I Like Pure and Calm Guys/Innocent Romance | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I Like Pure and Calm Guys/Innocent Romance

This is why I dislike INTP's. Everyone says they are acting like a jerk and they say that the problem isn't them its everyone else.

On Edit: EVERY INTP I've ever met has had this problem :(

I would argue that a well balanced INTP would realize that this is constantly open to interpretation or analysis since there are no absolutes. However, INTP's may argue something they don't necesarily believe in order to understand that potential perspective. When they lack effective communication skills this can become extremely frustrating.

I would argue that a well balanced INTP would realize that this is constantly open to interpretation or analysis since there are no absolutes. However, INTP's may argue something they don't necesarily believe in order to understand that potential perspective. When they lack effective communication skills this can become extremely frustrating.
You don't need to understand INTPs. It's so much easier to hate them XD

[o_q];220925 said:
You don't need to understand INTPs. It's so much easier to hate them XD
I don't find any reasons to hate people who don't want to be understood and/or generally have an ounce of shame.

Actually, give me any reasons to give them any kind of attention at all XD

The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference.

That said, *shrugs*

:m176: balloons?

Last edited:
I don't find any reasons to hate people who don't want to be understood and/or generally have an ounce of shame.

Actually, give me any reasons to give them any kind of attention at all XD

The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference.

That said, *shrugs*

:m176: balloons?
Yeah, we don't deserve your hate XD

Oh wow, I did not see my thread heading in the direction it took at all o_O. And as for your question, I have no idea how you came up with something like that, but the answer would be extremely "no." To me, the type of guys I've described are the types I really like, and who are the "best" in my value system. I wouldn't even pay an ounce of attention to the type of guys who might be really "cool" to other people. I don't want a badass goodlooking motorcycle riding gangster, or whatever types of guys are popular. I don't think they're even worthy as possible bf-material, lol. I'm really picky, and how I think about the type of guys I like has nothing to do withwhat I "can" get.

Also, I didn't say anything about telling somone to wait 3-4 years for me o_O I'm saying that's how long it takes me to fall in love with them if we're best friends.

Anyways...

Are you just trolling now? If you are, you're a pretty bad troll, to be completely and totally honest =)

Oh wow, I did not see my thread heading in the direction it took at all o_O. And as for your question, I have no idea how you came up with something like that, but the answer would be extremely "no." To me, the type of guys I've described are the types I really like, and who are the "best" in my value system. I wouldn't even pay an ounce of attention to the type of guys who might be really "cool" to other people. I don't want a badass goodlooking motorcycle riding gangster, or whatever types of guys are popular. I don't think they're even worthy as possible bf-material, lol. I'm really picky, and how I think about the type of guys I like has nothing to do withwhat I "can" get.

Also, I didn't say anything about telling somone to wait 3-4 years for me o_O I'm saying that's how long it takes me to fall in love with them if we're best friends.

Anyways...

haha. Yeah...I just checked back in with this thread and thought 'How did this thread turn into a discussion of hating INTPs?"

So, I'm thinking that the type of guy you would like might be an INFP. Yes? Am I right? Or MAYBE INTJ. Hm???

haha. Yeah...I just checked back in with this thread and thought 'How did this thread turn into a discussion of hating INTPs?"

Simple. An INTP pulled the usual Ti dominant nonsense where they feel inclined to say whatever pops into their head and then expect no one to be offended by it because they are being sincere, and they feel that sincerity is more important than anyone else's feelings... until someone says something to upset them, at which point they turn the whole thing into a verbal battle. We've all seen it time and time again.

Unfortunately, there is no known treatment for being an INTP. Won't you donate to help find a cure?

So, I'm thinking that the type of guy you would like might be an INFP. Yes? Am I right? Or MAYBE INTJ. Hm???

I'd say INFP, INFJ, INTJ, or possibly ISTP. Most of my ISTP guy friends would fit this bill fairly well, yet having a bit of a 'manly' streak that some women find appealing.

Obviously not an INTP.

