INFJs and college | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and college

Oh that is great, makes me hopeful :) May I ask if you know what program she attended to ? ^^

I honestly don't remember. I just brefily knew her from staying afterschool in my ceramics course to keep up with the workload. And she came back the next year for a visit and proclaimed her love for the school. I want to say psycology, but I really don't remember, it has been 3 years.

Sorry to be annoying, but if people are reading this thread, could I ask that they respond to the other post I made?
I'm kind of anxious...
Again, sorry to be a pain

I honestly don't remember. I just brefily knew her from staying afterschool in my ceramics course to keep up with the workload. And she came back the next year for a visit and proclaimed her love for the school. I want to say psycology, but I really don't remember, it has been 3 years.

AAAH THAT makes me so happy haha, because I wan't psychology or neurobiology for my major or well as wished for 2 majors xD :D

FP, there's a few things to consider. 1) Everything is different in college. Rules and boundaries are now up to you - and it's up to you to figure out how you want to live your life from here on out. So for good or for ill, you'll have to either change your principles or stand firm, because I guarantee you you'll be tempted to try and do all sorts of things.

2) If it's a private school, people come from all over the US and the world. You might not get an idea of who will be there, because it's a mix of folks. Usually I've found that people "pick up" on a town's vibes. If you're surrounded by a hippie culture or a laid back culture, the school will be hippie or laid back. If it's a conservative town, bring out the hickory stick. And so on. That's not set in stone, however, because some universities take on lives of their own and create their own culture.

3. College is whatever you want it to be. You'll never be 100% prepared for it, though. It will change your life and expand your horizons. You'll probably enjoy it - but here's a thought: Don't worry about it now. If this is the place you want to go, and you've read up on the college and the culture of the college, that's all you'll know until you inevitably go.

But I think you'll enjoy it. Homesickness is normal, yes. But you'll do your growing up on campus.

Cheers!

What do you guys think about colleges using MBTI to match up roommates?
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/12/12/myersbriggs
I would love to attend a college which did that. Some argue that in college you would learn and grow more if exposed to different personalities but it seems to be a reactive implementation of conflict resolution regarding personality clashes already being a problem, rather than being a matter of redundant curiosity.

I don't think they would actually cram same types into dorms anyway unless the individuals preferred it. I don't necessarily think it would limit your experience with dealing with other types.. you have classes, clubs, and already had high school and family experience with that. Students should have a choice about the kind of people they want to live with when they've left home. There's no harm in a common agenda regarding personal space eg. no crazy dorm room party types meshed with very pronounced introverts.

What do you guys think about colleges using MBTI to match up roommates?
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/12/12/myersbriggs
I would love to attend a college which did that. Some argue that in college you would learn and grow more if exposed to different personalities but it seems to be a reactive implementation of conflict resolution regarding personality clashes already being a problem, rather than being a matter of redundant curiosity.

I don't think they would actually cram same types into dorms anyway unless the individuals preferred it. I don't necessarily think it would limit your experience with dealing with other types.. you have classes, clubs, and already had high school and family experience with that. Students should have a choice about the kind of people they want to live with when they've left home. There's no harm in a common agenda regarding personal space eg. no crazy dorm room party types meshed with very pronounced introverts.

I like the idea of it, but I think it would cause a few problems. Just because you are one type, doesn't mean you wont get along with another type. I have learned as of recently that ALOT of my friends are SP's. And I would imagine alot of infj's wouldn't get along with SP's like I seem to. It is a good keytool to help figure out how to pair people up, but it isn't fullproof.