Not allowed to build minarets anymore | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Not allowed to build minarets anymore

I would have those priests killed by firing squad if I could.

Dont mistake my comments about Islam as some sort of favor for Christians, I am an atheist, I dislike all religion. I just dont pretend that Christians today are somehow more violent then muslims overall, theyre not.

You are making broad generalizations however. It is not ALL muslims just like it is not ALL Priests.

OK ok what about the muslim street riots every summer in France?

"Every summer"? They were bad in fall of 2005.

Or the Catholic school girls who got thier heads cut off...

In Europe? Inform me.

You bring up these examples as if they prove something about European Muslims. How about looking up all the crimes that occur and checking to see what groups the perpetrators belong to? Are you going to blame and subjugate Protestants for of the murders of abortionists and bombings of clinics? Are you going hold all American Hmong responsible for the murders of hunters in Wisconsin? This cherry picking is ridiculous.

You are making broad generalizations however. It is not ALL muslims just like it is not ALL Priests.

Oh really? I didn't realize that. I guess that makes it ok then.

Reactions: Sithious
I think you are missing my point.

The alternative is that you just dont want to admit that I am making a good argument (See thread no right and wrong :)).

I am not saying violence is ok.

I am saying that blaming a whole group of people for a radical few is not logical. They are not ALL muslims.

What they are is fanatics.

There are many peaceful Muslims.

What people are doing when they are saying ALL Muslims are flaming hatred of ALL Muslims. This is not ok.

I care just as much for a Muslim sister in faith as I do a Christian sister in faith.

I am running to get my armor again
:m034:

We are all human beings.

We should kick Connecticut from the US because everyone from Connecticut make broad sweeping generalizations tinged with bigotry.

See? Reasoning like that makes no sense.

Last edited:
"Every summer"? They were bad in fall of 2005.

In Europe? Inform me.

You bring up these examples as if they prove something about European Muslims. How about looking up all the crimes that occur and checking to see what groups the perpetrators belong to? Are you going to blame and subjugate Protestants for of the murders of abortionists and bombings of clinics? Are you going hold all American Hmong responsible for the murders of hunters in Wisconsin? This cherry picking is ridiculous.

Err yeah except you are cherry picking, how many hmong murder hunters every year? How many Protestants bomb abortion clinics?

Very very few. You know an actual minority. In Islam though throughout the world, including the US and Europe, people kill in the name of Islam all the time. There are Muslim riots in Europe all the time.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/03/increasing_muslim_violence_in.html

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/11/p...drals-to-challenge-swiss-ban-on-minarets.html

some fun reading for you.

I think you are missing my point.

The alternative is that you just dont want to admit that I am making a good argument (See thread no right and wrong :)).

I am not saying violence is ok.

I am saying that blaming a whole group of people for a radical few is not logical. They are not ALL muslims.

What they are is fanatics.

There are many peaceful Muslims.

What people are doing when they are saying ALL Muslims are flaming hatred of ALL Muslims. This is not ok.

I care just as much for a Muslim sister in faith as I do a Christian sister in faith.

I am running to get my armor again
:m034:

Well lets figure out what radical few means, I think there is more than a radical few in Islam then people are willing to admit. Its not all or even half, but def more than a few.

We should kick Connecticut from the US because everyone from Connecticut because they all make broad sweeping generalizations tinged with bigotry.

Err yeah except I am 1 of 3 million people in Connecticut. Lets say 100,000 out of 3 million were my clones, then I would think you might have a good case going for you.

Err yeah except you are cherry picking, how many hmong murder hunters every year? How many Protestants bomb abortion clinics?

Very very few. You know an actual minority. In Islam though throughout the world, including the US and Europe, people kill in the name of Islam all the time. There are Muslim riots in Europe all the time.

There are more than 50 million Muslims in Europe. Are you seriously saying that more than 25 million of them are killing people?

Err yeah except I am 1 of 3 million people in Connecticut. Lets say 100,000 out of 3 million were my clones, then I would think you might have a good case going for you.

You just made the same point we are trying to make.

There are

1.2 BILLION muslims in the world. That is 22 percent of the WORLDS POPULATION!

If it was not a radical few the world would be in flames!

