The Many Faces of INFJ | INFJ Forum

The Many Faces of INFJ

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Adymus, Apr 23, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 18 users.
More threads by Adymus
  1. Adymus

    Adymus Community Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    Threads:
    2
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Preface:
    The INFJ personality type is by in large most misunderstood type. This is mainly do to the incompetence of MBTI implementation, by introducing personality types by a single description. Nobody was ever meant to match up perfectly to a single description. The MBTI descriptions are really only describing what the personality type will be like if they have only their top two functions developed. You see if a personality has well developed lower functions, or a well developed Tertiary and under developed Auxiliary, then they will contradict the description. The only real way to grasp a personality type is if you took a whole free range of many different models of said personality type, and let people swim around in it. But you can't really do that on the internet, or in a book now can you? This is why I advise you all to stop relying on matching people to internet descriptions, and start experiencing the Cognitive functions and personality types on your in, in the real world. To quote the great Carl Jung:

    "Anyone who wants to know the human psyche will learn next to nothing from experimental psychology. He would be better advised to abandon exact science, put away his scholar's gown, bid farewell to his study, and wander with human heart through the world. There in the horrors of prisons, lunatic asylums and hospitals, in drab suburban pubs, in brothels and gambling-hells, in the salons of the elegant, the Stock Exchanges, socialist meetings, churches, revivalist gatherings and ecstatic sects, through love and hate, through the experience of passion in every form in his own body, he would reap richer stores of knowledge than text-books a foot thick could give him, and he will know how to doctor the sick with a real knowledge of the human soul."
    -Carl Jung


    Now while just about every type is in some way misunderstood to the vast majority of the MBTI community, the INFJ in particular was hit the hardest. There is an interesting phenomenon with the INFJ that I am pointing out in this thread: Depending on how an INFJ has developed, they can express their use of cognitive functions in ways that are radically different than other INFJ. There are INFJ that seem like T's, or S's, INFJs that seem like Extroverts or even Ps. INFJs that want to go out and save the world, and then INFJs that just want to shit on everything. The purpose of this thread is to introduce you into the possible models that INFJs in the world can turn out to be. Some them good, some of them bad, some of them just plain weird. While I am splitting INFJs into sub-types in this thread, keep in mind that none of them are a single sub-type, some of these sub-types mark a single ability that every INFJ has access to. This thread only explores the possible forms one might take when they are using the Ni-Fe-Ti-Se apparatus.
    Enjoy.


    The Academic:

    This kind of INFJ is more often than not, confused for an INTJ, or even INTP. They still want to change the world and progress man kind in some way, but sometimes you got to play by science’s rules to cover any ground. While their focus in some way is usually still on people, they approach their research from a very academic and scientific stand point, without necessarily going out to personally teach the world in the INFJ mentor like way you would expect. Naturally these INFJs have a very well developed Ti, so well developed that they themselves would consider themselves thinkers before considering themselves feelers. But make no mistake; this is not Ni-Te they are using. Ni-Fe has a very distinct perception of worldview, and it can be made sense out of in a very logical manner using their Ti tertiary. But it is still just Ti’ed Ni-Fe. The Academics often do not use their Fe as warmly as the others might, this is for two reasons: Academia is srs bsns and when delivering facts and upholding an aura of authority, you don’t to look like a used car sales man. This is also because while they are talking, they are often running what they are going to say through Ti in real time, just to make sure everything is locally coherent. When you use Ti it withdrawals us from the world of personal connections, so it will actually deadpan and drop the emotion on your face (being an INTP myself, that is one I know all too well). If you grew up around a lot of Ti users, you are probably going to come out pretty similar to this, as an INFJ. Considering from day one, you really needed to have your theories tightened up in order for anyone to take you seriously. Sure it might have been brutal at first, but look at the bright side, now you have a really sweet Ti to help you take on the world with!
    Fictional Examples: Professor Charles Xavier (X-Men)
    Real-Life Examples: Dr. Drew, Paul Eckman, Carl Jung (Controversy time!)


    The Method Actor

    “Everybody knows you never go full retard”

    This one right here, my friends, might just be the reason you INFJs have been documented as the rarest of types. Oh the power of the persona, when you project and image, people will create your identity based on that image, regardless of what is actually going on in your head. This marks an extremely uncanny ability that you INFJ folk have. The INFJ can invent an character within their Ni-Fe. They can write an entire story of their life, their family, their experience, their fears, their motivations, their quirks and mannerisms all within their Ni. Then when the time comes, then can channel that character into their Fe and Se to perfectly embody that role, in ways that can be so nuanced that you might not even know you are looking at the same person. Even if acting isn’t your thing, every INFJ still has this in them, and it often comes out in other ways. An INFJ could enter a completely foreign country, and within weeks, or even days, completely master their culture, and maybe even accent.

    Fictional Examples: Song (M.Butterfly), Kirk Lazarus (Tropic Thunder)
    Real-life Examples: Anyone who can properly play the Master of Masks prestige class in Dungeons and Dragons.

    The Guru

    “Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.”

    Whether they are aware of this or not, just about every INFJ is in some way in search for enlightenment, some of them actually find it (Well, at least they think they did), and these are the Guru INFJs. The mentor instinct runs strong in the INFJ breed, and the sage illuminates those that surround her. So the next step is to use that collection of Ni natural law to progress the consciousness of the rest of humanity, by teaching it to the world… Or a handful of disciples. Now hopefully what they teach is something that can be applied to all personalities, and not just their own; I’m looking at you Eckhart Tolle, you German bastard! Just because you are an INFJ doesn’t mean we all are! You can just send any personality type into the desert for a few days, and expect them to come back thirty years older and with a boat load of insights of natural law, like the INFJs can. What is up with that anyway? I swear, you INFJs could stare at a chair for an hour and end up seeing the meaning of life somewhere in it.

    Fictional Examples: Jesus, lol (If any Christians are reading this, then I am totally kidding. If not… Yeah…)
    Real-Life examples: The Dalai Lama, Timothy Leary, Thich Nhat Hanh

    The False Guru

    “You can get your vitamins and nourishment from vitamins and minerals contained within food, or you can bypass food and hook into what we call the universal life force which is prahna.”

    Again, the search for enlightenment and the mentor drive is pervasive among the INFJ. But not all that glitters is gold, and with all do respect, some of them are completely full of shit. Some of them are even aware that they are full of shit, and some of them are not, either way, these are the False Gurus. Just peruse the New Age movement for a little while and you are bound to see quite a few of these. They are usually surrounded by a cohort of poorly developed personalities (mainly NFs and SFs, But I have seen many others in these circles, even NTs) because all of the strong personalities who can smell their bullshit a mile away, leave. Which is all the better, weak minds don’t ask questions, which is perfect because the False Guru can’t answer them. All they can really do is sound really mystical and wifty and charm the hell out of you. Generally speaking, this is mainly the result of an INFJ who avoided their Ti, and are scared to death of the rest of the Ti and Te in the world, so they make sure they surround themselves with people with even weaker abilities than they have. While most False Guru’s teachings are pretty benign, some of them are very dangerous (Google the word Breatharianism), and could lead to cults as well as very destructive behavior. There is also the breed of false gurus that are deliberately manipulating and lying to people, just so they can be validated and worshiped as a messiah. Watch out for them, they are nothing more than energy vampires feeding off the praise of the faithful. So the next time you hear a Guru trying to tell people about the world, you really need to think critically about what they are saying. Nature wouldn’t have given us judgment if we were not expected to use it.
    You didn’t really think I would have only good things to say about types of INFJs, right? Where light is cast, there will always be shadows. Don’t think for a second that just because Kiersey decided to call your kind “The Protectors”, it means you are all going to be a bunch of god damn do-gooders. Ni with Fe can give extremely powerful abilities, and with great power comes great responsibility. Sometimes this power falls into the wrong hands, and that is why there is a light and dark side to Ni.

    Fictional Examples: I got nothing.
    Real-Life Examples: Jazmuheen, Harley "[FONT=&quot]SwiftDeer[/FONT]" Reagan


    The Cobra:

    “OoOoOoOo, That’s a bingo!”

