INFJ predisposition to ethno-nationalism? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

INFJ predisposition to ethno-nationalism?

Everyone's political opinions are welcome if they aren't breaking the rules and by saying that I mean that the forum doesn't condone or is fine with racism because it tolerates two posters who don't construct posts that are racist.

I'm guilty of both sugarcoating and giving the benefit of the doubt far too often though, I agree with that.

I've come over way too strong than I wanted to, and despite some weak attempt at trying to keep names vague I've clearly started needless drama. Sorry for that.

I know how it is moderating the forum, and even leant on the side of caution a lot more often than not despite my blunt posting style.

Get with the times, there are bigger fish to fry.

Like, yeah? But I'm here on this forum, and talking about this forum, because weirdly I still kinda care about it.

If you think I'm not privy to elsewhere on the internet, or even real life, and don't call out shit when I see it, you're mistaken.

Reactions: CindyLou and Free
Where's the thumbs down button gone?

Pick one.

Either white nationalism or plain racism isn't fine, or everyone's political opinions are welcome.

Like if folk were simply right-leaning I wouldn't have a problem. In fact the fact they both make up half of the replies to their own threads I find pretty laughable. But you guys do like to sugarcoat things and give the benefit of doubt far too often, those two aren't just conservative.

And nationalism and white nationalism are the same. They come from the same place, are angry at the same things, and have the same impact.

I take issue with your last paragraph, in particular. Why dont you 'unpack' your rhetoric, and educate us all?

I take issue with your last paragraph, in particular. Why dont you 'unpack' your rhetoric, and educate us all?

I would, except your passive aggressiveness leads me to believe it would be a wasted endeavor and I'm too lazy to waste that effort.

Okay, fuck it. I can't do nice. Have fun with the thread.

tumblr_n4wbw6bmNs1skxymro1_500.gif

Reactions: Free
Okay, fuck it. I can't do nice. Have fun with the thread.

tumblr_n4wbw6bmNs1skxymro1_500.gif

The entire premise of the thread was a train wreck waiting to happen, and I'm not sure it's worth it to even have it open still. Seems like a fine candidate for the Troll Cave. It can be beneficial to let people air out their concerns though, lest that merely spill over onto other threads.

Where's the thumbs down button gone?

Oops, wrong quote.

@88chaz88

Well, I only ask because I'm a centre Nationalist, and the nationalism that I support isn't race based.

So I am the living breathing antithesis to your thesis.

But by all means, cop out.

FYi, asking questions, and doubting the validity of your rhetoric isn't passive aggressive. You just don't want to have to explain yourself... only you know why.

Last edited:
@88chaz88
Throwing labels around inaccurately is neither constructive, nor interesting.

Do you have anything constructive, or interesting to say... or are you just looking to stir a pot of shite?

Reactions: Sinny
I would, except your passive aggressiveness leads me to believe it would be a wasted endeavor and I'm too lazy to waste that effort.
Lets hear it

Reactions: acd
I always thought the common thread between INFJs was a desire for inclusiveness, promoting peace, and accepting the underdog. I think you are espousing racism which isn't going to go over well here. Maybe that is just how the generational pendulum swings though.

It's honestly a bit more mechanical than that in my opinion--something along the lines of "deconstruction of core societal values to constituent parts and favoring/acceptance thereof".

But the way I view MBTI is a little bit different from how others might.

What a load of drama. :|

But taking things seriously for a moment;

I don't think INFJs are attuned to ethnonationalism -- but I do think INFJs are well attuned to zealous pursuit of ideals.
Ethnonationalism is an ideal; too; as much as I disagree. Islamic caliphate is an ideal too. Multiculturalism is an ideal too.

without judging OP (why would I? It's useless anyway); I'd rather observe the environment such INFJ are growing up / living in other than assume there's something innate in the INFJ...as an individual, or as a group.

Worth noting is that OP seemed very upset at the idea of asians, who are some of the most ethnic nationalist people out there.

Reactions: CindyLou
It's honestly a bit more mechanical than that in my opinion--something along the lines of "deconstruction of core societal values to constituent parts and favoring/acceptance thereof".

But the way I view MBTI is a little bit different from how others might.

Please elaborate, I'd like to learn more.

Please elaborate, I'd like to learn more.

Basically, I'm not looking to make MBTI applicable to everyone, which means some people aren't going to have a type and some people might have a type but not fit it perfectly. This means that an MBTI type definition that I come up with isn't necessarily going to be based off of analyzing the behaviour of people in general, but analyzing the definitions of functions as left by certain people. The applicability of it matters less to me.

So, noting that, I'm free to use cognitive functions a fair bit more in my analysis, in particular (in my case) the function definitions left by Jung. Jung was pretty clear in defining Fe, as a function, as being about absorbing how society (or at least the part of society that the Fe user has interacted with) feels (in the sense of ethics and of taste) about certain things. For a dominant Fe user , this means making one's actions and ideas relatively similar to some version of what "people" feel (so, behaving in a way people consider to be ethical, preferring art considered to be good by most people, etc.). For an auxillary Fe user (INFJ, ISFJ), this will mean something more like finding good what society thinks is good, but not necessarily feeling the same sense of obligation to be good themselves (I think there's something in the Ni description that would suggest that too--failure to apply the Ni images, which would form how one sees the world, to oneself or something like that).

