Jerry Seinfeld | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Jerry Seinfeld

Pffthp! *Raspberry*

C'mon, SH! Part of the game is elimination. If there's still questionable doubt, then we can't eliminate that possibility!
There will always be questionable doubt when dealing typing someone you've never met.

I make that he's ENTP

So do I.

There will always be questionable doubt when dealing typing someone you've never met.

That's true, too. But there is a point when you can start eliminating. Like, I don't see Seinfeld as an NT at all - he's far too feeling oriented, and Kramer can wrap him around his little finger. I think we've definitely determined Kramer is ENTP. It's the other three that are difficult. Me, I think George is an ESTJ. Elaine is tough...she kind of acts like a friend of mine who is an NF, but Elaine's less nice. I'd actually put Elaine as ENFP and Jerry as the SP - maybe ISFP.

Yah, I could see George as an introvert, too. I wavered between ISTJ and ESTJ.

Elaine seems hard to pinhole, but in all truth the way she operates seems so, grounded, I'd say she's an F, but I wouldn't say NF, I still stand by the original statement of Seinfeld being INFJ, or at the very least NFJ, his way of thinking is... unconventional and he has just enough Fe to seem approachable and honest about things, (most of his humor is about relating to him, he'll often start a joke out about, have you, how about, did you, in an attempt to relate to the audience.) but not enough to go out of his way to take care of people.

Only an NJ would be able to entertain themselves and his friends at an opera with a candy dispenser.

Elaine seems hard to pinhole, but in all truth the way she operates seems so, grounded, I'd say she's an F, but I wouldn't say NF, I still stand by the original statement of Seinfeld being INFJ, or at the very least NFJ, his way of thinking is... unconventional and he has just enough Fe to seem approachable and honest about things, (most of his humor is about relating to him, he'll often start a joke out about, have you, how about, did you, in an attempt to relate to the audience.) but not enough to go out of his way to take care of people.

Only an NJ would be able to entertain themselves and his friends at an opera with a candy dispenser.

Why only an NJ? I'm not questioning your reasoning, but I don't think intuitives have cornered the creativity market. There are plenty of creative folks who are Sensors.

I think Jerry's definitely a feeler. And I agree he's introverted. I'm not sure he's a J, and I'm not convinced he can't be a Sensor. But it's true - it's tough to type people we've never met. We can only make assumptions based on their actions.

Why only an NJ? I'm not questioning your reasoning, but I don't think intuitives have cornered the creativity market. There are plenty of creative folks who are Sensors.

I never said that they did, it was the kind of creativity he displayed, not the creativity.

It was an episode that I won't go into the details of.

Unless you want me too.

I think Jerry's definitely a feeler. And I agree he's introverted. I'm not sure he's a J, and I'm not convinced he can't be a Sensor. But it's true - it's tough to type people we've never met. We can only make assumptions based on their actions.

Point. Because we'll never really know, but we can try to come close.

I never said that they did, it was the kind of creativity he displayed, not the creativity.

It was an episode that I won't go into the details of.

Unless you want me too.

Point. Because we'll never really know, but we can try to come close.

:) You don't have to go into the details. It could be cool to see a Youtube clip of it if it exists, but I can look for it on my own. It could help me decide. My conclusion for ISFP has been the art world and the description, but it's hard to say. I can't pinpoint any ISFP comedians. I'm thinkin' Robin Williams is an ESFP comedian, but Williams obviously is no introvert.

My conclusion for ISFP has been the art world and the description, but it's hard to say. I can't pinpoint any ISFP comedians.

Chris Farley.

Exactly, I say he's ISFP because I know ISFPs and ESFPs, though like always you can only assume. I've learned something, introversion takes many different forms. It's not just being loud or quiet, or spending time alone or not.

Exactly, I say he's ISFP because I know ISFPs and ESFPs, though like always you can only assume. I've learned something, introversion takes many different forms. It's not just being loud or quiet, or spending time alone or not.

This is true. It depends on whether or not people energize them. If Farley was an introvert, then man...It explains the drugs and whatnot. He'd have to find ways to tune out the crowds.

Apparently in real life, Seinfeld's biggest pet peeve is bad manners, and he's actually fiercely private, so I feel pretty sure of IxFJ. The ENTPs actually had him at IxTJ with the same dominant conundrum. To me, his comedy is all about the tension between Si and Ni.

Completely off topic, but I might go and see his stand up in a couple months if I can rummage together money for the tickets.

I know his type, annoying

ok, but as always when these questions come up, it's necessary to ask, are you typing their public image or their true personality. There are a tone of TJ who are incorrectly typed as NF because they are very good at performing. They know what image to present and when to do so. Some are very difficult to type and pretty good at hiding who they really are.

If i'm INFJ, i can't see the connection, but whether or not we see similarities between ourselves in someone else, doesn't mean we're the same. We could just be projecting. idk

interesting discussion. i'll keep thinking about it.

As Raccoon said, i'd more likely guess an SF type of some kind instead of NF.

Last edited: