I am so very happy and grateful that I am an INFJ because... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I am so very happy and grateful that I am an INFJ because...

I'm so very happy and grateful I'm an INFG because there needs to be somebody some of my friends can talk to who will do their best to empathize with them and help them out of their gloom. It seems like some people need help, and they seem willing enough to accept mine.

Reactions: Gaze
Arent INFJs typically unhappy by definition? Not depressed, but sort of caught within an existential crisis they cant fully commit to while trying to save the people around them while trying to figure out the nature of existence?

That usually makes stoic and somber people... that "quiet desperation".

Arent INFJs typically unhappy by definition? Not depressed, but sort of caught within an existential crisis they cant fully commit to while trying to save the people around them while trying to figure out the nature of existence?

That usually makes stoic and somber people... that "quiet desperation".

If they are undeveloped and or refuse to grow, then yes. Otherwise, I would say no.

If they are undeveloped and or refuse to grow, then yes. Otherwise, I would say no.

I disagree, I think one can be sort of gloomy in nature because of a weighty sense of awareness. I find happiness to be more akin to ignorance personally.

Anger is more akin to being under developed. But being aware of things and knowing that life can only ever be bittersweet at BEST is sort of a gloomy prospect, kind of sad really...

I disagree, I think one can be sort of gloomy in nature because of a weighty sense of awareness. I find happiness to be more akin to ignorance personally.

Anger is more akin to being under developed. But being aware of things and knowing that life can only ever be bittersweet at BEST is sort of a gloomy prospect, kind of sad really...

No that is not the case, and you could make that argument for any introvert type really. If one is truly a developed individual they will be able to move beyond such awarenesses and no longer have it effect them while still knowing. To think happiness is equal to ignorance is a huge misnomer.

I'm so happy and grateful that I'm an INFJ because should it be otherwise chances are I would never have found such beautiful place like this forum is.

As for the Billy's and Indigo's conv, I think that INFJs are often happy and sad for things at the same time. It's like when you look at the newborn's face and you are happy that a new life begins but at the same time you thinks that at that exact minute someone else's is ending. I think that for INFJs life is bitter sweet.

No that is not the case, and you could make that argument for any introvert type really. If one is truly a developed individual they will be able to move beyond such awarenesses and no longer have it effect them while still knowing. To think happiness is equal to ignorance is a huge misnomer.
happiness without sadness is not realistic, its based on ignorance. Which is sort of why I say life is bittersweet. Knowing this and being free from it doesn't make you happy, it makes you neutral. I suppose there is some relief in the freedom of neutrality which one could call happiness, but no more really then saying I am happy because I am not in pain.

And I could make what case for all introvert types? That they're hyper aware?

I'm so happy and grateful that I'm an INFJ because should it be otherwise chances are I would never have found such beautiful place like this forum is.

As for the Billy's and Indigo's conv, I think that INFJs are often happy and sad for things at the same time. It's like when you look at the newborn's face and you are happy that a new life begins but at the same time you thinks that at that exact minute someone else's is ending. I think that for INFJs life is bitter sweet.

Or you envision the babies future and see it growing old and dying. Knowing whats to come even in such a beautiful moment. life is... bittersweet.

Like chocolate... just because its not pure sugar, doesn't mean its not good. I love chocolate.

People who are happy all the time are typically deluded, IMO.

I'm not sure how to complete your sentence as is, BUT i still have to admit I like the pros of being an INFJ more than I dislike the cons of being an INFJ. I'll give more though to this later

I always get the impression that INFJs are the happiest of people but INFPs are the saddest.

As an INFJ, I am a wide range of emotions. When I'm on top a mountain, looking out across the landscape, I am quite elated... as I am when I have the attention of someone I want it from. On the other hand, I can become far too worried when contact with said person is limited... and certainly I have had my 'god, I hate civilization' moments where my truest desires is to wander off into the woods and disappear. That, however, might lead to a mountaintop moment, which could be very nice indeed.

Overall, I'd say these things average out... I've never been seriously depressed for more than a couple hours at a time and then only very rarely... but I also haven't really had long stretches of happiness either. It's more neutral with the occasional blip in either direction.

Me too dragon but at least we can see the hidden possibilities and be creative.

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm an INFJ because I know that though I am pretty rare, I'm not alone. I'm happy for all the same reasons as people above, but I'm especially glad to know that there are people out there who see themselves and the world in much the same way as I do.

happiness without sadness is not realistic, its based on ignorance. Which is sort of why I say life is bittersweet. Knowing this and being free from it doesn't make you happy, it makes you neutral. I suppose there is some relief in the freedom of neutrality which one could call happiness, but no more really then saying I am happy because I am not in pain.

And Billy--I think I understand what you're saying about life being bittersweet. I see the downside to even the best and most beautiful things--but I don't agree that this is the same as being "neutral". I think INFJs generally feel too deeply to ever be considered neutral or impassive... and a lot of times, the sadness in things makes me appreciate it even more. The reason why I love life so fully is BECAUSE we are so fragile and our lives are so short.. this knowledge doesn't make me any less happy. If anything, it increases my pleasure in all the small things. I love being an INFJ because I can actually understand that though there is so much bad, I can always see the good in myself and in other people

Reactions: Inquisitive
I think INFJs generally feel too deeply to ever be considered neutral or impassive... and a lot of times, the sadness in things makes me appreciate it even more.

Agree. But i don't think this is limited to INFJs. I think NFs in general may feel as if they experience their emotions more intensely. And I can't explain why, but neutrality/impassivity is close to death for an NF. We need to feel our feelings to feel alive somehow - at least that's my experience. If at anytime I can't "feel" my feelings, good or bad, I feel as if i lose myself. Can't explain why.

Reactions: Inquisitive
I am happy I am an INFJ (whether it's because I am or not) because:

- I feel like I have a certain amount of psychological clarity that not many of the people I know seem to have.
- I almost always have the ability to solve my own internal conflicts.
- People trust me because they can see that their personal information is important to me.

Ego Boost,Thanx,I needed that,at any age

Just finish " I am so very happy and grateful that I am an INFJ because..." (or I am so very happy and grateful that I am an xxxx because...)

I promise you'll feel better after finishing that sentence.
I promise you'll feel better after reading what everyone else has to say.

Everyone could use a healthy ego boost.

Insights,seldom known,and only by a few

Even if I don't know how to do something I can usually figure it out and look like an old hand.
Ni's magical jumping to the answer ability ftw.

I'm happy to be an INFJ because it is who I am and that's about that really.