My case that America is not the greatest country on earth... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

My case that America is not the greatest country on earth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with first statement!
Its true that there are no utopian societies. No one will never be satisfied at the same time.

As for that last statement I completely dissagree, there are black and middle-classers who love America too, who have embraced their life and achieved absolution.
Loving one's country and being successful in one's country are two different things.

You're right, I hate America.

*rolls eyes*

I completely agree with first statement!
Its true that there are no utopian societies. No one will never be satisfied at the same time.

As for that last statement I completely dissagree, there are black and middle-classers who love America too, who have embraced their life and achieved absolution.
lol Barack Obama?

This is what I worry about!! We are no where close to the system we had when the constitution was founded.
If we lived by the system the constitution was first created. I would be a slave in America...:m067:

I want to make a general observation...

Since when did disagreeing with the government or how things are run become unpatriotic? I'm American and I'm damn well proud of it. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else and I'd die for this nation if I thought the fight was justified. My America is not land of the 'sheep people'. I refuse to blindly follow what I disagree with and expect other people to do the same. If you agree with what ever, good for you. Other people don't and they have every right not to. That's what makes this nation great. We're fucking free to think and speak on our own behalf. We are a nation of people that was built for the people. Our voices should never be silent.

I would love to talk to you about this in length some time.

If we lived by the system the constitution was first created. I would be a slave in America...:m067:

You could be MY slave!!!

But you are right.

Some of the ammendments are quite important.

I'm not claiming that America is a horrible place to live but I'm tired of people claiming America is some kind of unique land of opportunity, insight, and freedom.

5 Myths about American opportunity...
http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2009/1101_opportunity_sawhill_haskins.aspx

Insight into American insight...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

How free is America....
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/r188.pdf

With all due respect, your case is pretty lame. Your first link is all right, but limited in scope and lacking much comparison to other countries. Your second link can be ignored as merely a comedic compilation of ignorami who are not representative of average Americans. Your third link employs a bait-and-switch fallacy, pretending that the celebrated American "freedom" is supposed to mean that few people end up prison, rather than the fact that our Constitution protects certain activities from legislation.

Besides, this is the wrong approach in the first place: bringing up some problems with America doesn't prove anything about its standing until you point to other countries that have fewer problems overall. (You're supposed to be arguing that America as a whole is not the greatest country, not just that America is surpassed by some other countries in some areas.)
If you could choose a country in which to live, where would you go?

A lot of people tried. Thats why there was communism, nazism, totalitarianism...everyone has an idea of what is considered "great society"...bottom line there is none. American system compared to other systems works the best so far...it has many faults but I'll take it over everything else that is prevalent in the world...

But who knows, the way shit is, the system might collapse...

Lord have mercy, I hope it never does. In such a case, I think that there would be an unpleasant or disastrous destiny for the world and many countries would avenge America.

If you look at it in terms of human history, nothing like The USA has ever really existed before. We put humans on the moon just because we could. We have elected a non European's son to the Presidency. Nobody comes close to what we have accomplished.
Hubris is deadly but pride in accomplishment breeds healthy self esteem.

THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY!!!
See that could never happen here, its even in our constitution that e.g. a Muslim is not allowed to be a prime minister.

See that could never happen here, its even in our constitution that e.g. a Muslim is not allowed to be a prime minister.
You have to be a native born American to be president.

America is a melting pot...sometimes its hot and crazy and sometimes its cold and and bitter...law of polarity people:meye:... you can't have the good without the bad.

Barack Obama is a muslim??

Pristinegirl;Lord have mercy, I hope it never does. In such a case, I think that there would be an unpleasant or disastrous destiny for the world and many countries would avenge America.

its nothing to worry about. Many great civilizations such as the Eqyptians and Romans have gone the course of reaching its full potential and falling into darkness and ruins. Its inevitable but we probably won't live to see it....unless North Korea and Iran stop messing with them bombs...

Last edited:
Nobody's vote matters. Power needs to be brought back to the state and taken from the federal government. Then the people in a state would actually HAVE some influence...

I really hate the states rights versus federal rights argument. What about the individual?

You could be MY slave!!!

But you are right.

Some of the ammendments are quite important.
Ha...i would bed the most powerful slave owner to gain the most advantage...haha...so u better hope you are one...lol:meye:

I could definitely see a violent revolution in America in 5-10 years.

I really hate the states rights versus federal rights argument. What about the individual?

Well, I don't believe in anarchy. I believe there needs to be some sort of government. It is the lesser of the two evils in my opinion. (State vs Federal)

Loving one's country and being successful in one's country are two different things.

I am very well aware of that. However there is a correlation, it shows that those who 'fail' are more inclined to disslike their country.

lol Barack Obama?
Haha theres also Oprah Winfrey! :) But he is a great symbol yes, I would think that he does a hell of a good job in making others hopeful and appreciative too.

You have to be a native born American to be president.

That makes sense! Here it is native born as well although specifically Muslims are not allowed.

America is a melting pot...sometimes its hot and crazy and sometimes its cold and and bitter...law of polarity people:meye:... you can't have the good without the bad.

Yes but haven't you learned ? Take the good with bad, and smile when you're sad :)

That makes sense! Here it is native born as well although specifically Muslims are not allowed.
Don't get me wrong! I agree with it too.

Anti religion laws as to prime minister seem crazy to me (although it will probably be a while before an openly Muslim president is elected in the US as well. Probably wouldn't sit right with a number of voters)

Barack Obama is a muslim??

I don't know but I was comparing to Sweden, where a Muslim prime minister is not allowed (we don't have a president).

its nothing to worry about. Many great civilizations such as the Eqyptians and Romans have gone the course of reaching its full potential and falling into darkness and ruins. Its inevitable but we probably won't live to see it....unless North Korea and Iran stop messing with them bombs...
But those are not the same to what America is to the world in this time. I think America is a hopeful to the world, either loved or hated.

Status
Not open for further replies.