INTP/INFJ derailment discussion | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

INTP/INFJ derailment discussion

Fair enough, I guess.

I just don't see Cleve as some bully, and he's actually being attacked more than he's attacking others.

Perhaps I overlook some other nuances though.
I really think it's about his communication style if he was willing to slightly tweak it everything would be fine. If he is truly joking all the time the problem is it's being taken seriously by a lot of people because they aren't reading the joke over the text. Honestly if he just used emotions or lol jk more often I feel like he wouldn't get into as many conflicts

And I concede that me making this thread wasn't necessary, it's just there were pages of wyote and Cleve going back and forth and I was really interested in the main topic. I'm sure it would have eventually gotten back to the main topic but I was impatient, also the conflict could have confused people who didn't read the whole thread and make them not wanna share more.

I thought I was being helpful by providing an alternative option. Plus I started getting in on the derailing and I didn't wanna contribute so I was trying to quarantine the nightmare I'd become

The last point is simply untrue. The first is not assuming good intentions. The second is well I like to say stuff
It being untrue is your opinion, lol. But I personally don't think banning is in order... but I am one of the ones who likes the INTP banter... just not in every thread lol. Because we do need to leave the seriousness of some threads alone.

Ok, I'll give you that. Keep in mind she was a little upset though. Im sure she didn't mean to offend anyone.

So we give her a pass because she was upset? And don't give Cleve the same treatment, even though he's being attacked on all fronts and is in defense mode at the moment?

I don't know. I can see that he is a bit more edgy and confrontational, and also that he's making some generalizations about INFJs etc. But weren't you who were saying a short while ago how this place became a echo chamber where everyone is just patting themselves on the back?

Yeah, I don't mind her creating this thread, but saying they were "boring" is a bit over the top imo.
Admittedly it wasn't necessary. I've been here for ten years and I have kind of a cheeky way of communicating it doesn't always occurr to be that person aren't going to automatically known I'm being melodramatic to make fun of my own passion about something.

It wasn't really boring- it's just off topic and not what I was looking forward to reading.

I'm sure it would have eventually gotten back to the main topic

He openly stated (indirectly) in there somewhere that he intended to disrupt that thread, which is why I intervened at all.
It wasn't going to go back on topic if he had anything to say about it.

This is me reading through the threads trying to determine what people are getting so pissy about lol:

giphy.gif

Jesus some of you need to step away from the computer for a few hours.

Last edited:
So we give her a pass because she was upset? And don't give Cleve the same treatment, even though he's being attacked on all fronts and is in defense mode at the moment?

I don't know. I can see that he is a bit more edgy and confrontational, and also that he's making some generalizations about INFJs etc. But weren't you who were saying a short while ago how this place became a echo chamber where everyone is just patting themselves on the back?
It's because I've been here for ten years since I was 15 and some older members around here know me very very well, better than I know myself. It's definitely a form of bias but I would say it's more that I have a history with the forum, I have what's the word for it... Not reputation... Similar to seniority but that's not what I mean... I've been here for a long time and have "gained social trust and understanding" with some core members.

It's fine to start a new thread that takes an ongoing discussion into a different direction.

Intuitives tend to have a lot of thoughts that lead to other thoughts, so topics change quite a bit.

It being untrue is your opinion, lol. But I personally don't think banning is in order... but I am one of the ones who likes the INTP banter... just not in every thread lol. Because we do need to leave the seriousness of some threads alone.
I don't think anyone wants to ban Cleve we just want him to pull back a little, chill out a bit.

He was completely serious, that's the point. It was thread about creativity and he came in saying he expresses his creativity via data visualizations. This went on for a while and then got slightly detailed, while still being serious.

Personally, I am more annoyed by 2-3 pages of memes than some slight off topic.