"Mean Girls" cause suicide | INFJ Forum

"Mean Girls" cause suicide

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Kavalan, Feb 10, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
More threads by Kavalan
  1. Kavalan

Kavalan Has risen

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    1W9
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/01/24/the_untouchable_mean_girls/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bs98r3kjf

bs98r3kjf Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    none
    Enneagram:
    none
    This is so sad. I don't even know what to say...

3. forgetblueskies

forgetblueskies Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Easy. They won't survive in the real world. In order to thrive, you need to be compassionate and willing to work together and compromise. In other words, you need to actually give a damn about something besides yourself. These people- these disgusting, sad excuses for people- are going to die friendless and alone. It's stories like this that makes me lose faith in humanity. Makes me sick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Blind Bandit likes this.
  4. SpaceCowgirl

SpaceCowgirl vanilla cat

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I always think that no one can be completely evil, everyone has reasons for the things they do. Everyone has the potential to change. I'm sure those girls do, but the thought that one of the bullies could go on and live a happy life, possibly even do some good with it, scares me. Even if one of them became a better person and felt remorse...it wouldn't feel right for them to be happy. It would be like stealing that girls happiness. There's no reason for something like this. No matter how hard a persons life is torturing someone isn't justifiable.

acd likes this.
  5. DysfunctionalMuse

DysfunctionalMuse Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I know teenagers will be teenagers but...

...sometimes I wonder if some people are just fucked.

Why are they popular?

I can understand not physically causing her death, but why not suspend or expel them after punching the girl in the face?

The sad thing is, I know some people like this in real life.

Sigh.

#5 DysfunctionalMuse, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  6. BlinkandThink

BlinkandThink Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    Disgusting.

7. DysfunctionalMuse

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    God, why are they so popular? Why do they have friends? Did they torture people to submission into letting them become their "friends"? Something tells me no, they just have their own crew that don't give a fuck about anything or anyone else. This folks is why I strongly dislike my age group. I just wish Phoebe had told someone about the abuse. But then, the girls could've just treated her worse.

God. This just depressed me.

/F in overdrive

8. BlinkandThink

Threads:
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    I don't think anyone's life becomes undeserving of happiness because of the worst thing they've done. I hope the gang (that's what they are) is stopped, and maybe one day the girls who were involved will learn from this and change.

I suspect there are one or two actual sociopaths surrounded by a bunch of followers.

9. Top cat

Top cat Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    So sad to say but I wish this was the case
    I've seen many people like this continue to live happy lives and guiltlessly even. You have the perpetrators but you also have a lot of ignorant people getting caught in the action, it's just pure reaction / no-thinking / mob mentality.. next thing they know they find out they are actually hurting someone innocent and then it's too late. Or worse (and the most common thing I see), they think they are doing it for the good !

10. Reon

Reon Midnight's Garden

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Questioning?
    Enneagram:
    5w6
    eh, I'm not one for revenge, but they need their happiness taken away, at least temporarily. High school does reinforce this behavior, I suppose, and I don't think this mentality just goes away when you hit college and on. This was 'another' level though, but they yet got away with their emotional tyranny somewhat unscathed at this moment.

The mean girls are douches but I do wonder about the irish girl. I don't think the assertions posted upon in the article would warrant such a reaction unless something else is going on.

11. SpaceCowgirl

SpaceCowgirl vanilla cat

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    This is true, I just got very emotional when i read the article. I don't actually want those girls to be unhappy i just want them to realize what they've done is wrong, and i agree theres probably a couple sociopaths. The article freaked me out because there must be a decent amount of girls who joined in on this, even in small ways, and it made me think of what i might be capable of if i were in a different situation. Not that much probably, but if i ever took part in something like this i would never forgive myself. And a bad persons ability to become good is a great thing to happen, but in my mind it confirms a good persons ability to become bad.

btw Blink you remind me of my friend, that's the same response he would have given me

12. BlinkandThink

Threads:
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    It's hard to tell, because the article is incredibly biased.

But I've heard of people reacting to far less. So many innocent people are attacked just because they're easy targets. These girls' behavior doesn't surprise me at all.

13. Duty

Duty Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    The response of the girls after Phoebe's death is not terribly shocking. I mean, isn't it easy to see that if you thought your teasing was the cause of someone's suicide, you would want to find a reason to justify your teasing?

Continuing the teasing is definitely not a healthy way to deal with it, but these girls will have to deal with it one way or the other.

Either this or sociopathy, which isn't really shocking either.

14. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Where the hell was her family and the school in all this? Heads should roll....

15. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    These girls deserve to know no happiness and to be treated like crap themselves. Some people don't deserve the right to live life happily.

/Angry response

I can't same I'm surprised I did a term paper on bullying and how wide spread it is as well as the fact that it dose long term harm. I hate to say it but this seems pair for the course. Some people have no goodness in them or they have no spine to truly think for themselves. I'm tired of seeing our schools let these morons stay. Little scavengers that will step on anyone to get what they want or to simply feel better about that their shit life. I was bullied heavily myself and nothing was ever really done. People are just lucky she didn't come back with a gun.

Its times like this that force hope from me. Bulling is a big problem but its never treated liked a big issue. I bet these the parents of these bullies think their girls are just little angels.

I can't make sense of all this not really.

16. DysfunctionalMuse

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    It mentions that Phoebe had a "fling" with a senior, so maybe this senior was involved with one of the Mean Girls, who pulled out the old "teenage vengeance" and started treating her like crap. It's a sign of breathtaking immaturity however, even for a teenager, to take it this far.

17. Top cat

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    Maybe in the future we will discover personality is wired in the brain (like some disorders)
    and then create a better kind of human being
    To alter it foetus stage

I have had someone force me to be their friend :eek:hwell:

18. bamf

bamf Is Watching You
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Meh
    Enneagram:
    Meh
    Where the hell is the school administration?

19. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Why haven't the family members put a hit on these girls?

If someone had hounded my sister, or daughter to suicide, I'd have kidnapped them and their families and then tortured their families to death in front of them.

They'd all be strapped to the wall in two way mirror cages they couldn't touch or yell out of, unable to do anything other than watch their familes be slowly tortured, and then, they'd be killed a la "law abiding citizen" lethal injection.

20. Top cat

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    ?