"Mean Girls" cause suicide | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"Mean Girls" cause suicide

what's sad is this probably happens more often than we think. childhood is rough.

Why haven't the family members put a hit on these girls?

If someone had hounded my sister, or daughter to suicide, I'd have kidnapped them and their families and then tortured their families to death in front of them.

They'd all be strapped to the wall in two way mirror cages they couldn't touch or yell out of, unable to do anything other than watch their familes be slowly tortured, and then, they'd be killed a la "law abiding citizen" lethal injection.

this wasn't just 'someone', these were kids too, psychologically they probably weren't aware of the long term ramifications of their actions. torturing them (and their families!) would be a punishment not suited to the crime.
~btw i know you were exaggerating (or at least I hope, dear god)

I don't give a shit.

There are no justifications for making someones life miserable. Driving someone to suicide simply because you're a psychopath well... I'd take complete revenge.

I was not exaggerating. Noone had best fuck with me and mine.

consider it from their point of view, what drove them to relentlessly abuse a fellow student? i'm betting their homelife isn't exactly ideal, that their influences were less than exemplary. not that i'm condoning what they did at all, i'm just pointing out that it's not all black and white. these are human beings first and foremost, and if they're psychopaths, they deserve treatment, not punishment.

I scoured a bit and found that bullying is actually a really big problem at that school. Some have left town because of it, apparently. Why the hell hadn't the administrators done anything serious until someone committed suicide?

Consider it from the victims.

Oh wait, she doesn't have one. She's dead.

Consider it from the victims.

Oh wait, she doesn't have one. She's dead.

but that's the whole point, she's dead and it's a tragedy but there's nothing you can do about it. what good is it going to do punishing others for her death? petty revenge is not going to improve the situation for OTHER kids who are being bullied, while treatment might, and might enable at least them to ride it out.

A law needs to be put in place against the act of mental harassment.

I would love to see these 'Mean Girls' go through trial.
The 'Mean Girls' should have their clown asses locked up in jail for manslaughter.

I don't give a shit.

There are no justifications for making someones life miserable. Driving someone to suicide simply because you're a psychopath well... I'd take complete revenge.

I was not exaggerating. Noone had best fuck with me and mine.

Agreed. This is the way we feel about our kids and, now that they're adults, this is the way they feel about us. I remember once when my elder son was in elementary school we were called into a conference with the principal because my son was fighting. It turns out he had fought back against a bully to the bully's great detriment. The principal wanted me to teach my kid that fighting was never a way to settle things. I refused. I said that I was proud of him and that it was perfectly appropriate to fight in self defense. Indeed, bullies never expect resistance and a quick, violent, unexpected response from the supposed "victim" usually ends any future problems. The principal said that the "jails are filled with people like your son." I said "bullshit," enrolled my son in Tae Kwon Do classes, he earned his black belt and became a winning regional competitor. Now, he's not in jail but, instead, is earning a fortune in his 20's as a commodities trader. Bullies, male or female, on the other hand, are cowardly, low life, losers.

but that's the whole point, she's dead and it's a tragedy but there's nothing you can do about it. what good is it going to do punishing others for her death? petty revenge is not going to improve the situation for OTHER kids who are being bullied, while treatment might, and might enable at least them to ride it out.

Society has to do something to protect victims against bullies, if the victims can't do it themselves. Punishment has the dual purposes of societal retribution and deterrence. On the other hand, some educational programs against bullying seem to work. Bullies are damaged people. However, if they're psychopaths, there's not much you can do except watch them closely, lock them up, or kill them. Take your pick.

Reactions: sagewolf
That's so sad.

It doesn't help that the article addresses these girls as the "Mean Girls." If anything, they'll see this and think they're special.

Continuing to berate the poor girl is a coping mechanism. Either that, or these girls are complete sociopaths and have no respect for human life.

God, why are they so popular? Why do they have friends? Did they torture people to submission into letting them become their "friends"? Something tells me no, they just have their own crew that don't give a fuck about anything or anyone else. This folks is why I strongly dislike my age group. I just wish Phoebe had told someone about the abuse. But then, the girls could've just treated her worse.

God. This just depressed me.

/F in overdrive

They are not popular. They are feared. They just don't know the difference.

This is a disgusting reflection on our society today.

I scoured a bit and found that bullying is actually a really big problem at that school. Some have left town because of it, apparently. Why the hell hadn't the administrators done anything serious until someone committed suicide?
(not picking on you, Muse, you just trigger thoughts for me i guess)

I'll bet the administrators are just as scared of these kids and their families as everyone else. or related to them, or something to that effect where they cannot go against...
It is really really sad.

I don't feel as bad about saying this as I should, but, I hope those girls get their asses kicked by someone... figuratively, physically, i really don't care.

I find it hard to believe some people can be so shockingly cruel and revel in it.

That kind of thing is very-- very disgusting. And even moreso the fact that this is happening because of a boy -- only A SENIOR? DEAR GOD.

What? Like the senior will go running and fuck the scorned Mean Girl after this. Does he really want some kind of psycho bitch who'd go with her pack and drive other people to suicide just because he slept with someone else; who knows, maybe he'll be the next target. >_>;

Stupidity...........

Why haven't the family members put a hit on these girls?

If someone had hounded my sister, or daughter to suicide, I'd have kidnapped them and their families and then tortured their families to death in front of them.

They'd all be strapped to the wall in two way mirror cages they couldn't touch or yell out of, unable to do anything other than watch their familes be slowly tortured, and then, they'd be killed a la "law abiding citizen" lethal injection.

ohoh now you have awaken the little sick devil in me... :meye:

Well it's nature AND nurture that causes people to be jerky. If you wanna be actually constructive, then consider making change on a macro level. Change our culture somehow... gradually... there's no glitz and glam fast solution. There's getting pissed off, but if you're not pissed enough to go for it... if you don't construct a personal plan to effect a change, then you're really not all that pissed, and your empathy isn't all that strong. I feel a lot of doubt when I browse through the thread. I sense fickle passions that will ebb as quickly as they formed. I want to believe you guys, but I don't.

Let's remember these kids are young, it's of course no excuse, but young minds are easily influenced by their surroundings.

"Let he that is without sin cast the first stone" :p

I wonder how they feel now...