MEN: What physical qualities of other males are you attracted to? | INFJ Forum

MEN: What physical qualities of other males are you attracted to?

Black Swan

Community Member
Sep 28, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
I'm curious to know what guys find attractive about other guys. This is a question for all males regardless of sexual orientation. I'm just curious, because I know many women don't have problems pointing out other attractive women and their qualities, but I don't often hear/see men do the same thing.

Are their certain celebrity males you find attractive, certain facial features, certain body types, etc. Is there someone you have in mind that you think is the physical epitome of the "perfect man"?

Last edited:
Define attracted.

I'm pretty open minded, that being said the only male I've been attracted to was the one I look at in the mirror.

I like quirky things that somehow fit.

Aka once liked a guy with two moles on his cheeks---perfectly symmetrical. It was odd, but somehow worked.
Also liked a guy with a patch of grey hair in the front of his hair.
I love guys who look good in glasses (i.e. the guy in the transitions lens commercial...the nature photographer? Oh just yum)
Those are my constants but then there are other things that shock me that I am attracted to them.

I dont really feel any attraction to other males, I look at them and all I see is utility... or ugliness.

Somebody can have attractive qualities without you necessarily being attracted to them in some sexual or physical way.

For example, I know my husband would like to have the body of King Leonidas from 300. He's not necessarily attracted to the guy, but he ADMIRES the fact that the guy is friggin' ripped. Maybe "admire" would be a better way to describe it than "attracted". Does that answer your question Quinlan?

Last edited:
Somebody can have attractive qualities without you necessarily being attracted to them in some sexual or physical way.

For example, I know my husband would like to have the body of King Leonidas from 300. He's not necessarily attracted to the guy, but he ADMIRES the fact that the guy is friggin' ripped. Maybe "admire" would be a better way to describe it than "attracted". Does that answer your question Quinlan?

I feel unmoved by muscley guys, if I want muscle I want my own, I just want to be me, I don't understand wanting other's body parts.

The thing is, when a woman says "she is attractive, but I'm not attracted to her" then she is not speaking for herself, who is she speaking for, the majority?

Attraction for me, being drawn to women, their allure is such an obvious and powerful thing I can't consider attractiveness to be anything other than that.

I have always wanted to understand this because people insist I must know what is attractive about someone that I don't find attractive but the whole thing depends on their being some kind of objective attractiveness that I don't think exists.

Perhaps it is insecurity but I can't see that in myself in this regard.

Gender bias aside, I think this is one way women and men might see the differences between their genders. One man told it to me this way: Men size each other up. They look for the bigger dude and wonder if they can take him down in a fight. And that's how they gauge each other.

In other words...

Gorilla warfare! :D :mhula:

I have no idea if that's true, though. I know men don't look at each other for the most part and admire one another - or get jealous of musculature. Or if they do, I've not heard them admit it out loud.

Gender bias aside, I think this is one way women and men might see the differences between their genders. One man told it to me this way: Men size each other up. They look for the bigger dude and wonder if they can take him down in a fight. And that's how they gauge each other.

In other words...

I relate to that much more than "Oh look at those biceps, I wish I had biceps like that, I bet all the women love those!" is pathetic talk from either gender.

In other words...

I have no idea if that's true, though. I know men don't look at each other for the most part and admire one another - or get jealous of musculature. Or if they do, I've not heard them admit it out loud.

Thats a fair point, I def size other guys up when i walk into a room with other males.

Call me weird, but I do admire well-proportioned male physiques and faces. Muscle definition is good, but it's about relative size, not just size. Arnold Schwarzenegger was more or less perfect, for example.
I probably pay the most attention to the upper back and shoulders, and the shoulder-waist-hip ratios. The precise ideals are awfully difficult to identify, so I'll have to post pics for the moment:

Ahnold in his prime:

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_402.jpg

Bruce Lee was great, too:

bruce-lee.gif

See those pictures repulse me somewhat, like you can see their insides.

See those pictures repulse me somewhat, like you can see their insides.

With higher fat percentages, would they still? I can see how a "smoother" look might be preferable.

I hate overly muscular guys. I agree with Quilan those pictures are kinda repulsive. I can't stand to look at pictures of wrestlers either. Average guys who are in shape, well toned, and healthy are the most attractive.

Last edited:
With higher fat percentages, would they still? I can see how a "smoother" look might be preferable.

They would probably go closer to neutral. I can see how a Te user might admire those guy's bodies, the display of control and discipline over their bodies.

Perhaps my problem is everything I see with Se is essentially judged with quite a subjective filter (Fi).

Bruce Lee is fine, but Arnold looks... very excessive and kinda creepy.

long and lanky

I hate overly muscular guys. Average guys who are in shape, well toned, and healthy are the most attractive. I agree with Quilan those pictures are kinda repulsive.

The Olympia judges beg to differ! :m141:

But okay, I acknowledge that my aesthetics probably do not match those of women, since there is nothing sexual about my "attraction."

So I'm definately heterosexual, and while I can relate to the sentiment that men are basically ugly compared to women(there really isn't anything attractive about a male body to me), there are facial traits that I find myself appreciating. It's a sort of face that isn't too bulky looking and has a nerdy/interesting look to it. My musical hero Les Claypool posesses it pretty well:
featuren.jpg

By hinsoog at 2009-07-27

If Les Claypool wanted me, he could have me..............

..... Totally joking........ hahaha!

Last edited: