Votes: 4 6.1%
  • God is beyond this particular question

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • this question is relevant to God but beyond human comprehension

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
google has sufficiently answered this question

8%u00252520070621god_bruce.jpg

Wow that's a lot of pink bar. I think people depict gods as humanoids because it's comforting to know that someone watching over them is relatable and even posses human qualities. But in my opinion God/gods can look like anything, the possibilities are endless. It's so close minded to believe these figures have an absolute image when no one has seen them before.

I think similarly about aliens, why do aliens have to look like grey humans with gigantic eyes? Although I think since aliens are somewhat horrific to huamans, it's more of a narcissistic thing. Although one could argue narcissism with the topic of gods as well..

God has no body. God is neither male nor woman.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
@invisible here's a thought...since God came to us as the Son of man, and we have zillions of texts supporting his first earthly walk as this with many saying "he" will come again, fancy this: Will the Lord's second coming be in the suit of a woman?

;) Just a thought

Wow, this must be one of the better polls I've made. I really nailed it on those choices. Good work, invisible. Oh no, I'm talking to myself again.
A(wo)men!

Resident atheist here. God apparently created all that is known and existed before physical matter. It simply would not make sense for such an entity to have any sexual reproductive organs. Even if it did, it could change its sex on a whim...

Reactions: Sandie33
@invisible here's a thought...since God came to us as the Son of man, and we have zillions of texts supporting his first earthly walk as this with many saying "he" will come again, fancy this: Will the Lord's second coming be in the suit of a woman?

;) Just a thought

I don't know? The second coming is compared to a wedding I thought. It's written as the Lord comes as a man and those he is coming to marry (the church or Israel whatever your dispensation) as "the bride" and as female. Is it written that he has a body at all at the second coming? Do you know? I never thought about the Lord's second coming as someone coming as an actual person but I suppose that is the way it is written maybe. I don't remember.

If I had to pick a choice I'd pick both male and female, but no body. So, whatever that means. Lol

Only in atheism must God make sense.

I see God as a male entity, though I am careful to call Him a man. God is Spirit and Truth. God is the Word. Was Michael a man? He was as a male. He was and still is an angel of God. I see God, in all His wisdom, far beyond this question. I doubt the big thinkers ever even wondered about this.

I don't know? The second coming is compared to a wedding I thought. It's written as the Lord comes as a man and those he is coming to marry (the church or Israel whatever your dispensation) as "the bride" and as female. Is it written that he has a body at all at the second coming? Do you know? I never thought about the Lord's second coming as someone coming as an actual person but I suppose that is the way it is written maybe. I don't remember.

If I had to pick a choice I'd pick both male and female, but no body. So, whatever that means. Lol

Sure is clear as mud, huh @CindyLou ;)

Reactions: CindyLou
How was man created in "His" image then?
His "image" is as a "human" to most believers...with a psychological twist, could it be his "image" is his presented 'mask' or the 'Way' he is perceived as a group of actions?

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
This question is way outside my reasoning. Why would a god have a gender? People often refer to God as some... person. I guess a person would be familiar enough to relate to. I think that's silly. Even if there is value in thinking of God as a person, I draw the line at trying to reason about its gender as if there was any intellectual benefit digging into this useless concept. I don't know how else to express that this question just isn't valid. It's like asking if atoms poop... It just doesn't mean anything or make any sense.

Well, I guess voting has revealed that everyone is on board.

Google God in the contexts He was used in. Should take a good bit of time...