatically, it's just that there are so many misunderstandings/misconceptions that this has not been made possible, people don't care to inform themselves on the views of others rather just follow what they been thought is correct, this sort of close-mindedness has to end from both parties and religious groups need to teach unity.

Maybe it's not nice to behave the same way, however most people don't accept that something is bullshit until they have to live with a dose of their own medicine.

Last edited:
How did it sound like that when I barely gave any info on the subject? :dizzy: Shop owners, from small businesses to shopping centres, were told to take their decorations down. That is not public property and as such no one has any business telling them to remove their decorations.
They tried pulling the same shit with peoples homes and even a Church's front yard, but luckily that bullshit didn't win out.

I hate to be blunt about it but I must. That's stupid.

I hate to be blunt about it but I must. That's stupid.

Yeah, no one is arguing otherwise. However the council thought it best to 'not cause trouble' and simply go along with the nonsense.

The authoritative body that told them to do it was almost undoubtedly the chamber of commerce of wherever you live, and as I understand it, they're basically contractually obligated to do what they say.

Otherwise, I would find this extremely surprising.

Yeah, no one is arguing otherwise. However the council thought it best to 'not cause trouble' and simply go along with the nonsense.

That doesn't even make sense. I would understand people being upset if someone were to put Christmas decorations around the mosque or something but this is absurd.

Was it a law or a suggestion from the council? Will shop owners be prosecuted if they don't comply?

Just like the banning of the Minarets should not have occurred, Muslims are not the only ones attacking Christians, I'm forced to go to a Christian congregation because of my parents, they spend half their day talking about how ''evil'' other religions are and of course Islam is their main subject of attack,the sad thing is that stuff like this spreads around and the misconceptions grow without even realizing the ignorance of what they have just learned, the same happens with many Muslim preachers and voila we have a crash, a group of radicals form and we basically have this issue right now. But why are Muslims described as the violent, non peaceful ones? aren't Christians doing the same actions? I think we need to realize that religion is a lot like culture and we need to respect that, and that the values that both religion teach are not very different, so what's the point?

Correct me if I misunderstand your logic:

• There are too many Muslims in Europe.
  • If they are not suppressed, they will take over Europe and start killing everyone else.
  • If European countries pass laws to make the continent inhospitable for Muslims, then the Muslims will go back to the Middle East.
  • Since that is a desirable result, the Swiss should do all this and more to make the Muslims go away.
Oh, that's just lovely. *facepalm* Has it occurred to you that such conduct on the part of Europeans would (justifiably) piss off many Muslims? Has it occurred to you that keeping Muslims isolated from western culture will only contribute to the already rampant problem of hatred and dehumanization of those outside the faith? Has it occurred to you that persecution begets resentment, which begets violence?

All about architecture, really? If they went ahead and banned mosques altogether (as some apparently wish), would that too be "all about architecture"?

Uhh yeah tell me that when they have the numbers to start affecting real change at the end of a sword. Ya know like they did where ever they spread before.

Just like the banning of the Minarets should not have occurred, Muslims are not the only ones attacking Christians, I'm forced to go to a Christian congregation because of my parents, they spend half their day talking about how ''evil'' other religions are and of course Islam is their main subject of attack,the sad thing is that stuff like this spreads around and the misconceptions grow without even realizing the ignorance of what they have just learned, the same happens with many Muslim preachers and voila we have a crash, a group of radicals form and we basically have this issue right now. But why are Muslims described as the violent, non peaceful ones? aren't Christians doing the same actions? I think we need to realize that religion is a lot like culture and we need to respect that, and that the values that both religion teach are not very different, so what's the point?
No no buddy, what spreads around "misconceptions" are the people flying planes into buildings, bombing embassies, and cutting off the heads of school children.

Uhh yeah tell me that when they have the numbers to start affecting real change at the end of a sword. Ya know like they did where ever they spread before.
All I sense from you is constant anger; why is it that you harbor so much hate and fear?

It's a pity you can't see beyond stereotypical representations of Islam.

All I sense from you is constant anger; why is it that you harbor so much hate and fear?

It's a pity you can't see beyond stereotypical representations of Islam.

Hey Yoda, I dont mind peaceful Muslims, just ya know those stereotypical ones who go around murdering people kinda make it hard to take the whole "its a religion of peace" thing seriously. And it isnt new, its been going on since Islams inception. History much?

Hey Yoda, I dont mind peaceful Muslims, just ya know those stereotypical ones who go around murdering people kinda make it hard to take the whole "its a religion of peace" thing seriously. And it isnt new, its been going on since Islams inception. History much?
violence existed Looooooooooooonnggg before islam. Its much more likely that the violence is a human nature or cultural thing than anything to do with one's religion. Do I need to list every conflict that has nothing to do with Islam? I don't really want to, but I can assure you its a lot longer than the list of conflicts caused by Islam/muslims. pay attention to all of history much?

If you believe such things represent the religion, you seriously don't know the first things about it. Crack open a book or two that is actually about the teachings of the religion, not what some fanatics have done. Fanatics are the only ones who are remembered in history, the peaceful people are boring and thus forgotten.

I doubt that you are truthful when you said you don't mind peaceful Muslims because this whole thread is littered with words of hate and fear mongering from your mouth. You paint the religion and all of its participants with the same brush. In my book that's bigotry.

for someone who claims to know about and talks a lot about violence and its history, you really need to try to remove muslims from under that heavily stained microscope, take a step back, and look at violence as a bigger picture. only then will you realize that violence has nothing to do with Islam. it has to do with people from every part of the world you can imagine.

Last edited: