INFJs Vs. ENTPs | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

INFJs Vs. ENTPs

Aaahh. Here we go again...

I love the smell of quote wars in the morning.

Hmm, I don't really see a war. :p He asked for a fight. I gave him my address. If he'd give me his in return than I'll visit him when I have the chance. I plan on going on a roadtrip anyways.

Nope, that doesn't disprove, but Si is based more in memory than in present. It's not as physically based as you believe. Those who are Si dominates either tend to be cowardly SFJs or their STJs which have that Te to make them stronger.

I spent 8 months studying the functions. Non-stop studying I only slept 6 hours a day, and I never talked to anyone be it on forums or in real life. Thus I know the functions like the back of my hand.

ENTPs get calm because of Ti. I'm always calm, unless I'm having a energy outbreak, but that's another thread. I just get calmer.

Si is more based in memory than current physical reality, especially in comparison to Se, but it isn't limited to that. Almost all the Si dominant people I know are in some form of sports or physical hobby such as that. They are still very physically based people. Ti would be calmer than Ne, sure, but it wouldn't ground you to the physical reality you need in a fight; ideally, Se is the fight function, but Si works very well as well. You use more than your first two functions in a lot of situations, and a fight would be a good example of that.

And I wouldn't put yourself too much on a pedestal, there; I've been on this site for a year now, and I was learning about MBTI well before that. I've been into this stuff since before 2006. Believe it or not, I know what I'm talking about too

You've got to be kidding me. An internet arguement spawns into wanting to physically fight? This thread just keeps getting worse and worse.

Si is more based in memory than current physical reality, especially in comparison to Se, but it isn't limited to that. Almost all the Si dominant people I know are in some form of sports or physical hobby such as that. They are still very physically based people. Ti would be calmer than Ne, sure, but it wouldn't ground you to the physical reality you need in a fight; ideally, Se is the fight function, but Si works very well as well. You use more than your first two functions in a lot of situations, and a fight would be a good example of that.

And I wouldn't put yourself too much on a pedestal, there; I've been on this site for a year now, and I was learning about MBTI well before that. I've been into this stuff since before 2006. Believe it or not, I know what I'm talking about too

I'm not arguing that I don't use more than my first two functions. Personally I believe I use all 4 of my dominate functions. I've trained my Si. My Fe grow because of the environment. I'm just saying you're wrong about us using Si as a dominate in a fight. I know when I'm in a fight I do exactly what I described in my first post you quoted. I find patterns, multiple patterns, and than decide the best way to attack. I'll normally take a blow or two first so I can get inside my opponents head and find their pattern and weakness. I than use that weakness against them. Normally your biggest weakness is your biggest strength. So to beat me in a fight you'd need to have no pattern, but that's not possible because everyone has a pattern. Even chaos has a pattern. We just haven't predicted it yet, and that's what makes 'ENTP Chaos Mode' so dangerous. If you can figure it out than you'll probably win, but if not than you'll lose.

I'd like to respond too INFJ berserk mode as well. Once you lose your mind, once you give into emotions. Than you'll loss against someone who remains ever so calm. I had an INFJ friend that learned this first hand. We were playing 'rubber band wars' and I accidentally shot him in the eye. He snapped and attacked me. I had the calmest face while he was beating my face in. I just kept looking at him and giggling to myself. [Which from what I hear scares the hell out of people. I don't know why I laugh when I'm getting hurt or in a fight. I just seem to find something so funny about it.] Anyways, little did he know my hand was inside my book-bag's pocket while he was attacking me. I grabbed a pencil out and stabbed him in the leg. I didn't want to do much damage and I've been stabbed in the leg before so I knew it was probably the best place to stab. He rolled off of me holding his leg. I apologized. He found this odd and shook my hand. I thought it was over. Later that year (about 3 months) he blind sided me with a metal pole to the back of the head. If you want proof I have X-Rays. I keep all my X-Rays.