    INFJs are not necessarily only good for long-range planning and being a visionary. They can be pretty damn scary when using that Ni and Fe for manipulative purposes.
    The Cobra uses their Fe to be playful and seductive to get people to disarm and loosen up, all the while keeping a close Ni look on what is going on, drinking in as much information as possible with Se, and reserving their actions until their Ni tells them the perfect time to strike. And when they do, they go straight for the jugular. The name “Cobra” comes from the posture they sometimes take with their head upright and eyes narrowed, still, and looking straight forward onto their prey. Cobras make perfect secret agents and interrogators, which is why many of them are. They can read their subjects with uncanny accuracy and know just what to say and exactly how to act to get what they want out of anyone. Sometimes they can even get people to admit to crimes they didn’t even commit; luckily they know when they are lying too. Ever heard a person who could talk their way out being charged for murder? They were probably a Cobra INFJ. Don’t get charmed by the smile, watch the eyes, if you get strung along by their hypnotic Fe display, they fucking got you where they want you. All INFJs have a little bit of Cobra in them, what you do with it is entirely up to you. For the most part it is actually a defense mechanism, and they will embody the cobra for a quick escape when trouble arises.

    Fictional Examples: Col. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds), Jarlaxle Baenre (Forgotten Realms, The Dark Elf Saga), Bill (Kill Bill)
    Real-Life Examples: Bjork (Seriously.)


    The Gypsy King:

    The Gypsy King (or Queen) actually goes hand in hand with the Cobra, because they are really two sides of the same coin; the twin masters of INFJ trickery. However, the Gypsy uses their manipulation tactics for outright conning people. Now there seems to be an association with the ESTP and confidence artistry. I would say it is pretty undeserved; when it comes to manipulation, the sharky used car salesman ESTP, is child’s play when compared to the cunning foresight and hypnotic charm of the INFJ. The Gypsy King can figure a person out within seconds. A tattoo, a bruise, dark circles under the eyes, person looks down and to the left while talking, an expensive watch, tan lines on arms, all kinds of these random details that they take in through Se are their gateway into the minds of people, and then with a little speculation out of their Ni-Fe and Ti, they can have your whole life figured out within a blink of an eye, and know exactly how to approach you. Have you ever been to a psychic, who seemed to know everything about you? Things they couldn’t have possibly have known? Yeah, you just got INFJ’ed, Gypsy style. Conning people isn’t all malicious either, sometimes it is just good entertainment. That is why many of the Gypsy INFJs are Magicians; casting spells of perceptual redirection with displays of Fe and Se, to distract the audience in order to miss what is happening behind it all.

    Fictional Examples: Shawn Spencer (Psych)
    Real-Life Examples: John Edward, Criss Angel (MINDFREAK!!!111)

    The Revolutionary:

    “The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.”

    Fuck yeah! What would this guide be without the INFJ Revo-motherfucking-lutionary!? The Revolutionary aspect is to the INFJs, as Superman is to the Superfriends, INDESPENSIBLE! I mean, this isn’t even a face of the INFJ, this is the INFJ. The INTJs might have been nick named “The Mastermind”, but being a mastermind really comes from being an Ni dominant more than it does from being a Thinker. The INFJ Revolutionaries are masterminds in their own right, visionaries of the people. Literally beginning as children, INFJs go through life observing the world. The inner workings of society, human behavior, and natural law become clear to them through their observations and experience. Naturally, their Ni begins expanding as their worldview, and through it they acquire a future vision of what the world should be like. The world would be so much better if it worked the way it did in their Ni, but it doesn’t, and that just fucking pisses them off. This deep dissatisfaction for the world as it is now is what fuels the revolutionary fire that burns in the hearts of the INFJ. Because the solutions to all of the world’s problems are obvious, so obvious that it is maddening to think that they and a few others are the only people who can see it. This dissatisfaction for society creates a certain adversarial nature for the INFJ, it is them against the world. But no matter, if the world we live in sucks, just make a new one!

    Fictional Examples: V (V for Vendetta), Drizzt Do’Urden (Forgotten Realms, The Dark Elf Saga)
    Real-Life Examples: Che Guevara, Martin Luther King

    The Destroyer of worlds:

    “Why me, because it's my revenge on this robotic society, because someone has to do it.”

