INFJs.com | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJs.com

Hey, very awesome replies everyone! A more than half disagreed with the overall sentiment of my post. I got a few straight up agrees privately and I also got my reputation knuckles whacked for "my poor taste." All fair takes on my post. I was still a little bummed to have it taken as bad taste though...I mean jeez, I wasn't being malicious, disrespectful, or arguing for exclusion. I was putting myself out there, raising a point I knew would cause some controversy, but going for it cause that is at least one reason we come here, right?

The thread of folks who came as INFJ and subsequently changed was an interesting answer I hadn't foreseen. ENTP's trolling for INFJ ass I also hadn't anticipated. For the trifecta, I didn't expect the posts of the flavor "Everybody is special and should be treated as such"...I mean I agree, hence my wondering why the other types wouldn't flock to there very own trust tree special zone nests (i.e. <Insert type here>.com)? I feel like I am taking crazy pills :)

Also, I think I was a little ambiguous with my use of empathy...I meant the kind of empathy I could get from somebody with my same tendencies and thought structures (which I can ostensibly get best from INFJs). I think it was often taken to mean "INFJs are the best at empathy (and by extension other type are shit at it)" since the INFJ power of empathy is espoused in the literature. No, I meant the former. Of course other types can give empathy and can be great at it, and thank jesus because other types are what I have had the most access to my whole life.

I am a little frustrated but also quite pleased to be engaging in this threads exchange so far. Can I get a dia-ia-ia-lawg?

Hey, very awesome replies everyone! A more than half disagreed with the overall sentiment of my post. I got a few straight up agrees privately and I also got my reputation knuckles whacked for "my poor taste." All fair takes on my post. I was still a little bummed to have it taken as bad taste though...I mean jeez, I wasn't being malicious, disrespectful, or arguing for exclusion. I was putting myself out there, raising a point I knew would cause some controversy, but going for it cause that is at least one reason we come here, right?

The thread of folks who came as INFJ and subsequently changed was an interesting answer I hadn't foreseen. ENTP's trolling for INFJ ass I also hadn't anticipated. For the trifecta, I didn't expect the posts of the flavor "Everybody is special and should be treated as such"...I mean I agree, hence my wondering why the other types wouldn't flock to there very own trust tree special zone nests (i.e. <Insert type here>.com)? I feel like I am taking crazy pills :)

Also, I think I was a little ambiguous with my use of empathy...I meant the kind of empathy I could get from somebody with my same tendencies and thought structures (which I can ostensibly get best from INFJs). I think it was often taken to mean "INFJs are the best at empathy (and by extension other type are shit at it)" since the INFJ power of empathy is espoused in the literature. No, I meant the former. Of course other types can give empathy and can be great at it, and thank jesus because other types are what I have had the most access to my whole life.

I am a little frustrated but also quite pleased to be engaging in this threads exchange so far. Can I get a dia-ia-ia-lawg?

Don't worry about it people get over it.

And trust me ENTPs trolling for booty is seriously not as funny as it sounds. Oddly I've never seen this problem with female ENTPs (we don't have many ) but I've seen at least 4-5 males do it. I find it creepy and funny all at the same time.

We do have a more type-specific section in the INFJ Typology subforum. Posting is not restricted according to type, but the threads there are naturally geared towards comments by and about INFJs. It's also perfectly valid to request that only INFJs vote in a poll, since separation of such results provides informational value.

Even with the abundance of non-INFJs, I think the membership is nicely centered on the type. We have an INFJ-orientated culture here, which mainly attracts those who get along well with INFJs to begin with, so the diversity doesn't really hurt us.

I understand the desire to get to know other INFJs and that it would be the goal for many joining this forum. The concentration of the type allows for this while the presence of other types is never a roadblock.

And there is a lot of common ground to find here amongst the healthy diversity. I love it when all the intuitive types let intuition run free. And when all the introverts ban together under the