Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 10-15

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • 15-20

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 13 6.5%

• Total voters
I admitted nothing before that post! So the statement still stands!

YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!

D8<
ORLY?!
*Whips out detective hat*

YA RLY! D8<

Now I'm going to school, ociffer!

WOAH.
Me too.
OFF TO HAPPY PHYSICS LAB.

I assumed intercourse in the post, including oral. (some people tend to not count that)

As far as sexual experimentation as a kid. I was not including 'I'll show you yours if you show me mine' sort of kid activities.

This whole mental evaluation was spawned with that stupid psych evaluation that 10-12 partners for men in NA is average and 7-9 for women. Averages and meridians are just not that useful in the end. I find it much more useful to see without the extreme high numbers skewing results.

Err and excuse my sometimes overly verbose explanations. I get that way from time to time. Especially when discussing old insecurities. ;)
I find a lot of my previous partners have been when I was more of a party animal. It tends to be easier to get laid when alcohol and drugs are involved. It's probably why the NA average is so high. Also: Its probably a mean value, which is quite easy to skew -- when compared to statistical methods such as calculating the median value or box plotting.

Last edited:
Hmm good point on the stats collection Zero.

And Milon the type of connection that is preferred may indeed have no small effect on it I agree. My curiosity stemmed from feeling different than everyone I knew while growing up. I always found it extremely easy to slip into self-judgement.

INFJ and number of sex partners?

So this is a lifetime number and not the number of partners at any one time? If it's lifetime, my number is going to skew things, I guess, or I am at least atypical. The reason it's so high is my generation was the "free love" generation and even open marriage was something of a fad. Add to that suffering from mania--with its impulsivity and hypersexuality--much of my 20s, and there you have it.

I have a friend who came of age about the same time I did and admits to over 300 partners during his lifetime. He doesn't brag about it, but neither is he ashamed. Of course he's not an INFJ either.

INFJ and number of sex partners?

No gloomy, he didn't, I have a confession to make...

Well, at least you're honest, even if you're not silent. Heehee

Well I was kidding, at my age if I had one that'd say something, interestingly enough I know several people who grew up in the free love era, and Man do they have some wild stories, I mean now a days you hear a friend tell you about his halfassed plan to sleep with someone over the weekend with the help of various substances and he'd probably come back the next week either keeping his mouth shut about it, because he failed, or he'd be successful and tell his friends, however, the story is usually lame.

People in they're late 30s through early 50s however, is oddly where you find the good stuff, the true artist, I know two ENFJ woman who could talk your ear off about the sexual experiences they've had. (Which I am not stupid enough to bring up here). Lets say they worked double overtime to obtain a high partner count. :wink:

I wish I would have been this age in the 60's; sure, there was a lot of social unrest, but I would have been a hippie to be proud of.

I would prefer the Seventies actually... both decades however were full of debauchery!

Also they probably set us up for AIDs, but still....DEBAUCHERY!

Oh, it's not just the debauchery; I would have loved the idealism, the traveling and exploring, the experimentation, the "sticking it to the man

Even with AIDS, we could just live like Rent :D Okay, maybe not, that would suck majorly, but still...

Did anyone else notice just how boring our generation is compared to those times?

Every Generation has a disease, not a physical ailment, but a disease none the less, if the disease of the Seventies was careless excess, the eighties was lack of real depth, and the nineties was apathy, then ours is the disease of fear, the fear to live.