with an excuse. As scavengers we are programmed
subconsciously to eat everything that we have
because we don't know when we're going to get
our next meal.
I guess this also means in the grand scheme of things
you're more barbaric and less civilized unable to
ignore animal instincts. Oh society, how thou art
shaping our most primal of worries.

Haha this is awesome. Fuck society, trying to change nature...

Urges should neither be ignored nor indulged. The key is to learn to
redirect them towards productive means. Society works so well simply
because it evolved (as does everything!) so that it could be naturally
sustained through the natural urges of its members. Society falls apart
when its means of survival goes contrary towards natural desire.

This will happen soon enough.

PREPARE THE TROOPS, GLAUCON!

I have had this issue, and for me it is also about escapism.

I've experimented with a lot of different substances and used some regularly in high school/college but never to the point of abuse. There are a few drugs I could have tried but stayed away from (rec use of prescription pain med, heroine, meth, crack etc) because I wasn't willing to take the risk of becoming addicted, which I think is pretty high for those drugs. I've always thought occasional or situational use of drugs/alcohol is best, if you're going to use them in the first place.

Same here.

"I have learnt everything you can know about drugs, and I have
understood it all, and my summary is drugs are expensive."

Substance abuse is a complex thing, and you're more likely to do it if you have higher anxiety levels, but that is no guarantee.

I'm so controlled :)

To be honest, I think substance abuse can occur with any type, and any type could be addicted to any substance (it's not usually type, it's usually experiences plus brain chemistry that sets it up).

Although, I do remember seeing a study ages ago that talked about the prevalence of certain types for certain drugs, due to those types' prevalence towards certain patterns of behaviors: http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/j3huber.html. It's a small study, but it may help a bit.

If nothing else, @Lisbeth, know that everyone has issues, and those issues aren't necessarily in chemical or liquid form. Just as many people are addicted to food, sex, shopping, gambling, and the like...and those addictions can be just as deadly to the psyche.

It's all about finding what works to stay clean & sober, IMO, and finding a group you feel comfortable with to keep you from using your old outlets.

Well this is kind of a touchy subject, but I will tell inform you of my personal experience, since you seem interested, and if it can help you in any way, then feel free to ask questions.

Well.... throughout my teenage years, I was heavily abusing the 'love drug'(ecstasy) as a way to feel normal. All of my peers were very social and since I knew none of them, I thought that I would find friends in the rave scene. I must have spent 6 years going back and forward with substance abuse... I am about to be 22 and I finally have 3 years clean, but it took something extreme to get me to want to get better. I guess that I was lucky, but for all the INFJ's and INTJ's who have suffered with an addiction, I'm sorry. It seems that some infjs are more likely to develop unhealthy behavioral patterns for the simple fact that our world is internal, not external.

It has been very easy the past 3 years, but I have fully accepted who I am and that was something that I struggled with a long time... I was always a more feminine guy, I guess you could say. I was always caring and gentle to people and people usually only came to talk to me if they had a problem in their life.... it seemed that I was just the girly guy that people went to for advice, but I seriously love it now!

I feel so free and of course, I get along better with girls but that's a good thing because I have met some nice ones and had a girlfriend for about 4 years, so I don't know why it bothered me so much while I was a teen.

Now, it is a gift because I love helping people more than before.

Reactions: Scientia
Dude, I just took the personality test & everything I read was spot on! I had my first black out drunk at 5 years old and fooled around with booze until I was 14 and found weed. From 14 to 18 was strictly weed & booze until I was sent to an NA meeting for the time, which was ok.. I wasn't going to admit I was an addict, but was ok using it for emotional support & did so until I felt unconnected with what was working for me and got ahold of benzos & opiates. I fooled around with now my booze, weed & pill addiction for a year, tried acid once and later found methamphetamine. I finally found a CAUSE, something I need in my life according to the personality test, which makes since looking back on my life. My meth use fucked my life up. I thought is was great, I felt normal on dope. Calm, collected, could function on a day to day basis and made my reclusiveness even better, but I pushed everyone and everything I gave a shit about away, which took away my cause to help people out. I didn't take long to burn out, contemplating eating a bullet. I liked to carry guns when I was getting high, which was crazy but that was me. I ended up in the state but house. Upon my release my mother told me treatment or be homeless, so now I'm a little under a month off of meth, booze and any other mind altering substance as of 3-27-2017, going to treatment full time @ 20 years old, trying to find who Austin is! Taking this test has helped me understand me so much more and I'm excited to learn and grow! That is a little bit of my story for ya!

Dude, I just took the personality test & everything I read was spot on! I had my first black out drunk at 5 years old and fooled around with booze until I was 14 and found weed. From 14 to 18 was strictly weed & booze until I was sent to an NA meeting for the time, which was ok.. I wasn't going to admit I was an addict, but was ok using it for emotional support & did so until I felt unconnected with what was working for me and got ahold of benzos & opiates. I fooled around with now my booze, weed & pill addiction for a year, tried acid once and later found methamphetamine. I finally found a CAUSE, something I need in my life according to the personality test, which makes since looking back on my life. My meth use fucked my life up. I thought is was great, I felt normal on dope. Calm, collected, could function on a day to day basis and made my reclusiveness even better, but I pushed everyone and everything I gave a shit about away, which took away my cause to help people out. I didn't take long to burn out, contemplating eating a bullet. I liked to carry guns when I was getting high, which was crazy but that was me. I ended up in the state but house. Upon my release my mother told me treatment or be homeless, so now I'm a little under a month off of meth, booze and any other mind altering substance as of 3-27-2017, going to treatment full time @ 20 years old, trying to find who Austin is! Taking this test has helped me understand me so much more and I'm excited to learn and grow! That is a little bit of my story for ya!

Congrats man. One day at a time.

What is the matter with Kansas you? Let us hope that it is stabilizing.

What is wrong with me? What the fuck is wrong with you?! This is a forum to talk about this shit we deal with on daily basis, not for people to judge and ask stupid fucking questions. Get out of here!