Votes: 4 6.1%
  • God is hermaphroditic

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • God is beyond this particular question

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • this question is relevant to God but beyond human comprehension

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I put option 4, but I want to withdraw it because it seems kinda mainstream in hindsight...

To be honest I was stuck between that and five. I'm agnostic, or whatever the one is that says, "I don't really care whether there's a god or what he/she/it's like because I'm the bau5 of my own psyche."

Aww man! I was all set to click on Yes. God is a Woman...

...and then you put up those other options which of course make way more sense....

It kinda took the wind out of my sails....

:w:

TTTWOOMS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=FukzyfIqYf8

God is a man. Specifically, Michael Landon.

michael-landon.jpg

Reactions: 894tt3h9
male

Reactions: acd
No problems either way.

Of course, it would be more awesome if God is Alanis Morissette, but.....

God (if god exists) is beyond human understanding of sexuality.

God (if god exists) is beyond human understanding of sexuality.

See, this is the thinking that constantly bewilders me. Well, I wouldn't say bewilders is the right word... But, regardless:

Why? I'm not saying your version of the God you might be thinking of couldn't be immensely complex. But, when it boils down to it, why couldn't it have a figure, and a sex such as us humans? People tend to think God would be a huge spillover of pure energy or something silly. The view alone seems highly pretentious. Like, psuedo-enlightenedness.

Reactions: Sandie33
See, this is the thinking that constantly bewilders me. Well, I wouldn't say bewilders is the right word... But, regardless:

Why? I'm not saying your version of the God you might be thinking of couldn't be immensely complex. But, when it boils down to it, why couldn't it have a figure, and a sex such as us humans? People tend to think God would be a huge spillover of pure energy or something silly. The view alone seems highly pretentious. Like, psuedo-enlightenedness.

Bear with me friend.

Okay, I perceive the biological and physical processes of my body and can only conclude that I must have some sort of disrete soul to perceive the world as I do. I imagine that others may also have souls! But I cannot prove that, nor disprove it of course because I cannot perceive their experiences.

Regardless this soul must come (and go) somewhere. Some sort of soul plain. This is outside the realms of physical inspection (currently).

I view that god can be a number of things.

a) god is a diety
b) god can exist in the physical or soul plain
c) god can exist in either and affect both or exist in on and affect that plain.
d) hyborean plain theory might suggest that god is a wrapped to both plains!
e) god may or may not exist at all! (no evidence either way, unlike the soul)

Either way the idea of male and female is a mammalian construct and since I cannot currently perceive this being as exclusively child inseminating or child birthing I cannot right assing said diety a sex. Perhaps it is quantum and god is male, female, androgenous or hermaphrodite if they are ever observed; somewhat akin to waveforum collapse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saru Inc
Bear with me friend.

#editing post#

No I mean, I'm not arguing with what you believe. I'm just saying usually when I hear that its coming from a hipster getting their daily Jack Kerouac injection down by the H&M street peddler. If thats what you truly believe, then go for it. Just most people who say that are bullshit.

Reactions: aerosol
Done [MENTION=3156]Saru Inc[/MENTION]

No I mean, I'm not arguing with what you believe. I'm just saying usually when I hear that its coming from a hipster getting their daily Jack Kerouac injection down by the H&M street peddler. If thats what you truly believe, then go for it. Just most people who say that are bullshit.

lol.

im glad you managed to get in a sweden reference. you asshat.

If there is a God I doubt it would have need for sexual organs to reproduce.
Exactly. Different sexes evolved as an advantage in reproduction. An eternal being is never born, and never reproduces, so imagining that the Creator has a sex just seems a bit bizarre to me. I guess perhaps it makes more sense to those who think gods are created, or that they have bodies.

In my own religious tradition, the pronoun preference for G-d is "he." But that doesn't mean we think G-d is male. In fact we have some terms for G-d such as "Shekinah" that are feminine.

We need a pic. Maybe God has a facebook.

God's whatever you choose it to be.

Television used to be my god.