Simple. An INTP pulled the usual Ti dominant nonsense where they feel inclined to say whatever pops into their head and then expect no one to be offended by it because they are being sincere, and they feel that sincerity is more important than anyone else's feelings... until someone says something to upset them, at which point they turn the whole thing into a verbal battle. We've all seen it time and time again.

Unfortunately, there is no known treatment for being an INTP. Won't you donate to help find a cure?

I've already donated so much and seen no progress! D;

I'd say INFP, INFJ, INTJ, or possibly ISTP. Most of my ISTP guy friends would fit this bill fairly well, yet having a bit of a 'manly' streak that some women find appealing.

Obviously not an INTP.

Sadly I've never met an INFJ guy in real life. I want to meet my male counterpart!!! :m033:

Oh yeah ISTP guys= drool-worthy

I'm the kind of person who falls in love with their best friends too. :)
Since the first nine months or so in a relationship is infatuation, that's why a lot of them fail- because that's all their relationship has that draw for each other like two love sick puppies. But if a relationship is based on friendship and love, then they have a fighting chance at making it. My opinion, anyway. :D

I'm not too familiar with "P" types...I mean, I'm sure I do know them, but I don't know they're INFPs cuz I'm not sure how they act xD. My best friend in the past who I still love as a friend is an INFJ, I'm pretty sure. He was actually sorta balanced in F/T but still leaning towards F more... My best friend now is an INTJ, or at least that's what he tested as. My dad is also an INTJ though, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone like my dad...but then again that could be biased since he's my dad LOL.

I don't know about two INFJs being together though. They'd both understand each other, give each other what they want and stuff, but it seems almost too perfect of a match.

I've known one ISTJ who was pretty much harsh and direct to the point [lol] but not an ISTP o_O

I don't know about two INFJs being together though. They'd both understand each other, give each other what they want and stuff, but it seems almost too perfect of a match.

It's blissful, aside from the very rare clashes over issues that are important to us - like social causes or religion. My INFJ and I only ever had 3 fights in all the years we were together, and they all went like this... we got mad because the one of us didn't accept things that were important to the other, didn't say anything, went in different rooms or got in the car and went for a drive, then called each other 10 to 30 minutes later saying that the issue wasn't worth losing what we had. Other than that we were in close to perfect harmony the whole time. Only a few phases of feeling like we were in a bit of a rut, but even then we were happier than any of the other couples we knew.

I love Arizona. I'll stop by next time I'm out that way.

Heck yes! I'll make you dinner! :D Haha.

I'm the kind of person who falls in love with their best friends too. :)
Since the first nine months or so in a relationship is infatuation, that's why a lot of them fail- because that's all their relationship has that draw for each other like two love sick puppies. But if a relationship is based on friendship and love, then they have a fighting chance at making it. My opinion, anyway. :D

Agreed.

I'm not too familiar with "P" types...I mean, I'm sure I do know them, but I don't know they're INFPs cuz I'm not sure how they act xD. My best friend in the past who I still love as a friend is an INFJ, I'm pretty sure. He was actually sorta balanced in F/T but still leaning towards F more... My best friend now is an INTJ, or at least that's what he tested as. My dad is also an INTJ though, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone like my dad...but then again that could be biased since he's my dad LOL.

I've known one ISTJ who was pretty much harsh and direct to the point [lol] but not an ISTP o_O

Ah, yes, the elusive ISTP...I've recently (in the past couple months) have become very close with a male ISTP- and he's amazing. :)

It's blissful, aside from the very rare clashes over issues that are important to us - like social causes or religion. My INFJ and I only ever had 3 fights in all the years we were together, and they all went like this... we got mad because the one of us didn't accept things that were important to the other, didn't say anything, went in different rooms or got in the car and went for a drive, then called each other 10 to 30 minutes later saying that the issue wasn't worth losing what we had. Other than that we were in close to perfect harmony the whole time. Only a few phases of feeling like we were in a bit of a rut, but even then we were happier than any of the other couples we knew.

