INFJs and fits of rage | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and fits of rage

Whoa, I think feeling types take life too seriously...:m146:
JK <3

But, yea, as an ENTp, I've never felt so strongly on something that I raged about it (excluding childhood groundings, I raged against mom and dad as a kid lol) but I generally take the passive aggressive tack, and enjoy annoying the hell out of somebody that irritates or annoys me.

If I'm really mad (this is very rare), I will insult and mock, and make people feel inadequate and stupid, but rage? Only if someone hits me or steals from me, or hurts one of my friends. I definitely don't bottle anything up. That's a good way to get an ulcer! :O

It takes a while, like others have said, until I feel rage. Then it comes out very, very cold, methodical, and scary. I don't blow up hot like a lot of people do... I blow up cold.... Frosty even. It's hard to describe, but I've never met anyone else who gets mad this way.

Irritation, on the other hand is a constant in my every day life. I get irritated, I get over it, I get irritated, I get over it - same constantly-repeating cycle. I just keep it to myself.

I get mad this way. :p

I feel the rage building far less since I lowered my expectations of other people and started laughing more at things I can't control.

I feel anger and all the usual stuff but, with me my rage is directed at myself. Like, I can be angry with another person but the rage builds as I blame myself more and more. I have to remember to stay focused on the facts and act accordingly and not take it to a whole other level.

Yes, but usually only if I have already swallowed a lot of shit and have been holding back. The snap occurs after a litany of abuses usually, and I refuse to hold it in any longer. This might confuse some people because I will snap over something minor, but I have a list of things in my head they did that I had let slide before, usually they are all items with similar behavior patterns and I know holding it in wont solve anything any more.
This combined with this:

It takes a while, like others have said, until I feel rage. Then it comes out very, very cold, methodical, and scary. I don't blow up hot like a lot of people do... I blow up cold.... Frosty even. It's hard to describe, but I've never met anyone else who gets mad this way.

Irritation, on the other hand is a constant in my every day life. I get irritated, I get over it, I get irritated, I get over it - same constantly-repeating cycle. I just keep it to myself.

Pretty much sums it up. The kicker is, you better hope I do go overboard because if I don't I will probably still hold it all against you.

I think I have been this angry twice ever. I still seriously dislike those individuals.

Bring it on! :)

This is one of my favourite INFJ features. We ENFPs enjoy loud storms, natural disasters, and raging INFJs.

p.s. i talk about the "hot" explosion. i know the "cold" and "hot" phases very well, yeah, the cold one is more dangerous... but i always believe i can melt that one too; it just never ends without mutual soul bruises in that phase.

Last edited:
As per the cold rage... people need to watch out when I'm becoming 'extremely' polite - lol! The madder I get, the more polite my words come - but the tone has an obvious steel edge to it.

(Believe me, people know when they've hit the limit with me.)

It's cool to see other people get mad like this too!

As per the cold rage... people need to watch out when I'm becoming 'extremely' polite - lol! The madder I get, the more polite my words come - but the tone has an obvious steel edge to it.

(Believe me, people know when they've hit the limit with me.)

It's cool to see other people get mad like this too!
Haha! And do you start to use more articulate language too, or is that just me?

Haha! And do you start to use more articulate language too, or is that just me?

Omg lol! Is this really common for INFJs? I thought it was just me who do this! XD

Yep. Very. Articulate. Very Measured. Very. Polite.

And here I thought I was the only one!

Like like like this.

LOL you guys sound EXACTLY like my mom, hahaha.

When I used to hear her talking to technical support, and she was getting annoyed, she would get more precise and measured the angrier she got, LOL

The worst part is when I suddenly find my self saying the most mean thing ever to this person. It's not a statement that will merely wound, it's a statement that will tear them to shreds, and leave them unable to function. I somehow have always known this very personal fact about this person, whether I realized it or not - and it comes out, even when I'm not expecting it. And it's days before I feel any remorse. Just peace. It's freaky.

And it's said so politely, non-emotionally, and almost quizzically, like how could you not know this about yourself? I think this makes it worse, because it's hard to disprove someone who is saying something so matter of fact and 'nicely.'

I think this is my very dark side though. Luckily it comes out extremely rarely - probably no more than 5 times in my whole life. And I hardly ever get mad at others on my own behalf, but on the behalf of others. Bullies have no chance with me.

Last edited:
hehe I do the polite thing too. lol

I will be passive agressive as well. Only once did I really almost snap. I started shooting these statements that no one could rebuke 'cos they are true and really really negative about that person like Moxie above.

But I generally can control it just to the passive agressive stage. At that point, I will just grab my cam and go out and shoot...the best pictures that I ever take. I tend to take good shots when I'm either angry like hell or extremely miserable.:m197:

Cold rager here, too.

One of the more pointed moments was when I threw a huge boulder of over-inflated vocabulary at one of my roommates, walked away, then sat down in the next room thinking, "What on earth do any of those words mean? I don't think I even have that level of vocabulary!"

The whole house picked on me for the next two weeks for it. Somehow, I wished I had just punched him instead.

Whoa, I think feeling types take life too seriously...:m146:
JK <3

But, yea, as an ENTp, I've never felt so strongly on something that I raged about it (excluding childhood groundings, I raged against mom and dad as a kid lol) but I generally take the passive aggressive tack, and enjoy annoying the hell out of somebody that irritates or annoys me.

If I'm really mad (this is very rare), I will insult and mock, and make people feel inadequate and stupid, but rage? Only if someone hits me or steals from me, or hurts one of my friends. I definitely don't bottle anything up. That's a good way to get an ulcer! :O

Don't JK it. It's probably somewhat true.

My friends all tease me and say I'm going to become an "asian mom".

me: But I'm kind of a slacker...
them: Yeah but you hold yourself to really high standards
me: oh. true.

I wish I didn't care so much. I have to remind myself that it's not that important. Too bad it doesn't sink in.

In the meantime, I will carry on in my hypersensitive manner.

Oh and I'm not always polite. It depends on my mood. My istj mother bugs me about this. She constantly reminds me to be aware of my sullen demeanour. I can't help it. It takes a lot of energy to be "bubbly". That is not to say that I don't care about people, because I do care. Some days, it just takes too much effort to be "polite". I feel so fake doing it.

Sugar-coating is the reason people are so dang fat anyways.

Last edited:
Yes. I can feel mine coming though, and I really have to immediately remove myself from the situation when I know it's going to get nasty.

Weird thing is, when these Rages come on, I am almost always backed into a corner by someone at least a foot taller than me and twice my weight, and the only way to get out of it is to let Instinct take over.

Weird...

I get them occasionally at my sister -- the blowing up ones, that is.

I also do the polite thing - that's usually reserved for people I'm supposed to respect, and that I would get in trouble with for yelling at. Like my mom.

I recently got mad at one of the freshmen in my dorm - it's been building for a while and it just kind of snapped. I definitely ran away rather than yell at him though, that would have been completely pointless. [me: "hey, uh...your $2000 camera has been in the lounge for a week, you might want to move it...if I had less morals I'd've stolen it by now..." him: *looks at me as if I were the stupidest person ever* "I'd just buy a new one...." he says to the girl whose entire life savings recently went into a $600 camera+lens set. I could have KILLED him.]

Yes, and I usually feel bad after that. It's like vulcan. But, luckily this burts are rare with years. But when it comes, ....buuum:)