MEN: What physical qualities of other males are you attracted to? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

MEN: What physical qualities of other males are you attracted to?

Men size each other up. They look for the bigger dude and wonder if they can take him down in a fight. And that's how they gauge each other.

My husband has said exactly those words.

I know men don't look at each other for the most part and admire one another - or get jealous of musculature. Or if they do, I've not heard them admit it out loud.

Maybe I'm not explaining it right... It's not a jealousy thing for my husband, it's more that he thinks certain characters are "badass" and certain qualities (like strength, speed, etc) are cool. I say characters because I've never seen him react that way to anyone in real life I don't think.
And even though he doesn't say it, when he says things like: "Did you see what that guy just did? That's hardcore"... you can see the admiration or whatever you men want to call it.

Wow, you got married young.

Maybe I'm not explaining it right... It's not a jealousy thing for my husband, it's more that he thinks certain characters are "badass" and certain qualities (like strength, speed, etc) are cool. I say characters because I've never seen him react that way to anyone in real life I don't think.
And even though he doesn't say it, when he says things like: "Did you see what that guy just did? That's hardcore"... you can see the admiration or whatever you men want to call it.

I can understand admiration for what someone did but not for what they are. I think Batman is badass but not because I like the way Bruce Wayne looks but because I like what Batman does and how he does it.

Wow, you got married young.

Probably younger than you think... I was 21, it's been 5 years. It's not wise to marry so young, definitely not something I recommend doing, but also not something I regret.

Anyway, back to topic. Thanks all who have responded so far, my curiosity still has not been satiated though.

But, I have noticed a common denominator with specifically male gamers... they all really like Sephiroth from FFVII, can someone please explain this to me? It seems like everytime I turn around, somebody is "obsessing" over Sephiroth. SH, I know you love video games, so I'm hoping you'll help out here.

I never cared for Final Fantasy pre FFX incidentally I'm not a huge RPG fan in general. Also Sephiroph looks like a big girl with a sword.
sephiroth.jpg

I always assumed it was chicks whom were obsessed with him, and males who liked Cloud.

Last edited:
I can understand admiration for what someone did but not for what they are. I think Batman is badass but not because I like the way Bruce Wayne looks but because I like what Batman does and how he does it.

I was thinking it's not necessarily one or the other, but a combination of both. Would you be as impressed with Batman if he was played by say, Chris Farely or Jack Black? Or would Keyser S

I have a thing for lanky guys. o_O

My friends tease me about it, but I'm pretty delicate, so I don't wanna be squished if he hugs me.

I never cared for Final Fantasy pre FFX incidentally I'm not a huge RPG fan in general. Also Sephiroph looks like a big girl with a sword. I always assumed it was chicks whom were obsessed with him, and males who liked Cloud.

LOL. Damn, I was hoping you'd enlighten me.

I'm gay so I am attracted to men

I like masculine men. If they guy is middle eastern, there is a very strong chance I will like them. The more muscles, the better (yes I am attracted to bodybuilder types). I also like very tall guys, or very short guys. I have learned that I am attracted to men who have something unique about their apperance. The face is very important to me. If I am not attracted to someone face, I don't care how everything else looks, I won't be interested. I also like very hairy guys, big turn on. Big hands and big feet are also a big turn on.

This isnt all that I go for, but it is just one section. It's very hard to explain what I am attracted to. It's very inate and I just say that I do or I don't.

Here is two examples of guys I find very attractive.
Example person 1: one (the person on the left), two , three, four, five. (cringe if you want, I find this guy really hot)

Example person 2: One, two, three, four, five. (droooooooooooooooool)

I was thinking it's not necessarily one or the other, but a combination of both. Would you be as impressed with Batman if he was played by say, Chris Farely or Jack Black?.

lol I think you're missing the point, we'd be impressed with the character Batman, because the character is awesome. We'd hate the movie and the casting choices because they'd be ill suited for the character they'd be chosen to portray, that doesn't mean we don't like Jack Black or Chris Farley or even feel that they aren't impressive in there own ways, we just feel they'd be ill suited for the roles, it'd be nothing personal also God rest Chris Farely's soul.

I think it's all about style. The guy could look like Chris Farley but if he plays it cool enough, he's badass. It's not about looks for guys for the most part, I don't think...I think it's more like how they come off. It's the Cool Dude factor. It's the, Yippee-Ti-Yi-Yay, MF'er factor.

In short...pure testosterone.

It's why they love cool cars and fast women. Or is that the other way around...or both?

Last edited:
I was thinking it's not necessarily one or the other, but a combination of both. Would you be as impressed with Batman if he was played by say, Chris Farely or Jack Black?

Are you serious? that's even more badass! :D Haha but I am _SFP.

Everyone loves an underdog, it's like Yoda is badass but he's is an ugly and frail little hobbit, that contrast kind of makes him even more badass.

Neo too from the matrix, he was just an average skinny dude, but that made it even more awesome, when he beat the agents at the end.

Indy, what physical qualities of women are you attracted to?

Look at it from an artistic point of view.

Someone can see a girl as lovely without being sexually attracted to her at all, because girls have delicate curves and a certain softness to them; it's aesthetically appealing.

Likewise, there are men that have a certain strength, a presence to them maybe, or perhaps certain qualities that could otherwise be admired.

So, what sort of image do you admire or respect in other guys? What sort of style do you like, and why do you like it? Certainly there are aspects about other males that could be respected or admired in a totally heterosexual way.

And because I had to:

[youtube]lL4L4Uv5rf0[/youtube]

Reactions: Black Swan
Are you serious? that's even more badass! :D Haha but I am _SFP.

Everyone loves an underdog, it's like Yoda is badass but he's is an ugly and frail little hobbit, that contrast kind of makes him even more badass.

Neo too from the matrix, he was just an average skinny dude, but that made it even more awesome, when he beat the agents at the end.

ROFL. :doh: I totally agree with 99% of what you just said (except the batman comment, sorry, Chris Farley could never be batman in my eyes). I think I was just sadly mistaken or totally miscommunicating. But that's why I did the Batman/Soze analogy (although I'd think Batman's overall image was more balanced than Soze). Yoda wasn't just the unlikely badass, he was also wise and calm. Neo wasn't just the average skinny dude, he had potential to be "the one", and he was also sleek and pretty darn attractive. I always kind of thought it was a package deal, the overall image of the character that was appealing. Not specifically looks or personality.

Robots can be baddass too, you attracted to them?

Optimus+Prime+-+Transformers+2.jpg

Robots and I are attempting to procreate.

I would like to be Gackt, not because I like him but because the women that I'm in love with is in love with this guy. I like his songs too;)