Music and Mainstream Crap Criticism | Page 6 | INFJ Forum
Your stuff sounds the same. I mean, grow with it.

I found most contemporary music started to sound just the same when I got older - most of it is poor, or recycled stuff. I guess only about 5% of contemporary music at any one time is good. I tend to live in the past music-wise because most of the crap has been filtered out, and I spread myself over many different genres because I enjoy the variety in the sound base they bring.

I don't know. I've heard this same criticism in just about every decade I've been alive.
I think part of it is just growing older, and being able to see the same old trends repeated over and over. It's the same with movies, books, TV. So often, you can tell exactly where the plot is going, because you've seen it all before. Whereas, when you were a kid, you thought such twists and turns were amazing. It doesn't mean that particular media is bad, it just means your brain is more experienced.

And then, there's also the fact that if you listen to music from a previous generation, you'll only be hearing the good stuff that's been filtered out from the crap. Whereas with current music, that hasn't happened yet.
So I think it's a matter of digging, of searching for the stuff that resonates to you. But being a bit older, it's difficult to find the enthusiasm, and so you fall back onto what is familiar. Onto what sparked such strong feelings when you were younger.

Don't get me wrong, 90 % of just about all popular music from any era is crap. And it doesn't help that there's a lot more choice today than before, so more crap. But I think there's also a lot more good stuff too. In fact some of my favorite musical artists have been from the last 10 years or so.

Oooooh boy. Mainstream music has been going downhill for a while. There are a few songs that I like, beat and melody-wise, but when I listen to the lyrics I shudder. There is no class anymore. I was able to take some refuge in Korean music (not just k-pop) a few years ago, when it was still good. Nowadays, it's becoming more and more like American pop music, and everything is starting to sound the same. I hardly listen to music nowadays, compared to other years. So many artists are ruining it, as well as the record labels. Record labels nowadays control too much.. Fans are ruining it too by worshipping the artists, no matter what kind of crap music they release. :/

It still baffles me how mumble rap is a thing now.
I struggle with this. I’ll love the song because the music but not in to the lyrics . It gets frustrating for me. Not that the lyrics the bad or anything just something I don’t want to hear I just want to feel it.

Reactions: Synergos and BritNi
I don't think many people listen to country around here. But, I grew up on it and have followed it my whole life.

Reba was my hero growing up. I still believe she's amazing and such a positive influence, along with a lot of women in country these days.

The CMT music awards aired last night.
I feel like it was a huge disappointment.

The great thing about it were the live performances. But, those who were awarded seemed like a joke to me.

I love Garth Brooks, but his time has passed. I really feel like Carrie deserved EOTY this time, and so do most people, it seems.

It was supposed to be a night for women in country. But, it was a damn joke.

I only follow a few select artists these days because most of it, I feel, feeds to the shitty stereotypes of the genre.

Just needed a place to vent.
Thanks!

Contemporary 'country' music pisses me off. I hate it. My kids love it and force me to listen to it in the car. It makes me puke in my mouth and when I can no longer handle puking in my own mouth, I puke in theirs. That doesn't stop them from listening to it though. I don't hate all country music though. I like a lot of older country music. Stuff from the 70's. 'outlaw' country. I especially like Willie Nelson cuz his stuff is super emotional and vulnerable and makes me cry. Woop!

Even when he does other peeps' songs it's good

Unpopular opinion... I don't care for Johnny Cash..

I find as I have gotten older I seek out older music. . like Americana and roots music. old time jazz and the like. I listen to Folk Alley online. . new and recent music leaves me blank. It's fine if you like it, but for me. . give me Tuba Skinny, Rising Appalachia and others the have embraced older styles

Reactions: BritNi
Hey Blake Shelton and Garth...
For real. Fuck you both.

Entertainer of the year, my ass.

Ugh. I'm so pissed over this.

Divebar fucking sucks.

Garth! You had your time. ...can't even write a good song anymore.

Blake! Your face pisses me off, and I think you're a little bitch.

I should start a Twitter account and blast these things like everyone else. I'm pretty sure the handle *BrittneyBitches* is already taken though.

Hey Blake Shelton and Garth...
For real. Fuck you both.

Entertainer of the year, my ass.

Ugh. I'm so pissed over this.

Divebar fucking sucks.

Garth! You had your time. ...can't even write a good song anymore.

Blake! Your face pisses me off, and I think you're a little bitch.

I should start a Twitter account and blast these things like everyone else. I'm pretty sure the handle *BrittneyBitches* is already taken though.

I go back and read this crap, like... What was my problem? Lol. It was just in front of my face and was upsetting me for whatever reason. Haha.

I need to not let things bother me so much.

But. It was nice to write it down in that moment. But, now I'm like... That's dumb, Brit.

Haha.
*Notes to myself*

I go back and read this crap, like... What was my problem? Lol. It was just in front of my face and was upsetting me for whatever reason. Haha.

I need to not let things bother me so much.

But. It was nice to write it down in that moment. But, now I'm like... That's dumb, Brit.

Haha.
*Notes to myself*
:laughing:

It was fun to read, though I had no idea what you were talking about (who are those people?).

Reactions: Ginny and BritNi
Unpopular opinion... I don't care for Johnny Cash..

SociableElementaryKoala-small.gif