INFJs Vs. ENTPs | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

INFJs Vs. ENTPs

When explaining the difference between how Ni and Fe vs Ne and Ti work to my ENTP friend, he said

"I would rather be like this because it makes more sense to me."

That's nearly the most profound thing anything anyone has said about cognitive functions, except for the fact that the comment was based solely in egotistically dismissive pride.

When explaining the difference between how Ni and Fe vs Ne and Ti work to my ENTP friend, he said

"I would rather be like this because it makes more sense to me."

That's nearly the most profound thing anything anyone has said about cognitive functions, except for the fact that the comment was based solely in egotistically dismissive pride.

Egotistical pride from an ENTP? Blasphemy! Heee.

Topic: I think you're all mad and this just a reahshing of the Ninja VS Viking debate. The trouble is, I'm not sure who's the ninja and who's the viking....

Reactions: Blind Bandit
INFJs always know what they are talking about, but have great difficulty expressing it.

ENTPs seldom know what they are talking about, but have great skill in appearing that they do.

Hehehe

I think you have that in reverse. :p ENTPs, obviously, are the one's that have great difficulty expressing what they know.

Egotistical pride from an ENTP? Blasphemy! Heee.

Topic: I think you're all mad and this just a reahshing of the Ninja VS Viking debate. The trouble is, I'm not sure who's the ninja and who's the viking....

Well, I'd be inclined to say INFJs are the ninjas and ENTPs are the vikings -- INFJs tend to be more on the DL and ENTPs tend to be much more upfront

I think you have that in reverse. :p ENTPs, obviously, are the one's that have great difficulty expressing what they know.

Yeah, but that sho' don't stop them from trying :D

D= If you want to get technical. ENTP's are Rouge Samurai, while ENTJ's and ESTP's are Vikings. ISXJ's are plain Samurais.

I don't see ENTJs being Vikings. I see them as being modern pirates.

Naw, Modern Pirates are pawns. I see them as XSFPs controlled by the ENTJ Vikings.

I dunno; ENTJs just don't seem viking-like. They're too deliberate -- they're intense enough, but too deliberate.

Roman Emperors?

More likely. Marcus Aurelius comes to mind

What makes you think that?

Which...doesn't really tell me much, but that's alright.

The reason why I said him was because my sister was interested in stoicism a while back.

Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius.

It's his life work. A philosophical book.

Oh, well that makes more sense :)

I haven't read that, obviously. I'm planning on going through the vast amount of philosophy books someday when I can truly concentrate on them

Let's just say we are talking about a developed and mature INFJ and ENTp and how they do in these situations.

Diffrences in leading styles and what is more effective in what situation
i think this depends on what kinds of scenarios the two types are leading. I think the entp will do better leading in a high pace stressful situations such as wall street or environments with constant change. However, i think infj's will do well leading too, but i feel this isn't common for infjs. i've seen some infj's that are good leaders, and those people are generally have a strong sense of self and have strong value and good rational. one of my friends wants to stop human traffikicking and she's on top of leading/organizing events. the other infj is a lawyer and she knows when and how to run a meeting/discussion better than any entp i know. i think a good leader communicates well to a broad audience, he/she can push people in the right direction, he/she can also see how people doing with the plans and change them accordingly. i think the entp naturally does the first better, sometimes the type does the second one better, but i think the infj does the last one better.

Reactions to stressful events
I'll give this to the entp, but i wonder how you deal with the emotions after the stressful event.

Depth of personal understanding
definitely infj, my type just knows people inside and out

Ability to learn
it's a toss up

Ability to adapt
depends on the person, some entps don't do this well and some do, same with the infjs

Hygine diffreances...
what? i'm confused by what you mean

Hygine diffreances...
NPs on average need to admit having worse habits than NJs on average. It's like, having lots of N is already a problem, and having no leading extroverted judging function makes it even greater problem. SPs are a bit sloppy too, but their leading S takes better care of such things overall.

Now, about INFJ / ENTP in general - they can sometimes even be mistaken for each other. (similarly INTJ and ENFP) That's because such relation shares primary function (N), if we don't count direction, and shares the top extroverted judging function - Fe, for INFJ and ENTP.

So both INFJ and ENTP are primary N-types with Fe.

Similarly, both INTJ and ENFP are primary N-types with Te.

This Fe or Te part is important, because this is mostly the way they look on the surface. Judgement is how actions and expressions are carried out. And the extroverted part of it is what gets seen.

The easiest way to differentiate ENTP and INFJ is by how serious and strong willed they are (Se vs Si). If they are "heavy", as character, more likely they are INFJ; if they are "light", more likely they are ENTP.

But it gets harder to guess, because INFJ may be in temporary light ESTP mode, and ENTP may be in temporary serious ISFJ mode. It takes some practical skills to recognize which is which, but it's not too difficult. The NJ seriousness is stronger, and the SP gregariousness is wilder; the NP lightness is truly fragile, and the SJ decisiveness is narrow-minded.

Reactions: Blind Bandit