Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 18 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Dead Poets Society. I loved the introverted Todd Anderson. He had such a passion for the arts, but because of fear, hid it behind a veil of indifference.

I'm currently watching Mommie Dearest. Haven't seen it in years.

No. Wire. HANGERS!

tumblr_mv99ot7Qz61qmflk2o1_r1_400.gif

2-Mommie-Dearest-quotes.gif

They Came Together. With Paul Rudd and Amy Pohler and a great cast, its a satire of every romantic comedy and its hilarious in how ridiculous it is.

Plus I love Paul Rudd.

[video=youtube;8SlB-SpDMKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SlB-SpDMKI[/video]

....with my girls. The spirits of these children are very similar to my girls.

Reactions: heiots
Jupiter Ascending - was actually looking forward to this movie despite the lackluster actors involved. The underlying story is interesting but totally ruined by the crappy actors Mila Kunis/Channing Tatum. I mean if you are going to make an epic sci fi movie in an era of strong female leads such as the divergent/hunger games and even the fifth element - you bring on an emotionally flat and one dimensional character played by Mila Kunis?? WTF were the wackowski brothers thinking? The whole movie just felt like it has the unwelcome presence of Meg from family guy riding along; stealing valuable time on the screen. Huge dissapointment :(

The Machine - (on netflix) - dark, dingy, humanistic/robotics, - very interesting and well thought out movie - dealing with many themes of human intelligence vs. ai intelligence, the boundaries or lack thereof of technology, personal sacrifice for higher knowledge - played beautifully by the actors - the cinematography is excellent with the characters conveying strongly their point of view from many perspectives. had me hooked :)

Just got the foriegn ganster movie "A Prophet" - wheni have time i'll like to enjoy the movie - critically acclaimed i believe. Love foreign movies :)

Reactions: rawr
Not really a film, more a TV series but Peaky Blinders is pretty good so far...if you like your drama gritty!

Started watching it. Good filming so far and interesting look into the historical time period of the british/irish/scottish politics.

Ex Machina

Started watching it. Good filming so far and interesting look into the historical time period of the british/irish/scottish politics.

Yeah totally it's a heady mix of gypsies, communists, unionists, IRA, british establishment, criminal underworld and brummies (folk from birmingham)...what's not to like?

Also a splash of contemporary music from Nick Cave never hurts!

Another interesting aspect of the timing of it is how it is right after world war 1 when you had all these guys coming back traumatised from the war but at the same time they had been turned into soldiers...people who could stand up for themselves

Cillian Murphys face reminds me so much of a real hardman i know that i find it almost eerie. He plays a convincing tough guy

The new Cinderella movie! it was beautiful *-*

Moonrise Kingdom

Hearing Benjamin Britten's "The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" and being reminded of school.
[MENTION=13630]DisgruntledPorcupine[/MENTION] I watched the first 15 minutes like this -> wondering.gif Except the eyebrow was frozen in the crick spot the entire time

Last edited:
The Voices

Ok....wtf.

Lucy.

The extreme ruthlessness and violence of the drug lord world was very hard for this infj to handle....but the other side of the story where she undergoes transformation is fascinating.

[h=1]Danny Collins[/h]

Kingsman:The Secret Service

It had a few high points, but my god was it dumb. I mean we're talking "Batman and Robin" levels of sheer idiocy here. Really, it has to be one the stupidest movies I've ever watched. I suppose it could be fun if you can turn your mind off. I doubt that would even be enough. You would need to put your mind into a deep deep coma to avoid seeing about all the plot holes and nonsense.

Reactions: Kgal
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.

Still one of my all time favorite movies.

The Homesman...
Man wtf. Depressing. I know theres a bunch of stuff that I didn't get in this movie.

Black Moon (1975)

this is so odd and disturbing. i didn't like it because it reminded me too much of my own dreams. watch it anyway.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

didn't like it as much as the first. i tend to zone out when the explosions go on for more than 30 seconds, but the Hulk sequences were good. certain characters that are supposed to be in X-Men made me angry. still no Spiderman...

Ex Machina

It was ok, kind of interesting. But there were so many moments when it felt like dumb masquerading as smart. Technical jargon that was incorrectly used or very implausible uses of technology. It was quite like Primer in tone, but nowhere near as intelligent or well researched.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

didn't like it as much as the first. i tend to zone out when the explosions go on for more than 30 seconds, but the Hulk sequences were good. certain characters that are supposed to be in X-Men made me angry. still no Spiderman...

Yeah, I was just waiting for Magneto to come down and turn Ironman into a paperweight.

Reactions: rawr