Mormon missionaries are coming to my house on tuesday | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Mormon missionaries are coming to my house on tuesday

Well were you aware that the catholics CALLED the Mormons and asked them to fund the proposition 8 thing and then copped out last minute, leaving the blame on the Mormons?

Eh? I would have to see the evidence for that.

ask them if they believe the bible.

if so ask them to read galatians 1:6-9, most importantly verse 8.

then ask them who gave them the book of mormon.

Yes the male missionaries are not alowed to be alone with the lady(s) od the house. Not even me lolz.

Yes the male missionaries are not alowed to be alone with the lady(s) od the house. Not even me lolz.

Why is that? Does anyone know?

That has something to so with olde world chivalry. And only doing usiness with the man of thehouse. I think. I'll find out the real reason.

Most likely they will have boring pre-rehearsed answers to all possible questions. I don't think they will be willing to freestyle a lot. I think you should invite them to watch that episode of South Park!

Gender rules, they consider any sort of action that might make them sexual impure to be avoided. They supposedly see it as a matter of respect and to keep them in the duty of God, that is why when they go on mission they group them in male/female pairs. At least what I have heard from them...

Most likely they will have boring pre-rehearsed answers to all possible questions. I don't think they will be willing to freestyle a lot. I think you should invite them to watch that episode of South Park!
I'M sure they do that's why we come up with obscure questions!!

it's for safety, hard to be accused or do something immoral when there's another guy right there, little less your father.

it's for safety, hard to be accused or do something immoral when there's another guy right there, little less your father.

are you saying this is to prevent the missionaries from being tempted to having sex with the females present? What if the only guy there is gay and ends up not caring at all anyway?

I'M sure they do that's why we come up with obscure questions!!

I actually think they are extremely used to people coming up with all sorts of difficult questons that try to point out flaws and contradictions in their religion. I think they got it all covered.

Better maybe to be friendly to them and try to show them that you are not the devil just because you don't read their books. I'm sure Slant will do just that anyway, of course!

I've had alot of these little get togethers and they get stumped. Also they only spend a few months in the missionary training center before they are "deployed"

are you saying this is to prevent the missionaries from being tempted to having sex with the females present? What if the only guy there is gay and ends up not caring at all anyway?

they'll likely come in pairs, so as one can protect the other from themselves.

The one time I was visited by Mormon missionaries, I treated them to a monologue on the mathematics of quantum physics, and how this might or might not relate to theology. They listened politely for about five minutes without the slightest betrayal that they thought I was obviously deranged or demented. They've never returned. I must have an X next to my name and address on their list of potential converts.

I'd love to hear a group of Moonies and Mormons argue it out.

Reactions: corvidae
Ask them what they think of this video;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1jVO3-OE&feature=related"]YouTube- Banned Mormon Cartoon[/ame]

^ That cartoon started out like the story of superman

Ask them if they are aware of other cultures around the world......

........then ask them if they are aware of the fact that religion takes an infinate number of different forms around the world and that what religion most people subscribe to is an accident of birth.

Also ask them what will happen to the souls of the 7 billion people around the world who have never even heard of Mormonism? Perhaps adding that isn't it strange that god in his infinate wisdom has only chosen to reveal the real truth to such a small number of select people and what is the purpose in this rather random and pointless act?

With these points in mind, ask them if they think that trying to convert people by knocking on some doors in the US is not equivalent to pissing in the wind and put it to them that they are not really on a genuine mission to save souls but rather a cynical exercise in extending the influence of their own insignificant organisation.

If they haven't considered this, perhaps you could urge them to

Last edited: