INFJs.com | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs.com

That wouldn't necessarily happen.

I was teasing around.
I don't actually think anyone would claim your suggestion
as a hate crime. Hence the lol :)

True enough but the OP has a point, this is an INFJ forum, intended primarily to allow INFJs to communicate with others of their own type. You could get a range of perspectives on any forum, or in real life.

Perhaps there should be a section in which only INFJs can respond? *shrugs*

the idea's been thrown around a few times, and generally its been decided that its a bad idea. 1) not everyone is exactly sure what their MBTI is, 2) the accusations of "HEY! you;re not an INFJ, you just want to think you are!" would go through the roof. 3) not everyone puts an MBTI in the MBTI box. 4) deciding what goes in the forum and what doesn;t would be a disaster. 5) we want to promote a sense of acceptance, and having a VIP section does a lot to undermine that ideal.

Reactions: Bird
[quote=N

Last edited:
i have to admit i felt much of the same thing when i joined. i was even slightly enraged. i was like, wtf, where are all the infjs! and it sucked for a while before i found a bit of a place. but then, most of the people i have actually come to interact with on here happen not to be infj, and they're awesome. for example you can tell straight away by what April wrote how thoughtful she is. and also i'm pretty much totally myself here, i'm allowed to be almost as deliberately complex and difficult as i like and actually get understanding about it. i am in fact not marginalised here at all. so i don't think it's too rough really.

a number of the infjs who use this board, are also very quiet and sensitive, and they emerge more as you watch. their thoughts are all over the spectrum. not that i've really talked to many of them, but i have noticed them. if you're not into one or another of the voices here, regardless of type, forget about it, there are plenty of others to listen to.

i have thought that this board actually depends on other types to survive . i don't think this would work as a pure infj board, i think it would probably just go silent and dead. we can be both very intense and very shy. i think the other types help to moderate the extremes.

Reactions: Gaze
i have to admit i felt much of the same thing when i joined. i was even slightly enraged. i was like, wtf, where are all the infjs! and it sucked for a while before i found a bit of a place. but then, most of the people i have actually come to interact with on here happen not to be infj, and they're awesome. for example you can tell straight away by what April wrote how thoughtful she is. and also i'm pretty much totally myself here, i'm allowed to be almost as deliberately complex and difficult as i like and actually get understanding about it. i am in fact not marginalised here at all. so i don't think it's too rough really.

a number of the infjs who use this board, are also very quiet and sensitive, and they emerge more as you watch. their thoughts are all over the spectrum. not that i've really talked to many of them, but i have noticed them. if you're not into one or another of the voices here, regardless of type, forget about it, there are plenty of others to listen to.

i have thought that this board actually depends on other types to survive . i don't think this would work as a pure infj board, i think it would probably just go silent and dead. we can be both very intense and very shy. i think the other types help to moderate the extremes.

+1

If you have both INFJs and other types on one forum, you can get as many perspectives as you like. You can choose to ignore the other types, if you want (a bit rude) or take what they say along with what the INFJs say.

Everyone (not every TYPE) has a valid opinion that could be of help. Imagine if you had an issue that no INFJ here could solve, but another type could and they weren't around to help!

I like to think everyone here helps and has fun with each other regardless of type. I don't think it matters if there are no 'INFJ Only' places. I think a fair few other MBTI forums actually have a lot of other types on them, because other types want to learn about people unlike them (which I personally think is a good thing).

I've nothing for or against an INFJ sub-forum or anything. I'm just saying my thoughts...

Reactions: Gaze
I was an INFJ when I joined, and I like it here, I don't wanna leave! :m142:

Wow tear the guy apart for asking a question.

Ya but thats what this place has come to apparently.

Of all the people whom have e chimed in most have been elaborating on why they(if non-infj are here) or why they enjoy the non-INFJ. I believe I was the most blunt about it and if you really feel that this was a tear-down thread then I guess the Non-infjs should leave...

Good day

Now, now, dudes and dudettes....

Everyone is welcome here. It's a haven of sorts, and it probably wouldn't have survived without the additional push of different personality types.

It just goes to show you that you need all types to make something like this thrive. An all-INFJ board would either be someone's personal blog with one administrator (and everyone chiming in) or it wouldn't really exist. Just seems to work that way.

The reality is that implementing something of that sort is unrealistic. The best option would be to ask for INFJ's only to respond to a question you are posing.. or worse case.. ignore everyone who isnt INFJ. If that sort of thing really matters that much to you. :m125:

Theres one in the spot light, he dont look right to me, HAVE HIM UP AGAINST THE WALL!

Of all the people whom have e chimed in most have been elaborating on why they(if non-infj are here) or why they enjoy the non-INFJ. I believe I was the most blunt about it and if you really feel that this was a tear-down thread then I guess the Non-infjs should leave...

Good day

If you think I was singling you out I do not know why. I was not. If your looking to fight I will pass. If I have something to say to you I will say it and I don't so I won't.

I think a lot of you are being unreasonably harsh on a newbie who is still trying to figure things out. OP's question is a perfectly valid one. I don't feel that OP is saying "GO AWAY ALL NON-INFJs". I think he/she is just asking why the majority of members are not INFJs, and a lot of the responses seem to be "BECAUSE WE HAVE A RIGHT TO AN OPINION TOO, YA JERK!!!!" Anyway, I think the general consensus is that this board has become sort of an INFJ-nonINFJ alliance, and that it would not be the same without ALL personality types, no?

I went ahead and read every post, and only found two that could be construed as people being harsh at the OP, and I know the posters well enough to be confident that that was not their intended tone. Besides those, the harshest posts are those accusing people of being harsh.

So, I would like to know, what posts exactly do y'all think are harsh? You can say which ones in response to this message, or (more preferably) report the posts or PM me which ones. If you can;t or won't do any of those things, please refrain from making broad accusations.

p.s. this is the harshest post in this entire thread, please keep it that way.