    The adversarial nature and discontent with society, is natural for the INFJs. However, at times, their adversarial worldview can become so strong that it turns to hatred, and the point of view that humans are just too stupid to live up to what they think they should live up to. The worse cases are when INFJs are also not in touch with their Fe. Their Ni will continue growing, and their Ti will make sense of it, but because they never get that push back for Fe, their worldview just becomes more and more detached and distorted from reality. This only perpetuates their hatred, because at the times they do try to articulate their distorted worldview, they are met with resistance from other people. Which leads them to a perspective that is no humans are worth saving, they are all just mindless idiots. Obviously these are very extreme cases, but make no mistake; they do exist, and have always existed. The Destroyers might even gain enough power to lead their own revolution, but it will be a revolution of hatred, destruction, and death. These kinds of INFJ also make some of the best villains in fiction, which everyone mistakes for INTJs on the forums. Apparently evil = T.

    Fictional Examples: The Joker (Batman), Rorschach (The Watchmen), Tyler Durden (Fight Club), Light Yagami (Deathnote)
    Real-Life Examples: GG Allin, Hitler (More controversy time!)

    The SP Wannabe:

    “Let me tell you a little something about the universe. Fuck you.”

    Nobody expects the SP wannabe! They are the face of INFJ that as soon as most people see, they automatically think “ESTP”. Little do they know there is a massive worldview and understanding of human kind and natural law behind that rough and tumble exterior. They are by in large the most in your face and Alpha Male/Female you can get with the INFJ breed. It is actually quite normal and even common for all personality types to have a fetishy relationship with their inferior function. For the INFJ, this fetish comes in the flavor of Se. They go out into the world, grab Se by the balls, and show the world who’s in charge. This is how they master their shadow, by fighting it head on becoming their Shadow’s master. Most if not all INFJs take on the aspect of the SP wannabe for at least brief periods of time. It could be through martial arts, racing, cooking, a good friend of mine does it through Hula Hooping. It is all a part of learning how to live in the now. Some INFJs take this fetish to a whole new level, almost fascinated with the sensations; Retelling stories emphasizing every gory detail they can remember in full detail.

    Fictional Examples: The Comedian (The Watchman)
    Real-Life Examples: Henry Rollins, GG Allin again.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Adymus, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    Synergos, Daustus, Asa and 8 others like this.
  2. Questingpoet

    Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Threads:
    222
    Messages:
    5,741
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    937
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Hey, thanks for this detailed post. I agree with much of what you say here. Some I do not. You have obviously given a great deal of thought to it all. Tonight is not a good night for me to go into detail, so I'll just say nice work! I will say though that I love you references to The Forgotten Realms and The Watchmen! Drizzt Do’Urden is not only bad, he's super bad!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,159
    Likes Received:
    1,279
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    Great post. I am not gonna lie, some of this did rub me the wrong way. I think thats simply because you are very much an INTP, and the Ti/Ne combo (any order so generally xNTP) drives me batty in it's pure form. Nevertheless, I like the distinctions you have made here between types. I am also very much for determining peoples type based off cognitive functions as they tell the story more. It would be cool if you can in some way include the shadow functions, but for this that would be hard to do. I am an advocate for the shadow functions because I feel like they "fine tune" peoples personalites. These being core features though, would be based off the main functions. Quanitating that here though, would be hard to do.

    If I were to put myself into any of these, I think professor would be the best fit (and not just because I am a chemistry major who wants to work in acedemia when I am done school). I think all INFJ's could fit into several of these in some way. I in some ways fit into cobra/gypsyking, but I never have dark intentions (but I oh so have the potential to go that way if I truly were evil).

    A few things I do disgaree with though, are the people. First there is no way Sasha Baron Cohen is an INFJ, not a chance in hell. I don't know of him well enough (mostly because his personas in movies is stomach turning to me in every way possible, I dont look at him), to guess his type, but I am inclined to say ESTP actually, at the very least a T type. He is not a feeler, and certainly not an Fe user. I don't agree with Bjork either. She is an xSFP without a doubt (slight lean to E). The Joker; no, no, and NO. The joker is one of the best glowing examples imaginable of a dark ENTP. He oozes, breathes, and lives an ENTP to his absoulte core. The rest either I agree with, or I don't know.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    Adymus

    Adymus Community Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    Threads:
    2
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Curious, what specifically about the Ti-Ne form drives you batty? I'd like to hear the criticism so I could calibrate my approach in the future.

    I did not include the Shadow functions, because the shadow functions are irrelevant. We actually have no conscious control over the bottom 4 functions, and they are thus never used in the same way our conscious top four functions are. I know you and probably this entire forum will disagree with that, considering most of you seem to think you use Si as an Auxiliary. Although, this discussion might be better suited for a different thread.

    In Sasha Baron Cohen's his work, he is always in control of what is happening, he actually directs people into doing and saying things, without them even knowing they are being directed. All of his work is actually social commentary, he makes people reveal themselves, and show the world just how ugly they are. He provokes parts of the US and England to show on camera just how racist, or bigoted they actually are. What he does is actually very revolutionary. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear this, but Sasha Baron Cohen is very much an INFJ. You are eventually going to have to accept the fact that you are not going to like every INFJ you see, some of them will make you cringe, I assure you.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. myself

    myself Permanent Fixture

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Threads:
    106
    Messages:
    1,281
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    372
    Trophy Points:
    642
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    the guru
    revolutionary
    sp wannabe

    i can identify with these sub types... spot on

    great post
    and a really fun read

    i can see how sasha could be infj
    because i can see how i could do what he does, if i wanted to

    wouldnt be really surprised if bjork was infj

    Adymus, thanks again for starting this thread

    i like the way you write
     
  6. dark_angel

    dark_angel Community Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    718
    Likes Received:
    96
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    excellent thread - many of it rang true for me in different times of my life and different scenarios
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Ria

    Ria Snow White over the ocean

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    Threads:
    48
    Messages:
    2,881
    Likes Received:
    606
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ.
    Enneagram:
    4 x 6 (I think).
    Amazing and Oh, could I relate to SO much of this. Its like you have come here at just the right time too. Thanks for your great post.
     
  8. Poetic Justice

    Donor

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    Threads:
    70
    Messages:
    2,916
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    552
    Trophy Points:
    657
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5
    Well done, this is excellent

    I'm the academic and the SP wannabe with a few aspect of all the others
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,159
    Likes Received:
    1,279
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    It's nothing that you do BAD, please don't think that. It's a personal flaw of mine really. NTP's have this extremely logical linear detailed way of thinking (Ti), but at the same time it is very divergent and all inclusive and in a round about way not pinned down (Ne). When both are used in pratice well, its damn near impossible to derail it. Moreso if the NTP has gone after it with the intention of looking for someone to prove them wrong. Because my way of thinking is rather convergent (Ni) and cold logic overload just irratates me because I tend to prefer assumptions (Fe). Some bit of irony Ti and Fe both make assumptions, just at different ends of the spectrum so both tend to dislike each other assumptions.

    Shadow functions irrelvent? You will be very very hard pressed to convince me of that one. They are indeed used in totally different ways from our main functions, but they aren't out of control from us. We just can't use them at full capacity at all times without wearing us out, or it being unhealthy in some way. I digress; this is another discussion, and I have a feeling it would get extremly long :tongue1:

    I don't know much about cohen outside of a few movies he has done, and I am largely going by the photographs I have seen of him. In reality I shouldn't make a judgement call here. I still don't feel he is an INFJ, but I will agree some of his intentions can seem INFJ like, but I would chalk that up to ENFP more then anything if you ask me. That being said, I absoultly hate his methods at what he is trying to do. It's horridly crude, mean, unfair to both sides he is trying to address. He is creating discord, and I absoutely detest discord.