Fe is usually tempered by Ti in "the system", Ti being something I understand a little bit less but could describe as taking information and ideas, comparing them to each other, and jettisoning certain ideas that don't jive with other, stronger/more preferred ideas (so, for instance, look at objectivists and other radical libertarians, who take the two ideas of "stealing is bad" and "the government should be able to take money to pay for certain things" find the two to not make sense together, and decide that no, the government shouldn't be able to take money to pay for things). For dominant Fe users, the user of Ti is lowest, and for dominant Ti users, obviously, it's highest--aux Fe users, being tert Ti users, are going to do at lest some analysis about whether values are consistent with each other, although they'll be more inclined to try and square the circle relative to more Ti-heavy types.

But, of course, I haven't mentioned Ni--that's what makes up the "constituent parts" I was talking about. Ni in this system is how NFJs see what the core values they want to emulate are, along with how they see how things work to a large extent. The difference between it and Si is basically that Ni isn't as faithful to the original image of something, seeing a celebrity performance and thinking of a literal star, perhaps, rather than thinking of other performances. So, while an Si type might be more inclined to emulate certain values by imitating the people they view as upholding those values, an Ni type will, based on the theory at least, hold more to the spirit of the values (or, on the flip side, hold to those values even after the people holding them have been shown to be massive hypocrites, but nonetheless)

Anyway, to tie this back to the underdog for a moment, I believe the underdog is massively favored in media, and has been favored in larger culture for longer in some way (chivalrous knights defend the weak, Jesus Christ defends the weak, etc.) That means INFJs in this society will prefer people and things that defend the weak over things that don't. This should also mean a greater ability to see who's weak in a given situation (due to Ni flexibility about the exact image), but it can be a double-edged sword, because the weakness of the person's group to the society's group looks physically real to them.

I recognize my ideas probably are flawed at this point, and that's partially because I made a commitment not to focus too much on typology. But, here they are. :p Take what you like.

Reactions: Gaze and t5juyt
Basically, I'm not looking to make MBTI applicable to everyone, which means some people aren't going to have a type and some people might have a type but not fit it perfectly. This means that an MBTI type definition that I come up with isn't necessarily going to be based off of analyzing the behaviour of people in general, but analyzing the definitions of functions as left by certain people. The applicability of it matters less to me.

So, noting that, I'm free to use cognitive functions a fair bit more in my analysis, in particular (in my case) the function definitions left by Jung. Jung was pretty clear in defining Fe, as a function, as being about absorbing how society (or at least the part of society that the Fe user has interacted with) feels (in the sense of ethics and of taste) about certain things. For a dominant Fe user , this means making one's actions and ideas relatively similar to some version of what "people" feel (so, behaving in a way people consider to be ethical, preferring art considered to be good by most people, etc.). For an auxillary Fe user (INFJ, ISFJ), this will mean something more like finding good what society thinks is good, but not necessarily feeling the same sense of obligation to be good themselves (I think there's something in the Ni description that would suggest that too--failure to apply the Ni images, which would form how one sees the world, to oneself or something like that).

Fe is usually tempered by Ti in "the system", Ti being something I understand a little bit less but could describe as taking information and ideas, comparing them to each other, and jettisoning certain ideas that don't jive with other, stronger/more preferred ideas (so, for instance, look at objectivists and other radical libertarians, who take the two ideas of "stealing is bad" and "the government should be able to take money to pay for certain things" find the two to not make sense together, and decide that no, the government shouldn't be able to take money to pay for things). For dominant Fe users, the user of Ti is lowest, and for dominant Ti users, obviously, it's highest--aux Fe users, being tert Ti users, are going to do at lest some analysis about whether values are consistent with each other, although they'll be more inclined to try and square the circle relative to more Ti-heavy types.

But, of course, I haven't mentioned Ni--that's what makes up the "constituent parts" I was talking about. Ni in this system is how NFJs see what the core values they want to emulate are, along with how they see how things work to a large extent. The difference between it and Si is basically that Ni isn't as faithful to the original image of something, seeing a celebrity performance and thinking of a literal star, perhaps, rather than thinking of other performances. So, while an Si type might be more inclined to emulate certain values by imitating the people they view as upholding those values, an Ni type will, based on the theory at least, hold more to the spirit of the values (or, on the flip side, hold to those values even after the people holding them have been shown to be massive hypocrites, but nonetheless)

Anyway, to tie this back to the underdog for a moment, I believe the underdog is massively favored in media, and has been favored in larger culture for longer in some way (chivalrous knights defend the weak, Jesus Christ defends the weak, etc.) That means INFJs in this society will prefer people and things that defend the weak over things that don't. This should also mean a greater ability to see who's weak in a given situation (due to Ni flexibility about the exact image), but it can be a double-edged sword, because the weakness of the person's group to the society's group looks physically real to them.

I recognize my ideas probably are flawed at this point, and that's partially because I made a commitment not to focus too much on typology. But, here they are. :p Take what you like.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading that, though I'll probably have to give it a few more readings to more fully absorb it.

The entire premise of the thread was a train wreck waiting to happen, and I'm not sure it's worth it to even have it open still. Seems like a fine candidate for the Troll Cave. It can be beneficial to let people air out their concerns though, lest that merely spill over onto other threads.
Then this thread needs some sloe djinn just in case!
You're welcome everybody.

Edit: I do kind of wonder if this dude would have created some kind of anime vs non-anime singularity event with elegant winter...

Reactions: acd, hush and Free
There is nothing moral, nothing clever and nothing empathic in segregation/racism/nazism....I'm getting angry. Infjs with a sound mind would never even consider that "race" could be better or worse than the other. Even IF emapthy was out of the picture, it's not a part of a logical or a smart mind. Hitler could have been infj sure, but also a deeply narcisistic, sick, illogic, sadist with severe schizofrenia.
Never do the misstake of making individuals into groups, that's the same theory that idiots/nazis goes by. As an Infj I'm offended. Think, make Sherlock proud.

Reactions: t5juyt and Gaze