"Mean Girls" cause suicide | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

"Mean Girls" cause suicide

Does it matter what the actual "cause" of her suicide was? She was horrifically bullied=terrible; she committed suicide=sad. I'd say there is a strong correlation between the two, but who gives two shits if it actually caused her to commit suicide?

What needs to be asked is why were these kids allowed to get away with such bullying, regardless of this girl's death, and why this girl didn't reach out for help. I think those are the important things that can be taken away from this, and bickering about what caused her to kill herself just seems to detract from the reality of what happened; the bullies were allowed to bully, this girl offed herself, and she didn't reach out for help.

So then why are you feeling sorry for people who's instinct to survive they willingly give up?

I feel so bad for this girl, I understand what she went through in fact I have tried to commit suicide because of this multiple times. The whole school system in general is trash and something must be done about it. Things like this just make me so angry.

So then why are you feeling sorry for people who's instinct to survive they willingly give up?

Because of the system that has been used to have her give that is terrible and nothing has been done to stop it.

I doubt that the bullying would have continued if the girls knew that it would be the impetus for suicide. The deceased's breaking point was known only to her, and the end result should not reflect much on how wicked the tormentors were.

Does it matter what the actual "cause" of her suicide was? She was horrifically bullied=terrible; she committed suicide=sad. I'd say there is a strong correlation between the two, but who gives two shits if it actually caused her to commit suicide?

What needs to be asked is why were these kids allowed to get away with such bullying, regardless of this girl's death, and why this girl didn't reach out for help. I think those are the important things that can be taken away from this, and bickering about what caused her to kill herself just seems to detract from the reality of what happened; the bullies were allowed to bully, this girl offed herself, and she didn't reach out for help.

Question, are you stating that all bullying is horrific or this particular event of bullying is horrific?

I doubt that the bullying would have continued if the girls knew that it would be the impetus for suicide. The deceased's breaking point was known only to her, and the end result should not reflect much on how wicked the tormentors were.

I think knowing that they had that kind of power over someone would only encourage them.

Question, are you stating that all bullying is horrific or this particular event of bullying is horrific?
The extent that she was bullied is horrific, but bullying in general is a bad thing. All bullying isn't horrific, but I'd say it's all bad.

The extent that she was bullied is horrific, but bullying in general is a bad thing. All bullying isn't horrific, but I'd say it's all bad.

Eh, perhaps I'm missing it, but what makes this particular incident of bullying horrific. Obviously I don't know the situation but I'm pretty sure quite a bit of people have been through worse in high school, the only major difference is that she killed herself.

Being punched in the face, constantly called slut and having a beer can thrown at her.
Trolling her facebook with insults after she committed suicide.

Eh, perhaps I'm missing it, but what makes this particular incident of bullying horrific. Obviously I don't know the situation but I'm pretty sure quite a bit of people have been through worse in high school, the only major difference is that she killed herself.
The lack of proactive involvement from school officials is what I find horrific in this case. I'm sure people have been through worse, and I'm sure that others have also killed themselves. I'm simply saying this particular case (because of the lack of action from the administration in combination with the girl's actions) is horrific.

If horrific is too strong of an adjective, substitute one of your liking. It's semantics.

Being punched in the face, constantly called slut and having a beer can thrown at her.
Trolling her facebook with insults after she committed suicide.

Eh. Facebook trollin' Nice expression. Other than facebook trolling, I don't see anything super exceptional. With that being said, I'm not saying that because it's normal, it's right.

The lack of proactive involvement from school officials is what I find horrific in this case. I'm sure people have been through worse, and I'm sure that others have also killed themselves. I'm simply saying this particular case (because of the lack of action from the administration in combination with the girl's actions) is horrific.

If horrific is too strong of an adjective, substitute one of your liking. It's semantics.

I'm making sure I understand your point of view.

Eh. Facebook trollin' Nice expression. Other than facebook trolling, I don't see anything super exceptional. With that being said, I'm not saying that because it's normal, it's right.

I'm making sure I understand your point of view.

You have to understand that some people are more naturally sensitive than others, just because you might find it normal does not mean the person going through the abuse finds it, you don't know what is going through that persons mind.

Reactions: bamf
You have to understand that some people are more naturally sensitive than others, just because you might find it normal does not mean the person going through the abuse finds it, you don't know what is going through that persons mind.

When I said I found it normal, I mean that it occurs quite frequently/normally. I did not state that I was ok with it. Of course I don't know what that person is exactly feeling but I can guess. Like many people do.

What the fuck school did you go to?
Punching someone in the face was instant expulsion from any high school, and remain expelled all around the state. Throwing beer? Also way above the norm.

Punching someone in the face was instant expulsion from any high school, and remain expelled all around the state. Throwing beer? Also way above the norm.

It all depends on the school and district really, there is certain schools where they just don't give a crap, the securities are just there for decoration and some of them are just ''chilling'' with the popular kids, I know because I currently go to one of those schools and have been a victim of constant abuse. Not every school in the district enforces this policy. Of course it is stated that such actions are punished by expulsion but they tend to be unnoticed or at least they pretend nothing ever really happens unless the kid speaks up.

Really? Since when? I go to a school in D seg. Here is a random occurrence that has happened at my school: a cheerleader started dating a black guy so all the high school jocks decide to have a cook out. They burnt all the hot dogs and threw them into the girl's front yard. I think that might be 'way above the norm.' Throwing beer can bottles (I thought it was red bull/energy drink) is something you see in a life time movie.

I'm in Australia, where education is taken a bit more seriously.
You're in America. Nuff said.