I Like Pure and Calm Guys/Innocent Romance | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

I Like Pure and Calm Guys/Innocent Romance

ISFP? Hm
Every ISFP I have known was VERY calm. And only got excited in very small, cute ways.
And they are totally loveable and cuddly, with the thinnest outer shell EVER- they put up a tough front but it is SSSOOOO easy to see through.
SO cute. ^_^ But don't think I'd date one- rather keep one as a pet.

lol! Yes he would make an awesome pet.
Actually I used to feed him all the time.
(and make clothes for him even!)

I wonder if INxx type of calm is different from ISxx type of calm...
He is fairly level-headed but quick to get irritated/assume..so it comes off to me as not calm
And he doesn't speak quietly (not in an INFJ muffled kind of way anyway). It's very clear and he's not shy..but blushes easily! One of his perks. And the way he moves is very obvious too. Seems very energetic (another non-calm thing). I agree, very tough front but very transparent..which is why I probably ended up liking him (and thought I could fix him). Also the first time I witnessed strong introvert behaviour, like meeting long lost family.. I could understand him when his mood changed. Times when he was around people, he'd be all grouchy the next moment.. I felt maybe even he didn't know what he was at the time.

lol! Yes he would make an awesome pet.
Actually I used to feed him all the time.
(and make clothes for him even!)

I wonder if INxx type of calm is different from ISxx type of calm...
He is fairly level-headed but quick to get irritated/assume..so it comes off to me as not calm
And he doesn't speak quietly (not in an INFJ muffled kind of way anyway). It's very clear and he's not shy..but blushes easily! One of his perks. And the way he moves is very obvious too. Seems very energetic (another non-calm thing). I agree, very tough front but very transparent..which is why I probably ended up liking him (and thought I could fix him). Also the first time I witnessed strong introvert behaviour, like meeting long lost family.. I could understand him when his mood changed. Times when he was around people, he'd be all grouchy the next moment.. I felt maybe even he didn't know what he was at the time.

Hahaha. Sounds like he was your puppy. ^_^
I actually call my ISTP friend my puppy. Because I feed him and scratch his back. lol

Ya know, interesting theory, I bet INXX calm IS different from ISXX calm- because sensors live in the moment and intuitives live in the past and future. Sensors are probably much more...direct? And SPs are quite spontaneous and and physical, so yeah. :)
But of course FJs and TPs are expressive and less calm than FPs and TJs. (extroverted emotions)
The ISFPs I know speak quietly and are quite shy. Hm...
Lol, yes, the tough front and mushy inside is quite lovable. :)

I have an ISTJ friend, but he's not cute at all XD He reminds me of my brother in law (I think they're the same type), which basically means he's a little pretentious and a bit of a know-it-all.
I doubt all ISTJs are like that, it's completely bizarre that the two I met are like that.
My IN/SFP friends aren't cute either. They seem to find me the cute one =.= (one keeps calling me fuzzy). They're great people, but definitely not cute.

I suppose it depends on how you see their characteristics. Ahh, once again it's all down to perspective D:

I have an ISTJ friend, but he's not cute at all XD He reminds me of my brother in law (I think they're the same type), which basically means he's a little pretentious and a bit of a know-it-all.
I doubt all ISTJs are like that, it's completely bizarre that the two I met are like that.
My IN/SFP friends aren't cute either. They seem to find me the cute one =.= (one keeps calling me fuzzy). They're great people, but definitely not cute.

I suppose it depends on how you see their characteristics. Ahh, once again it's all down to perspective D:

or perhaps they are physically not attractive?

Also the ISFPs that I know are female.

or perhaps they are physically not attractive?

Also the ISFPs that I know are female.
Naw, they look fine :) I think it's their feel that's not appealing.
(Oh, this is as bad as the other night when I was trying to explain why I wasn't fond of Led Zeplin ;.; )

Naw, they look fine :) I think it's their feel that's not appealing.
(Oh, this is as bad as the other night when I was trying to explain why I wasn't fond of Led Zeplin ;.; )

You don't like Led Zeppelin?

Blasphemy! ಠ_ಠ

INFJ males and INFJ females have noticeable differences actually. Males have stronger Ti and females have stronger Fe. We also use our functions for different things and in different ways. The thing that makes us so compatible is that despite these differences, we always 'get each other', and can see how and why we come to the conclusions and actions that we do with little more than a short explanation. It's amazing to be in tune with someone like that.

Careful with your assumptions...

Quick Question.

I apologise if this has already been brought up and answered, I am at work and didn't want to waste time. (please quote this post to reply, so I can find it easier and read reply)

How do you mean "Innocent Romance"? By which I mean that all romantic relationships are by nature a passionate, even if cooly passionate, affair in which one partner, or both, is seducing the other partner. To not be interested in a sexual relationship with the partner is to not be interested in the partner beyond the bounds of friendship.

Could you please clarify that for my understanding?

Quick Question.

I apologise if this has already been brought up and answered, I am at work and didn't want to waste time. (please quote this post to reply, so I can find it easier and read reply)

How do you mean "Innocent Romance"? By which I mean that all romantic relationships are by nature a passionate, even if cooly passionate, affair in which one partner, or both, is seducing the other partner. To not be interested in a sexual relationship with the partner is to not be interested in the partner beyond the bounds of friendship.

Could you please clarify that for my understanding?

Not really, I can be interested in a guy non-sexually but I'd want him to be my boyfriend. It's just really caring towards each other and being able to love the other person no matter what happens...I guess this is "real friendship" to some people, but that's love to me, and labels don't matter.

I think sometimes sex can be a way to make it deeper

Well yes, I have run into this, too (unfortunately). Ladies might respond to kindness and calmness but have no idea the inner reasons/forces that allow these things to exist. They may be attracted to a certain outer docility, but I maintain those who are truly calm and pure (by choice) are a real dynamo on the inside and sometimes folks are just not prepared to handle that. The inner forces that motivate an INFJ are very hard to tame....one might be better off just exploring ways to enjoy it all.

Yup,

I have been told there are many sides to me, and I am hard to figure out. Odd to me, because I think I'm simple enough to decifer in a way...

Yup,

I have been told there are many sides to me, and I am hard to figure out. Odd to me, because I think I'm simple enough to decifer in a way...

I also second this notion, I think I am not all that complicated but everyone seems to think otherwise.

This thread is the ultimate asexual relationship.

pure/innocent guys also make me melt immediately...
It makes me want to love them and protect that part of them from the way the world is.

To me at least, being pure/innocent is a mindset/attitude that determines how you react to and integrate accumulated knowledge and experience, rather than simply the accumulation in itself. If a person is incapable of maintaining this mindset entirely on their own, then no amount of 'protection' will ultimately do them any good. That said, if a person wants to have this sort of relationship with someone who would need protection in order to keep that innocence, then it could very easily end on a bad note.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good point eric- i've always been aware of that and just to clarify I don't like babies LOL. The types I'm talking about are pure but they are self aware and know how to protect it... That alone is really attractive because it shows that they are strong, are sharp, and have a good sense of moral judgement. But the reason why I want to protect guys like that is because i'm the same way--- I know it's hard to live in this society if you are... I want to hold their hand and walk together if you know what I mean...