BritNi

Perceptive Optimist
Mar 10, 2019
USA
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'm so lost as to what to title this thread, but I need a place for random complaints/annoyances: to be a critic of the arts and mediums.

This is my not amused face:
cowell.jpg

I think all INFJs can be Simons sometimes.

Maybe I'll send some praises here too. We shall see.

Jump in if you're annoyed with something too.

I started this thread because I'm tired of Blue On Black playing in my music feed.

I was an original Five Finger Death Punch fan, but c'mon guys: dontcha think you've released enough covers already?

Your stuff sounds the same. I mean, grow with it.

You wanna cover the classics? Go to it! But I mean, can't you leave it on the album and release original music mainstream?

Wtf Ivan. I love your voice and you sound great and all. But I don't understand why some of this is mainstream.

Maybe it's a Midwest thing. I dunno.

Do something new. A different melody too, would be nice. I can't tell one song from another anymore.

...it's boring and I hate to be so critical. Maybe you guys just need a break for a while? Go on hiatus for a minute or something. I think it would be best.

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Png

Just stop already.
Take a break and come back with a bang.

Why the fuck is Mötley Crüe playing on my 2019 Rock feed?

I mean, good job guys, but it's the same song from the 80's? Revamping and releasing it mainstream is new, too. Kids from a newer generation may become familiar, but they should venture and discover older music on their own terms, maybe?

I'm so confused with this crap.

MV5BODhiMzkwYTctYzgwOC00MDM2LWExYjQtMzY4MDljZjQ3M2RmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_.jpg

The entire rock scene these days kind of sucks altogether. And county.
I feel so old saying I miss the '00s Rock style.

There are a few great ones with each genre, but the majority is bland. With such a competitive market and unlimited talent, it's a shame that shit is pushed down our throats.

Btw: Ellie Goulding and Halsey and Bebe Rexha, etc. do not belong in the rock genre.

Music enthusiasts, know your genres. I need some accuracy in the playlists you create.

When Old Town Road is number one on America's charts, we should be concerned for the sake of our children's musical health. Lol.

Oooooh boy. Mainstream music has been going downhill for a while. There are a few songs that I like, beat and melody-wise, but when I listen to the lyrics I shudder. There is no class anymore. I was able to take some refuge in Korean music (not just k-pop) a few years ago, when it was still good. Nowadays, it's becoming more and more like American pop music, and everything is starting to sound the same. I hardly listen to music nowadays, compared to other years. So many artists are ruining it, as well as the record labels. Record labels nowadays control too much.. Fans are ruining it too by worshipping the artists, no matter what kind of crap music they release. :/

It still baffles me how mumble rap is a thing now.

. So many artists are ruining it, as well as the record labels. Record labels nowadays control too much.. Fans are ruining it too by worshipping the artists, no matter what kind of crap music they release. :/
I definitely agree that record labels have too much control with mainstream music. I think it's been like that for quite a long time actually.

I don't get why people worship artists anyway. I mean, i understand, but I think it's just dumb. They're just people. They're not gods. Fans should hold them accountable.

Thank goodness for YouTube artists.

I live in the midwestbible belt. There is very limited options on the radio here. I'm not sure where it is everywhere else, but the selection is bland.

It still baffles me how mumble rap is a thing now.
Right?!

I'm not a fan of most rap, anyhow. I don't like the derogatory, meaningless stuff. I need something with heart. Unless it's just for comical amusement. Lol.

Of course you would send me an 8 minute song. Lol.

Well now I'm just depressed. Lol.
Good stuff. He speaks truth, but there's no way american radio would never play this song. Lol. He points out issue after issue, but there's no resolve.

Maybe Christian radio might play this, but it's still doubtful.

Thanks for sharing that. So glad I could actually understand what he was saying without having to look up lyrics. Haha. And he has a non-American accent.

That's more than I can say for most American rappers. Haha.

Of course you would send me an 8 minute song. Lol.

Well now I'm just depressed. Lol.
Good stuff. He speaks truth, but there's no way american radio would never play this song. Lol. He points out issue after issue, but there's no resolve.

Maybe Christian radio might play this, but it's still doubtful.

Thanks for sharing that. So glad I could actually understand what he was saying without having to look up lyrics. Haha. And he has a non-American accent.

That's more than I can say for most American rappers. Haha.
Sorry, Brit, lol. It's just that Akala is one of the only rappers I can get behind because most of them glorify the worst aspects of humanity while being completely ignorant of how they are themselves exploited and the role they play in the system.

I find it crazy how values that were ridiculed only a few decades ago are now totally mainstream in US culture, e.g. 'ballin'.

Sorry, Brit, lol. It's just that Akala is one of the only rappers I can get behind because most of them glorify the worst aspects of humanity while being completely ignorant of how they are themselves exploited and the role they play in the system.

I find it crazy how values that were ridiculed only a few decades ago are now totally mainstream in US culture, e.g. 'ballin'.
No need for apology! It was like listening to truthful news.
I just avoid it since I cant control it. Haha.
I'm with you there, Hos.

Bleh.

On that note:
Mainstream Media: there is more to life than politics.
Election is over a year from now. It sucks I have to avoid television just to live without the anxiety that politics give me.

Dat. I actually liked the way rap sounded around the millenium and in the 80s funk. I mean, like, back when it wasn't so boring.
I liked Eminem and yeah, late 80s/early 90s stuff. But it all mostly crosses moral lines like @Deleted member 16771 was saying.

I liked Eminem and yeah, late 80s/early 90s stuff. But it all mostly crosses moral lines like @Deleted member 16771 was saying.
I hate Eminem, just like most rap. I don't think the moral lines were crossed like they were today - it hadn't broken the 4th wall yet.

Edit: as a consequence, I know nothing about rap as a genre from an historical point of view.

Stop with the covers that sound exactly the same.

We all have heard Take On Me so many times in our life.

It is a timeless song though. Lol.

Stop with the covers that sound exactly the same.

We all have heard Take On Me so many times in our life.

It is a timeless song though. Lol.
LOL.

OR, if you plan on covering a song, make it one that has disappeared from the minds of the people. Make it shine anew, rather than a bland repetition.