See, now I also thought that two INFJs wouldn't work, and I figured the difference in values/opinions would be part of it. But I also thought that, well, for me, I don't like being in a relationship with someone who is a lot like me, because I like when we have different strengths so we can learn from each other, and... I like to be special, haha. However...I've also noticed that I have had happier and less argumentative relationships with people who are more like me. (I dated an ESTP- and that was a long, drawn-out, disaster, and I dated an ENFP, and I dated an INTP- and I think the INTP was actually my fave...except she was insane...)
But ANYWHO, I can understand how it would work between two INFJs because I was reading recently about what statistically makes for a healthy marriage and a huge part of it is similarity (and the book listed the 50 most important similarities) and so it makes sense. :)

I liked an ISFP before
an attraction that blew me out of the water. Who knew !
So unexpected

And I would say he is pure too, especially deep down
and an extreme introvert..but interestingly, not very calm, which is why I was surprised
Impulsive, chaotic/moody, and very assuming..

He's gone now but I sometimes wonder if something had 'happened,' that I would go along with it
or would I have said no?
He's a difficult person but that soft spot makes my eyes blurry
and sometimes I think I would go through the hardship of beating those walls down. Sometimes I think you can soften up a difficult person

And then I wonder if that personality of his is built in permanent.. and that's it more something to accept than soften up.

I was reading recently about what statistically makes for a healthy marriage and a huge part of it is similarity (and the book listed the 50 most important similarities)

What is the title of this book? :)

Heck yes! I'll make you dinner! :D Haha.

Give me your address and send pictures (of the dinner, hehe)

I don't like being in a relationship with someone who is a lot like me, because I like when we have different strengths so we can learn from each other

INFJ males and INFJ females have noticeable differences actually. Males have stronger Ti and females have stronger Fe. We also use our functions for different things and in different ways. The thing that makes us so compatible is that despite these differences, we always 'get each other', and can see how and why we come to the conclusions and actions that we do with little more than a short explanation. It's amazing to be in tune with someone like that.

I liked an ISFP before
an attraction that blew me out of the water. Who knew !
So unexpected

And I would say he is pure too, especially deep down
and an extreme introvert..but interestingly, not very calm, which is why I was surprised
Impulsive, chaotic/moody, and very assuming..

He's gone now but I sometimes wonder if something had 'happened,' that I would go along with it
or would I have said no?
He's a difficult person but that soft spot makes my eyes blurry
and sometimes I think I would go through the hardship of beating those walls down. Sometimes I think you can soften up a difficult person

And then I wonder if that personality of his is built in permanent.. and that's it more something to accept than soften up.

ISFP? Hm
Every ISFP I have known was VERY calm. And only got excited in very small, cute ways.
And they are totally loveable and cuddly, with the thinnest outer shell EVER- they put up a tough front but it is SSSOOOO easy to see through.
SO cute. ^_^ But don't think I'd date one- rather keep one as a pet.

What is the title of this book? :)

"Finding the Love of Your Life" by Neil Clark Warren, PhD
It was on a bookshelf at my dad's house, back from years ago when he was single, before he met my stepmom. :) So I knew he didn't need it, and so I STEALED IT!!! hehehe

Give me your address and send pictures (of the dinner, hehe)
hahaha. I shall message you my address if and when you actually come. AND I will take a picture of the next tasty meal I make! The last thing I made was Beef Bourguignon - the classic French dish that Julia Child made famous in America, wherein beef is slow-cooked in wine for hours..... MMMMM- so tasty!

INFJ males and INFJ females have noticeable differences actually. Males have stronger Ti and females have stronger Fe. We also use our functions for different things and in different ways. The thing that makes us so compatible is that despite these differences, we always 'get each other', and can see how and why we come to the conclusions and actions that we do with little more than a short explanation. It's amazing to be in tune with someone like that.

Yeah that makes sense, the male/female ti/fe thing since we are socialized to be like that. Hmm.....maybe I need to find me an INFJ boy!
Oh YEAH....they are the rarest type.......FUCK!