MEN: What physical qualities of other males are you attracted to? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

MEN: What physical qualities of other males are you attracted to?

So that does change everything. So basically I like "menacing". But not just any kind of menacing. It does have to feel like more of a cerebral menacing for me. Look again at that picture of Les Claypool I posted. That is thick syrupy menacing. Same goes for Sephiroth. As far as Final Fantasy goes, I'm more smitten with characters like Squall from Final Fantasy 8, but Sephiroth is shakingly cool. It's as though he were constantly saying, "I get it, I see right through all of it, and am equipped to approach it detached and skillfully." Sephiroth is like that, he is a soldier that is better than all of the others, but he doesn't care, and even hates all of it and will use that "better" that he has to go about it in his own menacing and clear way. His reasons are cerebral and independent, and he goes about them unafraid of becoming vulnerable. A true badass is lit on fire for his own basic conviction, and then goes about it with a cool head...

I'm giving up for the night. :)

The confusion and the error is my own, I started out with "physical qualities", then as we talked it out, it went beyond that. But, basically everything Gloomy said is what I was trying to get at. (Chris Farley as Spiderman...)?? Hmm...you guys have started something now. Maybe we should start a thread on certain people playing superhero roles in movies, that could be fun. Anyway, if anymore of you males happen to stumble across some hidden, deep admiration for a male character/celebrity/whatever, post here. :)

Someone can see a girl as lovely without being sexually attracted to her at all, because girls have delicate curves and a certain softness to them; it's aesthetically appealing.

Is it? Some people find athletic or skinny women (square and harder edges instead of curves) to be aesthetically appealing. You can determine how close they come to some socially agreed upon archetype but whether you're attracted to that particular archetype is entirely subjective.

I just can't get my head around anything other than knowing what's attractive by going by what you find attractive.

"This chair is attractive but I'm not attracted to it" makes absolutely no sense to me.

Do they really mean "This chair is deemed attractive by society but I'm not attracted to it"?

So that does change everything. So basically I like "menacing". But not just any kind of menacing. It does have to feel like more of a cerebral menacing for me. Look again at that picture of Les Claypool I posted. That is thick syrupy menacing. Same goes for Sephiroth. As far as Final Fantasy goes, I'm more smitten with characters like Squall from Final Fantasy 8, but Sephiroth is shakingly cool. It's as though he were constantly saying, "I get it, I see right through all of it, and am equipped to approach it detached and skillfully." Sephiroth is like that, he is a soldier that is better than all of the others, but he doesn't care, and even hates all of it and will use that "better" that he has to go about it in his own menacing and clear way. His reasons are cerebral and independent, and he goes about them unafraid of becoming vulnerable. A true badass is lit on fire for his own basic conviction, and then goes about it with a cool head...

Yes, your descriptions are basically what I was looking for. But let me ask you, if Sephiroth took on the essence of Chris Farley, would he be as menacing? :) That's the only point I was trying to make below.

I just can't get my head around anything other than knowing what's attractive by going by what you find attractive.
"This chair is attractive but I'm not attracted to it" makes absolutely no sense to me.
Do they really mean "This chair is deemed attractive by society but I'm not attracted to it"?

You're giving my head an ache. :) Just have fun with it. There are different levels and types of attraction. Just whatever is appealing to YOU, post. And if there's not anything, then don't. Very simple.

"Menacing" is still more of a character trait than a physical trait I reckon.

"Menacing" is still more of a character trait than a physical trait I reckon.

Um, I disagree.... Now excuse me, I must go vomit, this picture so disturbs me, the whole scene for that matter.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
20070125017.jpg

Is it? Some people find athletic or skinny women (square and harder edges instead of curves) to be aesthetically appealing. You can determine how close they come to some socially agreed upon archetype but whether you're attracted to that particular archetype is entirely subjective.

Well, that's the question; what type of things do YOU find appealing? For instance, I find this to be very lovely: http://muszka.deviantart.com/art/back-of-your-head-131096396
Long necks, shapely shoulders, big eyes; I appreciate that in a female, as a personal preference.
Doesn't mean I'm sexually attracted to her.