    Also, trust me, I don't like every INFJ I come across, believe you me :).
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. OP
    Adymus

    Adymus Community Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    Threads:
    2
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Wanna hear something kind of funny? Some of the INTPs on INTPforum tell me that they don't like my style of speaking, because it is not deductive enough, or it lacks linear reasoning. It's like my Fe is too much for normal INTPs, but still not enough for INFJs. To be honest with you, I often get annoyed with my own kind as well. Because of fact that Ti is first, things have to make sense before they can begin to recognize them. Reality does not work that way, not everything makes sense right of the bat, sometimes you have to experience it first, and then make sense of it later. It is very infuriating to explain to an INTP that something works a certain way, and have them say "But how do you know?" to which I reply "Because I can physically see it working that way, and you would too if you just looked"

    Okay Shadow functions are not irrelevant in a grand sense, they do effect our psyche, but not even close to the same way our top four functions do. And are irrelevant when actually analyzing how a person is using their Functions in real time. Arrgg, sorry, I'm the one who said let's not get into this, so I'll stop there.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. futuresound7

    Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    Threads:
    11
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    hahah hilarious post ! : D There is some good points everywhere spiced with witty
    humour. It's good that someone have the nerve to create something like this.
    You have profound touch of the nature of INFJ'ness. I found parts of myself in almost
    every subtype, The Guru, The Revolutionary and The SP wannabe resonated with
    me the most.

    There were also some cogent descriptions of INFJ's under the shadow:
    The Cobra and The Destroyer of The Worlds

    Few twisted and gone wrong types:
    The False Guru and The Gypsy King

    And some weirdos like:
    The Method Actor and The SP wannabe

    I liked it.

    EDIT: Shasha Baron Cohen is definitely not an INFJ, I would type him as
    somekind of ExxP maybe ENFP
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #11 futuresound7, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  12. VH

    VH Variable Hybrid

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Threads:
    252
    Messages:
    4,837
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    844
    Trophy Points:
    657
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    You have a very typically Ne inaccurate grasp of what makes up personality type.

     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #12 VH, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    IndigoSensor likes this.
  13. VH

    VH Variable Hybrid

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Threads:
    252
    Messages:
    4,837
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    844
    Trophy Points:
    657
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    ENTP
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. acd

    acd Well-known member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    Threads:
    133
    Messages:
    12,709
    Featured Threads:
    8
    Likes Received:
    16,288
    Trophy Points:
    1,227
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Bjork is infp.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #14 acd, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  15. OP
    Adymus

    Adymus Community Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2010
    Threads:
    2
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTP
    And you have a typically Ni stubborn reluctance to consider anything outside of your own paradigm. I figured I might get resistance out of you more than anyone, considering you are the MBTI Guru around here and I am treading on your territory. Dude, really? You are taking the revolutionary away!? Wow Nobleheart, just wow. That is by far the most accurate and most important one. The Revolutionary is the standard far more than the Academic is. Especially if that Academic is also a revolutionary.

    I'm confident with every example I gave, the fictional ones are not too important, but the theory behind it is solid, and I'm not changing any of it just because you can't see it. Unless of course you can show me otherwise, without just saying "WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!"
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #15 Adymus, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    TaylorS likes this.
  16. TaylorS

    TaylorS Community Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    247
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I'm clearly an academic revolutionary guru! :D
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. mooseman

    mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Threads:
    18
    Messages:
    880
    Likes Received:
    100
    Trophy Points:
    175
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    Richard Alpert? :)
     
    TaylorS likes this.
  18. Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    546
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    Fascinating post. Now just let me know when you figure my type out.

    And thank you! It's so hard to get people to accept Light Yagami as an INFJ. I relate to him in so many ways. His desire to do good by becoming something akin to the Antichrist is one of my darker fantasies.

    Pegged.
     
  19. WellNoWonder

    WellNoWonder Peace Through Action

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2009
    Threads:
    67
    Messages:
    1,113
    Likes Received:
    205
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    The Method Actor Guru. Totally me....
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. sassafras

    sassafras Well-known member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    Threads:
    173
    Messages:
    13,592
    Featured Threads:
    5
    Likes Received:
    35,983
    Trophy Points:
    1,876
    MBTI:
    .
    I don't relate to any of these. Although the "Cobra" sounds like something dangerously tempting, it isn't something I think I could pull off convincingly. At the core, I'm too damn nice.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Loading...

Share This Page