Music and Mainstream Crap Criticism | Page 2 | INFJ Forum
Ed Sheeran must be one of the greatest musicians of this generation.

His new album or whatever with all the collaborations... good job keeping it fresh and sexy.

Even the shittiest of music can help some people in the darkest of times.
Whatever a person is feeling or into, I try not to judge.
That said, when it comes down to it most music is garbage. Inspirational garbage.

Some music, though, has a negative effect, though, too. And can be a contributor to:
violence, suicide, depression.

Of course other factors come in to play though, so I dunno... Some music is pure shit all around.

I'm not judging people for what they like, I'm only staying my opinion as to what I like/dislike. To each their own, for sure. You'll never hear me talk down on someone for their tastes in music.

Art should be just that: art. It shouldn't be heartless word vomit.
"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind ... the only yardstick by which the result should be judged is simply that of how it sounds. If it sounds good it's successful; if it doesn't it has failed." - Duke Ellington

Another one.

Weezer. Staaaaahp
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwww baaaaarf!

And regarding the song, whoever put the time, money and energy into making an installation that will bleat this song on an infinite loop in the African desert should be buried in an anthill.

“Namibian-German artist Max Siedentopf has set up a solar-powered sound installation in the coastal Namib Desert to play the soft-rock classic on a loop. He has chosen an undisclosed spot in the desert to set up six speakers attached to an MP3 player with the single track on it and promises that it will run 'for all eternity'.

'I … wanted to pay the song the ultimate homage and physically exhibit 'Africa' in Africa,' Siedentopf told NPR. 'The Namibian desert — which is, with 55 million years, the oldest desert in the world — seemed to be the perfect spot for this.'”

Last edited: