INFJ predisposition to ethno-nationalism? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

INFJ predisposition to ethno-nationalism?

True INFJ.
Fe wants harmony... aka conformity that's not something I'm interested in because it's stagnant and resists improvement... it's fundamentally conservative, despite token gestures for token minorities.

Devil's advocate?
Underdog sponsor?
Taking your own vulnerability, placing it in others, and protecting it there?

Anyway, I would have liked to have witnessed the OP attempt to properly rationalise his feelings (impossible?)

Then to see if our *rational opinions would have caused him to review/amend his.

Moral crusaders always take the fun out things :(

I think if the subject is remotely controversial, you sensitive types should just naturally not involve yourselves.

:p
I think the goal is usually to work at getting the raw emotion expressed without rationalisations.

I like that it's the same term used for extracting milk.... you want to milk the destructive emotions dry, so you can see the true person in a more natural state.

The concept of raw emotion is foreign to me. I just want raw data, lol.

It's hard to get at when people are emotional.

Nah, you just brute force your way to "it".. like your milking analogy, I'd have just milked all the emotion out of him, then what you are left with is data.

He would eventually have to concede (unless he possesses some new objective revelations which none of us are aware of) that his thoughts and feelings are irrational.

I blame @the , he was all with the "Your maniacal, genocidal opinion will not be tolerated here, brace yourself for a shit storm" :p

Don't scare people away UNTIL you've had your fun with 'em !

Nah, you just brute force your way to "it".. like your milking analogy, I'd have just milked all the emotion out of him, then what you are left with is data.

He would eventually have to concede (unless he possesses some new objective revelations which none of us are aware of) that his thoughts and feelings are irrational.

I blame @the , he was all with the "Your maniacal, genocidal opinion will not be tolerated, brace yourself forva shit storm" :p
Meh fuck him (but I'm not assuming gender here!)

I'm not qualified to give instructions on emotions, however I can see the inconsistencies they bring into emotional lives.

I would have thought that introverted thinkers would seek consistency in how tolerance is dispensed: either one is tolerant of diversity, or one is not.

I'm ambivalent about people's tolerance levels because tolerance is a passive disposition, and isn't as important as good manners and equity of treatment in one's active engagement.

I don't understand how the dynamic functions (like it happened here) that tolerance is the motto for condemnation.

I'm guessing that emotion was the driver of dispensing with cherryhead... but it wasn't explicit. What was explicit was a contradictory message: we do not tolerate intolerance.

I think it would have made more sense to say: we hate white nationalists.

I don't understand the apparent reluctance to express the emotion, and the comfort (indeed almost gleeful comfort) with expressing self contradiction.

As an non-empathic community member, it makes it so difficult to understand what triggers you all occasionally, because you all don't communicate the feeling, and the reasoning that is communicated doesn't make sense.

That's why I object to your saying that you're happy to be part of a community that is intolerant of intolerant individuals. Not everyone here cares whether people are intolerant... I for one don't care that many of you are intolerant. I just can't understand what is driving it.

Consistency has no inherent moral value in complex moral situations, such as the actions of hatred in society.

The type of society that I (for many reasons) believe in contributing to practices a duty of care towards protecting diverse people from discrimination, bullying, violence, oppression.

It is the intolerant and hate filled person who refuses to engage in any form of discourse exchange with diversity. They refuse to acknowledge the equality to right of participation of alternative human voices in society. That decision to entirely disengage belongs to that person only. They effectively deny their own participation in social exchange with others. The OP in this thread showed themselves to be implacable in this respect.

I responded to the OP to the best of my abilities and on the basis of what they sought to discover.

I understand that you and I disagree about this and I am comfortable with that.

I'd rather have the racists openly amongst us, so we know who they are.

If they are oppressed (in opinion - but I'm not including action in this hypothesis) then they just got back to anonymity, where are not so easily counted.

A dirty thing it is, 'taboo'.

Look where 'taboo' has gotten us with paedophiles, now they rule the world from behind the scenes.

#ElitePaedophillia (a discussion for another time - save for my point, lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flavus Aquila
No, I am nothing like you at all, my journey has been the opposite to yours. My journey has been towards diversity, acceptance and harmony. What you are describing isn't harmony, it's the opposite of harmony.

The idea of a white race is sheer nonsense to me. I have no idea how it can be possible to define such a race or its limits.

I am not able to conceive of the value of preserving whiteness. I see this as "fear of miscegenation" and it fills me with emotions of revulsion.

I think that a better time in history is an illusion. There were always dreadfully poor and disenfranchised white people. There were also black people in slavery. An organisation of society that is supported by slavery is not worth preserving. The cost soils everything.

Art made by white people is flourishing like at no time before in history, with more people making more different types of art than ever before. This rich variety is because of intellectual openness to diversity. It is not because of some static white exclusivity.

To me you appear to be deeply hate filled and embittered, and also fearful of the inherently chaotic nature of human existence.

I hope this gives you some insight into how another INFJ experiences life.
Agreed...

Reactions: Gaze, the and Free
...It is the intolerant and hate filled person who refuses to engage in any form of discourse exchange with diversity. They refuse to acknowledge the equality to right of participation of alternative human voices in society. That decision to entirely disengage belongs to that person only. They effectively deny their own participation in social exchange with others. The OP in this thread showed themselves to be implacable in this respect.
This is not meant to be a cheeky cheap shot, but is said with sober seriousness:
The above text describes yourself and your behavior when you encountered a newbie trying to take back a misguided post containing opinions diverse from your own.

Are you certain the intolerance and hatred was coming from cherryhead and not from you? (Projection).

This is not meant to be a cheeky cheap shot, but is said with sober seriousness:
The above text describes yourself and your behavior when you encountered a newbie trying to take back a misguided post containing opinions diverse from your own.

Are you certain the intolerance and hatred was coming from cherryhead and not from you? (Projection).

No, the above text was my response to later developments than that. Hope this clears it up. And yes, I am certain that the hatred and intolerance was coming from the OP and not me.

giphy.gif