My case that America is not the greatest country on earth... | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

My case that America is not the greatest country on earth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the electoral college put in place by the founders out of fear of the uneducated voter?...voters are uneducated in what they are voting on and/or who they are voting for).

I think the great american ignorance has less to do with the individual voter and more to do with the media.

On top of that because of institutions like the electoral college people feel really disenfranchised. If your voice doesn't hold ant weight why put any effort into it.

Americans are no more or no less intellectual and intelligent then voters in a more direct democracy. But there are cultural and institutional barriers barring them from full participation and developing intellectual nuance.

I think the great american ignorance has less to do with the individual voter and more to do with the media.

On top of that because of institutions like the electoral college people feel really disenfranchised. If your voice doesn't hold ant weight why put any effort into it.

Americans are no more or no less intellectual and intelligent then voters in a more direct democracy. But there are cultural and institutional barriers barring them from full participation and developing intellectual nuance.
I agree with you and I don't like the idea of an electoral college.

I think voters are uneducated on the issues and what they are voting for (but don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say people are stupid in general). I would agree that the media does play a big part of it though. It's hard to be motivated to learn when you see no reason in learning.

The great American Dream: the great fantasy.

The Land of Opportunity: the land of hypocrisy.

When you bought into the propaganda did the little part of yourself that likes to question the infallibility of America's greatness die?
When you became a nonconforming conformist who took himself far too seriously did the part of you that wasn't an overbearing bully die off?

I'm not. In Australia there are no ranks or titles, that got abolished years ago, and all of our most famous people were paupers.

In France titles don't matter either, you get mocked for them.
In Germany only your ability to AOE Grind matters.

I could go on and on. I won't though because it's a bullshit statement. It tells me you know nothing about the world.

lol the only one here who is ignorant is you about the United States and Americans in general and our culture. But hey you come from a pretty insignificant place, so I guess it shouldn't bother me.

When you became a nonconforming conformist who took himself far too seriously did the part of you that wasn't an overbearing bully die off?

You shouldn't answer a question with a question. It's rude. :m129:

Hm...nonconforming conformist? Overbearing bully? :m066:

...thanks for proving the stereotype...

I hate to say it but yet again I agree your attitude is exactly why Americans are viewed they are aroundthe world!
Posted via Mobile Device

No DUH, no matter what we do we will be hated and despised because we are officially the lone super power at this time. If this was 200 years ago we would all be sitting around hating on the British.

No DUH, no matter what we do we will be hated and despised because we are officially the lone super power at this time. If this was 200 years ago we would all be sitting around hating on the British.

What makes you think that America is a super power anymore? We can't even influence countries like Iran and North Korea and you think we categorize as the world's hegemon?

WELL SAID!

What makes you think that America is a super power anymore? We can't even influence countries like Iran and North Korea and you think we categorize as the world's hegemon?

Superpower doesnt mean you can control maniac despots. It means you are the strongest nation on earth, and we are. We are not only financially dominant even now in this horrid recession, but also militarily, we can attack any nation in the world in minutes with our war machine. We run the show theres no way around it. Doesn't mean we will forever, but we do right now.

Reactions: Pristinegirl
Superpower doesnt mean you can control maniac despots. It means you are the strongest nation on earth, and we are. We are not only financially dominant even now in this horrid recession, but also militarily, we can attack any nation in the world in minutes with our war machine. We run the show theres no way around it. Doesn't mean we will forever, but we do right now.

Ok, I'll give that to you. We have the highest GDP and largest military in the world.

Reactions: Pristinegirl
I'm with George Washington on this:

the political parties are becoming our downfall. Of course humans naturally arrange themselves in groups, but it's getting rediculous. It's created so much division. They have become so focused on fitting into their left or right category that they are forgetting to take each problem separately, and how it effects america as a whole.

Get over your dang groups and get something done, please.

I think people take great pride to be an American because we are known as the "melting pot". America takes in many different cultures from different parts and mixes them, thus that is why America is called the melting pot.

I think America's great, honestly. But politicans, most are anyway, dishonest and that makes me really upset.

Greatest or most aggressive?

To answer that, think of a nuclear armed Bernie Madoff

LOL thats hilarious and terrifying at the same time!

The USA could be a great country. It could set a great example to the rest of the world. It has acheived many incredible things. But it is not a force for good in the world at the moment.

Last edited:
I firmly believe that the road to prosperity, sustainability, and true equality lies in and informed and engaged electorate.

I firmly believe that the road to prosperity, sustainability, and true equality lies in and informed and engaged electorate.

I agree knowledge is power.

The more the people are empowered the less power the power elites hold. They won't give up their power easily. I believe there is engineered ignorance in the west, so that there is an apathetic and pliable electorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.