Look at it this way: "This chair has a nice design, but I'm not inclined to want to make sweet love to it."

Indy, what physical qualities of women are you attracted to?

I think women who have an ethereal, angelic air and appereance to them to be very attractive looking. Long hair, soft but angular facial features, tall, thin but not skin and bones. Kind eyes. Anything about there appereance that makes them stand out.

God, this makes me realise how much I look for anything that stands out and look/feels different from the norm in EVERYTHING.

Someone who I think is beautiful, Loreena Mckennitt:

Loreena.jpg

loreena-mckennitt.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, your descriptions are basically what I was looking for. But let me ask you, if Sephiroth took on the essence of Chris Farley, would he be as menacing? :) That's the only point I was trying to make below.
Well, I want to say that I don't think it's necessary to have physical traits make up a vital part of the cool/attractive kind of "menacing" that I have described, but, maybe it'd be harder than I'm thinking. I think that Chris Farley could display Sephiroth-like "menacing", but maybe there are physical traits that just sort of turn up the volume slightly.

Hmm, I can picture Chris Farley displaying the menacing feeling of Sephiroth like as part of a skit, all the while with the undertone of making Sephiroth's style or reasons seem like a hilarious joke, which doesn't really detract from the coolness of Chris Farley. Chris Farley has his own kind of coolness that comes from a hilarious sort of innocent phase of being overly confident. But I think it's possible.

Well, that's the question; what type of things do YOU find appealing? For instance, I find this to be very lovely: http://muszka.deviantart.com/art/back-of-your-head-131096396
Long necks, shapely shoulders, big eyes; I appreciate that in a female, as a personal preference.
Doesn't mean I'm sexually attracted to her.

Look at it this way: "This chair has a nice design, but I'm not inclined to want to make sweet love to it."

Physically I am drawn to very feminine features but on a man these things almost always just look terribly wrong. I have never seen a man that has made me want to look twice, whereas some women have me completely transfixed.

I don't know if this helps but, for me, Bruce Lee was a massive influence on the development of my masculinity as it is today.

Physically he was incredible. I could stare at his physique all day. His python lats' and massive forearms were just amazing for such a small person. But I am not sexually attracted to him, I like girls. Physically he was almost...impossible.

In terms of his attitude, he demonstrated humility. He was reserved and respectful. His characters were even naive and idiotic in his "comic" roles. It was like, on the surface he was a clumsy person ripe for bullying but once you step over the line you will be pleasantly surprised by the way I shove your head up your ass.

So I admired him because he was an alternative representation of a "bad ass", as opposed to Bruce willis, Arnie or Sly. He brought the philosophy with him.

Being an INFJ I feel I can have quite, "feminine" traits, emotionally anyway. He was what made me take up my training and I really discovered my testosterone, if you like, at about age 16. Although I rarely think about him now he was a massive influence among others.

^^ That's the type of analysis we're looking for, I think :)

Physically, I am drawn to the their accent and their hair (and ofc the eyes)!!! I like it when the hair is longer and/or wild, similar to that of the 'beatles haircut'. Either straight and curly is absolutely AWE! ^^

The Olympia judges beg to differ! :m141:

But okay, I acknowledge that my aesthetics probably do not match those of women, since there is nothing sexual about my "attraction."

I will admit it's probably me though. I tend only like guys who are a little less "manly". Think young Leonard Decapro or something.

I gotta say when I've been to the beach I've had a look at some of the guys amongst all the women I can't stop glancing at.

Mainly it's the chest/shoulders.

I think women who have an ethereal, angelic air and appereance to them to be very attractive looking. Long hair, soft but angular facial features, tall, thin but not skin and bones. Kind eyes. Anything about there appereance that makes them stand out.

God, this makes me realise how much I look for anything that stands out and look/feels different from the norm in EVERYTHING.

Someone who I think is beautiful, Loreena Mckennitt:

Loreena.jpg

loreena-mckennitt.jpg

Loreena Mckennitt! i love her music!

taken that into account Indigo, do you also find Meryl Streep beautiful along the same lines?