:m114:

Can I just make a quick mention here and say I think I must've hit my forehead against my desk about thirty or forty times whilst reading this thread?

Fly_away, my sincerest thanks to you for keeping a cool head.

There are more than 50 million Muslims in Europe. Are you seriously saying that more than 25 million of them are killing people?

Where did you get 25 million from?

I would say closer to 1 million.

You just made the same point we are trying to make.

There are

1.2 BILLION muslims in the world. That is 22 percent of the WORLDS POPULATION!

If it was not a radical few the world would be in flames!

:m114:

Ummm it is in flames in many areas.

You know what I mean. Billy- I think that you are a smart man. It takes a really smart man to admit when someone has a point.

I am sure some eurapeans do and some europeans don't. This law however curtails religious freedom in my view so your comment is somewhat ironic.
It curtails the religious freedoms of a religion publicly perceived (and the radicals don't do much to stop this p.o.v.) as being a religion of sexual subjugation, homophobia and intolerance.

The specific things that could be said to be known are the burqa ban. This was a part of a ban on ALL THINGS religious, not just one religion. It was a part of an initiative of bringing people closer by removing the symbols that separate them.

Where did you get 25 million from?

That's half of 50 million. You implied that at least half of Muslims murder.

I would say closer to 1 million.
So 2% of European Muslims? That still sounds awfully high. Check out this map of intentional homicide rates per country (darker means more, lighter means fewer):

Homicide-world2.png

Europe looks pretty good, doesn't it? That's an average of 5.4 murders per 100,000 residents. The population of Europe is about 831.4 million. So about 44,896 murders occur each year.
Let's be generous to your theory and say that the average Muslim who murders only does so once, let's say in a 50-year life span. That averages out to 20,000 murders per year, almost half of the total.
To recap: You're saying that about 6% of the population of Europe (Muslim immigrants) commits almost half of the continent's murders each year. Ever wonder why you seem to be the only one aware of this?

Reactions: sookie
Dagnabit! I could keep eating popcorn and watching how this thread unfolds but I have to go to class.

Seriously though this is not right or wrong debate. there are so many nuances. This is a topic to be taken serious topic. However, we need some levity in order to bring people together instead of driving eveyone apart in hatred.

Last edited:
America doesn't really know what it means to fight for freedom in the same way that Europeans do. Remember WW2? They fought in their homes for it then.

What does that have to do with anything?
Remember the Patriot Act that stripped away American Rights?
It passed with only a few peaceful protests.

Whenever the European Governments try to pass unapproved legislation there is violent rioting in the streets. I asked a 70 year old European (Scotsman, well travelled throughout Europe) I used to work for why that was, and he said it was because mainland Europe can still remember the stifling oppression of the NAZI Party, and would never again allow their governments to become as Right Wing Authoritarian again, or to allow Religious Oppression (towards the religions or from the religions*). The Eastern European nations can very much remember the USSR Stranglehold and R.W.Authoritarianism that prevailed there, and Doug (Scottish Fellow) had been there during the USSR time, and after it. Most of the citizenry there (in the 90's) REALLY didn't and still don't want that sort of crap again.

Europe has lived through some of the most brutal Oppression in the last Century, and as a result most of the older generation have really dug in there heels there, and passed it on as a culture (I believe) to the youth.

Whereas America hasn't known enough oppression to fight for their rights (argue peacefully in indignant lassitude), only a few really do, and they're called Militia Extremists who're generally cast in a conspiracy theorist light and seem to be rather racist and ultra-nationalist.

That's what this has to do with it.

*It is from the religions that concerns Europe at the moment.

**Feel free to dispute any of that forum members from Europe, either France, Germany, Netherlands Region, Eastern Europe or Scandanavia...**

We should kick Connecticut from the US because everyone from Connecticut make broad sweeping generalizations tinged with bigotry.

I realise you're making a joke, and I can see the amusing side of it... However I think you've touched on the truth. Fuck Connecticut.

Everyone was in shock that was why. The climate was very shellshocked when 9/11 happened. I remember when the Patriot passed. Someone on the radio said:

"Liberty dies behind closed door."

In all honesty the People of the US did not know what had hit them.
I remember