Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Guardians of the Galaxy. easily 4.5/5. Probably more 5/5.
We really loved it! I laughed my way through it along with my girlfriend (we watched it together on Skype, I streamed it for her with subtitles and audio)

Agreed. I've seen it twice now and want to watch it again.

I love the fact it actually has a dialogue with "big" words...hahahahahaha.

Exodus: Gods and Kings

It was okey, but not my favorite by any means. It had stunning visual effects and the ancient Egyptian architecture was beautiful but that's it... The story itself felt a little bit empty and bland.

Inherent Vice

I been ill so I been doing a marathon, yesterday I watched The Town, about heists in the US, before that it was a comedy called Triggermen which has a lot of my favourite actors together in a single movie and some of them I never expected to see in the same movie, I'm watching something called broken city, and before it I watched the Kentucky Fried Movie.

I was on a rip watching TV series but I burned my way through so many, Weeds, Blue Mountain State, Mad Men, Suits, Vikings, that I ran out of ones to watch.

Gone Girl - Unexpected ending. Bad acting but interesting plot.

American Sniper - Good movie. Would recommend.

vampire's kiss. words can't describe how nutty it is. well, maybe the words "80's nic cage" is a help. it starts off almost too movie-like and boring with cage at a psychiatrist, and then it gets weird. would recommend!

The Guest
This movie is what all 80s horror films wanted to be. While not a master piece it was entertaining and brought some nostalgia if for nothing other than the music.
Naw it was cool just because I almost felt like I was back in the eighties. Not that the eighties were cool ut for a second it was like no time had passed.

Last edited:
Agreed. I've seen it twice now and want to watch it again.

I love the fact it actually has a dialogue with "big" words...hahahahahaha.
This movies main character reminded me of my brother. Kind of like I hope he gets to exist now.
I know its irrelevant but I think its the main reason I liked it. Otherwise not trying to dis the movie but it was pretty simple.

Where I leave you.

I feel duped on this film. It turns out it had Jane Fonda in it and I did not know that until I put it in. It was my intention to never be a part of giving money to anything she is a part of but...it was an accident.
In any case I think the movie was pretty good if not unsettling. Unsettling because I have placed so much value on family. Watching a family that essentially split apart and all went there own ways is ...yeah well.
Good movie with an odd ending. Like it was stuck in there because they wanted a surprise ending just for the hell of it.

"Begin Again".

Very good story. Awesome music!!!! Besides....it's Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo.

[video=youtube;uTRCxOE7Xzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRCxOE7Xzc[/video]

The Artist

Meh, it had some great music (though very little of it was original) and some excellent acting, but it wasn't very interesting. It didn't say anything new or insightful about the era of silent film, but just stayed safely within the bounds of nostalgia and sentimentality. The film should just have been an elderly man shaking his cane at them gosh darn youngsters and talking about the good old days.

Its not a film but I wanted to post about it anyway, I'm watching something called hereafter, an episode of the justice league in which superman is thought dead when he is dematerialised and he is actually catapulted into a distant future in which everyone and everything is dead but strange animals have evolved from the roaches which survived and one guy called Savage who is an immortal (and also responsible for it all).

This show is freaking awesome, I love the fact that they started to do two part episodes, one was not long enough to do stories like this, also I've no idea if this has a comic book as its origin for the story but it would be awesome if it did.

Superman forges a sword and goes around in an ancient car with the sword and a hammer fighting the things, the disappearence of the sun means he hasnt got his powers, then he and savage have to go after an artificial sun and it restores his powers, in time for him to go back in time and prevent this time line happening.

Also the guy Savage has kind of lived a life like the guy in I Am Legend, infinite time, infinite opportunities to read and learn and perfect, he has a space craft, a time machine, he has mastered machine production and agriculture.

Also Lobo and Deadshot is in it. So you know. Two other cool characters.

Fury.
Sad. I am always enthralled by good war movies. The bond created between people when faced with the hell of it. The fact that war tears people apart in more ways than just the physical. And despite all of it, people never learn.
What gets me, what really gets me is that the people so quick to jump to war never see the people they send to their death as individuals. They are just numbers, one and all.
Humanity is insane.

John Wick
Standard revenge / vengeance. But I do love these stories.

The Artist

Meh, it had some great music (though very little of it was original) and some excellent acting, but it wasn't very interesting. It didn't say anything new or insightful about the era of silent film, but just stayed safely within the bounds of nostalgia and sentimentality. The film should just have been an elderly man shaking his cane at them gosh darn youngsters and talking about the good old days.

i love the artist and i think that it does say something insightful - change hurts a lot of people, but is necessary and ultimately good.

melancholia

this is one of the best films that i've seen in recent memory. it's beautiful, interesting, artistic and ultimately educational. it's the type of movie that i could only dream of making.

le voyage dans la lune

1908 film. you have to see it. probably the first sci-fi movie ever. creative, funny and beautiful.

Fury.
Sad. I am always enthralled by good war movies. The bond created between people when faced with the hell of it. The fact that war tears people apart in more ways than just the physical. And despite all of it, people never learn.
What gets me, what really gets me is that the people so quick to jump to war never see the people they send to their death as individuals. They are just numbers, one and all.
Humanity is insane.

My wife doesn't understand how I can be a pacifist but still watch "those" movies... like Band of Brothers, which I have watched so many times the DVD player has nearly burned a hole through the discs! But that "study" in humanity is exactly the reason I watch them.

On a different note, just watched Interstellar. Yes. Definitely a movie worthy of the praise it's gotten.

The Remaining

An interesting comedy though quite honestly boring overall.

X Men Days of Future Past

Jennifer Lawrence is such a babe.

I hate Cold Play and that dude who used to be with Paltrow and is now with Lawrence is one lucky son of a gun.