Mormon missionaries are coming to my house on tuesday | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Mormon missionaries are coming to my house on tuesday

Geez...the Black "son of Ham" thing. Ask them why they didn't want Blacks as members before the 1980s.

Also, ask them if they still wear that weird underwear/shift thing that they can never remove.

Is God alive?- Yes
Is God immortal?- Yes
Is God omniscient?- Yes
Is God omnipotent?- Yes
If they answer yes to all of these, which any Christian will do, proceed to ask:

Do you agree that something must be experienced in order to gain knowledge of it?- Yes

You agreed earlier that God is omniscient, so God must know what death is like?- Yes
You agreed earlier that God is omnipotent, so God must have the ability to terminate it's immortality and subject itself to death?- Dunno what they'll say, but they either say yes or deny God's omnipotence.
You also agreed that something must be experienced in order to be known, so you have agreed that God either has subjected itself to death and is not immortal or that God is not omniscient because God doesn't know death.

Anyway, I'm guessing that you get the general idea of where this is going at this point. Ideally, you want them to say something that makes God temporal and/or subject to death, then ask them why anyone would want to worship a dead God. You have a lot of guts if you actually pull off this line of questioning though (you might want to reword it all- ask at your own risk).

Geez...the Black "son of Ham" thing. Ask them why they didn't want Blacks as members before the 1980s.

Also, ask them if they still wear that weird underwear/shift thing that they can never remove.

They do still wearthem and they are called garments. The reomove the and have several pairs. They can only be touched by the wearer though and I think you only get them if you are temple worthy.

Sheesh, you might want to ask them if they'd mind if you played Megadeath or something while they're there.

Ask if they'd like some whiskey, offer them a joint or indulge youself and enjoy the reactions :D

Is God alive?- Yes
Is God immortal?- Yes
Is God omniscient?- Yes
Is God omnipotent?- Yes
If they answer yes to all of these, which any Christian will do, proceed to ask:

Do you agree that something must be experienced in order to gain knowledge of it?- Yes

You agreed earlier that God is omniscient, so God must know what death is like?- Yes
You agreed earlier that God is omnipotent, so God must have the ability to terminate it's immortality and subject itself to death?- Dunno what they'll say, but they either say yes or deny God's omnipotence.
You also agreed that something must be experienced in order to be known, so you have agreed that God either has subjected itself to death and is not immortal or that God is not omniscient because God doesn't know death.

Anyway, I'm guessing that you get the general idea of where this is going at this point. Ideally, you want them to say something that makes God temporal and/or subject to death, then ask them why anyone would want to worship a dead God. You have a lot of guts if you actually pull off this line of questioning though (you might want to reword it all- ask at your own risk).

Thats not a real good thing to ask a evangelical christian. unless you really are curious, Christianity in even a broad sense is based around the death and ressurection of our God.

Thats not a real good thing to ask a evangelical christian. unless you really are curious, Christianity in even a broad sense is based around the death and ressurection of our God.

So God is synonymous with Jesus then? That will raise even more problems.

Proselytizing is a holy task for any evangelical. They can become emotional and irrational and may trigger emotional and irrational reactions. I highly recommend that you not be home when they come by or, better, to politely ask them to go away, unless you think you want to join up. (it is always nice to belong)

I gotta say that Mormon bashing can be amusing at times. Growing up one was no fun when you would talk to non members. I would hear stories about orgies and all kinds of funny shit. The questions I would get would blow me away! I chase them off now I already heard the message. I do not go to church because of the members that I watched screw other members over. Organized religion can become such a drag. Not everyone is alike. My best advice is to avoid them and live your own life. God wants you no matter who you are. Or what you have done. Claiming you are the one true anything is bullshit and I don't believe it....

Also ask them what will happen to the souls of the 7 billion people around the world who have never even heard of Mormonism?

The mormons are unique in believing in different levels of hell as well as limbo. If they were not 'sinners' they would not go to hell they would go to the telestial kingdom. Even if they were a sinner they could repent and go to the telestial kingdom at any time.

be home, serve cookies

The mormons are unique in believing in different levels of hell as well as limbo. If they were not 'sinners' they would not go to hell they would go to the telestial kingdom. Even if they were a sinner they could repent and go to the telestial kingdom at any time.

You are going to make a great Mormon!

why would the jews kill Jesus?

I never said they would, and I don't know that they did either. I thought the Romans executed Jesus? Anyway, it is irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.

I would argue that Christians, if they really are Christians, do not believe in death. Neither do Muslims, Jews, or anyone who believes in an immoral personal soul that survives the destruction of the body. Because if something continues on, then that doesn't technically experience death, which is the cessation of the personal self.

So, if Jesus was resurrected, then he did not really die because in order to have a resurrection, a soul must exist, and if souls exist, then death does not.

So i can do whatever i like and i won't go to hell? Thats win/win, where do i sign?

Sheesh, you might want to ask them if they'd mind if you played Megadeath or something while they're there.

Ask if they'd like some whiskey, offer them a joint or indulge youself and enjoy the reactions :D

LOL subtle I like it.

Reactions: Ria
Most likely they will have boring pre-rehearsed answers to all possible questions. I don't think they will be willing to freestyle a lot.

Don't underestimate missionaries they can be great salesman.
:msith:

I came home between classes the other day and there were two guys in my living room whom I'd never met before. My brother had excused himself to the restroom and just left them in there alone.

They tried to ask me if I knew where I was going, and I told them I was going into my room. So I did, and then I locked the door.

Oh, how this relates: they were Mormons. They'd apparently come before, and my brother blew them off by saying he was getting ready to go to work. So they asked him what a better time would be, so he told them, and they came back. And he let them in.

And they did talk like they had memorized a script. The only part I really listened to, though, was the part during which they were reasoning that if there are two contradictory statements that one of them must be true. They attempted to use that bit of logic to prove that there must be a God and that my brother should buy the Book of Mormon. I wanted to tell them how great a fallacy in reasoning they had made and ask them who told them to say that and even if they understood it themselves, but I think that one of the best pieces of advice in life is to never provoke a door-to-door Mormon.

And, also, if they find it satisfying to believe in that way, who am I to provoke an existential crisis?

I personally find it really shitty if people come to your door asking to tell about their religion and you can't ask any pressing questions.

If Shai Gar came to my door trying to talk about his religion I'd have some serious questions and I would grill him to a pulp and expect him to withstand it.

Point stated.

I personally find it really shitty if people come to your door asking to tell about their religion and you can't ask any pressing questions.

If Shai Gar came to my door trying to talk about his religion I'd have some serious questions and I would grill him to a pulp and expect him to withstand it.

Point stated.

You seem like you might be braver than I am. If I could go back, I think I would question their reasoning more and try to figure out how much of it is really their own vs. what someone just told them to say (blind faith really, really bothers me), but I just didn't want to offend them.

Anyway, I'm being redundant. What I mean to say is that you should question those sorts of things. Because I would be interested in hearing their responses.