Anyway, the point of the story is that face to face you'll have no chance of beating the ENTP when you've lost yourself, because the ENTP remains logical and looks for ways to inflict the most amount of pain. I could have did a lot worse to him, but I wanted to remain friends. Believe it our not we're still friends. .... damn I should stop rambling on... anyway, I'm afraid of INFJ's beast mode when they're not face to face. When they can come blind side you with a metal pole. I had to get 10 stitches in the back of my head. The doctor said it was lucky he didn't hit my soft spot or it could be much worse.

So for all ENTPs and INFJs. ENTPs; Watch your Backs, INFJs; if you're going to confront us face to face try and remain calm.

You've got to be kidding me. An internet arguement spawns into wanting to physically fight? This thread just keeps getting worse and worse.

Actually it's not the fighting itself thats fascinating, but the reason behind it.

People will fight because someone told them that they are Entps or infjs or istps or ingkdls. And since they fall into that ficticious category, they believe they are not responsible for whatever they do or say, since they believe it is expected from them, as long as it is within the limits of that category. Instead, they will fight to prove that that category that someone told them they belong to is stronger that the others, at the same time incorprorating into their characters all those traits that that category represents, making them even more certain about their "abilities" and "weaknesses", even if there is a possibility that none of these were part or their original personality in the first place.

I get the feeling that we all searched for the typologies in order to find out about ourselves, and in the end, we became their slaves. But don't mind me. I'm drunk right now.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing that I don't use more than my first two functions. Personally I believe I use all 4 of my dominate functions. I've trained my Si. My Fe grow because of the environment. I'm just saying you're wrong about us using Si as a dominate in a fight. I know when I'm in a fight I do exactly what I described in my first post you quoted. I find patterns, multiple patterns, and than decide the best way to attack. I'll normally take a blow or two first so I can get inside my opponents head and find their pattern and weakness. I than use that weakness against them. Normally your biggest weakness is your biggest strength. So to beat me in a fight you'd need to have no pattern, but that's not possible because everyone has a pattern. Even chaos has a pattern. We just haven't predicted it yet, and that's what makes 'ENTP Chaos Mode' so dangerous. If you can figure it out than you'll probably win, but if not than you'll lose.

I'd like to respond too INFJ berserk mode as well. Once you lose your mind, once you give into emotions. Than you'll loss against someone who remains ever so calm. I had an INFJ friend that learned this first hand. We were playing 'rubber band wars' and I accidentally shot him in the eye. He snapped and attacked me. I had the calmest face while he was beating my face in. I just kept looking at him and giggling to myself. [Which from what I hear scares the hell out of people. I don't know why I laugh when I'm getting hurt or in a fight. I just seem to find something so funny about it.] Anyways, little did he know my hand was inside my book-bag's pocket while he was attacking me. I grabbed a pencil out and stabbed him in the leg. I didn't want to do much damage and I've been stabbed in the leg before so I knew it was probably the best place to stab. He rolled off of me holding his leg. I apologized. He found this odd and shook my hand. I thought it was over. Later that year (about 3 months) he blind sided me with a metal pole to the back of the head. If you want proof I have X-Rays. I keep all my X-Rays.

Anyway, the point of the story is that face to face you'll have no chance of beating the ENTP when you've lost yourself, because the ENTP remains logical and looks for ways to inflict the most amount of pain. I could have did a lot worse to him, but I wanted to remain friends. Believe it our not we're still friends. .... damn I should stop rambling on... anyway, I'm afraid of INFJ's beast mode when they're not face to face. When they can come blind side you with a metal pole. I had to get 10 stitches in the back of my head. The doctor said it was lucky he didn't hit my soft spot or it could be much worse.

So for all ENTPs and INFJs. ENTPs; Watch your Backs, INFJs; if you're going to confront us face to face try and remain calm.

Well, first off, it's hard to get an INFJ into "berserk mode" anyways; at that point, you'd have to have pushed us to Se.

But that's what I'm referring to; I'm not talking about just fighting -- I'm talking about being pushed. High stress, fight-or-flight responses. In the case of that fight, you weren't the one being pushed; ENTPs can also be pushed to a "berserk mode." That's not solely an INFJ thing. In the case of an INFJ, in order to get them to that point, you'd have to push them past Ti -- that goes for ENTP too.

I think we had two different scenarios in mind. Typically, when I fight, I don't fight blindly; in most cases, I think we don't. HOWEVER, the full-out, rage induced fight is what I was talking about, "berserk mode," at which point a person uses their inferior function.

Ah, yes. I explained that in another thread. Don't piss an ENTP off where they go out of wack. I agree than, ENTPs can be pushed. It's just extremely hard. Believe it or not we don't get made easily. :)

Believe it or not, INFJs don't either ;) We're typically not prone to violence or rages -- it's just that, when it does happen, it can be particularly...rageful.

Ah, ENTPs are not against violence or fighting. We'd rather have it combined with intellectual battle. So say a violent real life version of chest or turning a LARP war into a real fight where you have to be quick with your wits to win.

That makes us happy and excited, probably a bit sexually aroused depending on who we're going against. (Gloomy, and Daring *Wink*)

I like roughhousing and banter -- I dislike confrontations and arguing. It's all about the mood, y'know? Don't bring any negativity to my doorstep.

I think that's a fairly general thing for INFJs

:) You know Shai likes to rough house too. You grab Daring, I'll get Shai and we can have a 'tag team' match.

That...would be interesting. And I'm sure Shai would be all up for it.

Now you've just got to convince me and Daring :D

Two strapping young men. Shai could be your partner and I'll be Daring's and it'll be kind-of an older (cuter) verse new thing. :) I'm sure it'll be great fun for both of you.

Actually it's not the fighting itself thats fascinating, but the reason behind it.

People will fight because someone told them that they are Entps or infjs or istps or ingkdls. And since they fall into that ficticious category, they believe they are not responsible for whatever they do or say, since they believe it is expected from them, as long as it is within the limits of that category. Instead, they will fight to prove that that category that someone told them they belong to is stronger that the others, at the same time incorprorating into their characters all those traits that that category represents, making them even more certain about their "abilities" and "weaknesses", even if there is a possibility that none of these were part or their original personality in the first place.

I get the feeling that we all searched for the typologies in order to find out about ourselves, and in the end, we became their slaves. But don't mind me. I'm drunk right now.
You may be drunk but you still make sense. I've always felt that a portion of this forum (and probably others) take their typology way too far. It's just a bunch of letters but people use them to excuse their somewhat ridiculous behavior.

I do and say what I do because that's me. Not because I use my Se function this or Fe function that. I am in control of what I choose to do. I call myself an INFJ because that's what I define myself as, not because that's how my typology defines me.

You may be drunk but you still make sense. I've always felt that a portion of this forum (and probably others) take their typology way too far. It's just a bunch of letters but people use them to excuse their somewhat ridiculous behavior.

agreed!

I don't really want to fight anybody, certainly not because of their type! I wasn't taking it so seriously. I was high when I made that post earlier. It seemed funny to me at the time.

I've never been in a fight. Never needed to be. There was one kid who would tease me every day and one day in the locker room he started messing with me and I shoved him against the wall. That was enough and he left me alone forever after. I felt bad about having to get physical with him. I didn't feel good about it.

Part of me thinks it'd be fun to fight, but if take a bad punch to the gut I'd probably be done with it.

I just love the idea of overcoming all odds to come out on top.

Rocky was always inspiring to me.

I'd love to box for fun, but who wins has less to do with type and more to do with skill/training/will.

heh...
fun thread

I'm blitzed out of my mind right now, and that made phenomenal sense.

I get the feeling that we all searched for the typologies in order to find out about ourselves, and in the end, we became their slaves.

There's the truth. Labels are ... (how to choose an adjective without creating a label?)... so let me say that my feeling about labels is that they move us away from (understanding), (compassion), (truth) and (happiness). I use labels all the time, but I'm not better off for them. The times when I can observe, without feeling the need to create a label are the times I am most in tune with life, the flow of everything, and feel blessed with a love for everybody.

Umm, you can't determine how well of a fighter you are simply by looking at the personality type. That's just stupid.

So, we've come to an agreement:

This is stupid

Let's have a lovefest!