I am; am I?

Which do you relate to more?

• I am.

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Am I?

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
Mine is a greatly resounding 'Am I?'

as is mine...I cannot put my finger on anything I am...therefore when some one tells me, my reaction is always AM I? Really? Makes me question if I really know myself, or my potential at all...Is that bad?

as is mine...I cannot put my finger on anything I am...therefore when some one tells me, my reaction is always AM I? Really? Makes me question if I really know myself, or my potential at all...Is that bad?

If it IS bad then we are fucked, LOL.

Damn...well at least we have each other lol
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BfvPjsXXw"]YouTube- Nine Inch Nails - We're In This Together[/ame]

Hmm, I am actually very surprised with the vote so far. I would have assumed many more of us would have selected "Am I?".

Hmm, I am actually very surprised with the vote so far. I would have assumed many more of us would have selected "Am I?".

I figured the same!

I always seemed to be on a different course that I had to follow regardless of the crowd.....so I most definitely am.

Last edited:
I'm confident about the person I am. I have a lot of learning/growing to do before I die, but I know the gist of me.

I am.

"I am" must come before "Am I?" That is, there must be consciousness or "being" before a question can be asked.

You can't query a database before turning on the computer.

"I am" must come before "Am I?" That is, there must be consciousness or "being" before a question can be asked.

That's a very "T" answer Norton. He wasn't asking which came first, he was asking which we relate to more right now. For me, I voted "Am I?"

Hmm perhaps too vague does exist for this question. I mean it about how you see yourself. Are you content to be or do you question who you are?

Do you mean the qualities of who you are, or do you mean whether you are at all?

I'm reading descriptive answers that seem to indicate people are thinking of this option in both ways. They're related, but for me different answers.

I chose I am, but I am was not a qualitative expression. Mine was a statement of accepting I exist somehow. The way in which I exist is an open question.

Do you mean the qualities of who you are, or do you mean whether you are at all?

I'm reading descriptive answers that seem to indicate people are thinking of this option in both ways. They're related, but for me different answers.

I chose I am, but I am was not a qualitative expression. Mine was a statement of accepting I exist somehow. The way in which I exist is an open question.

Well, what made me think of the question was in terms of psychological self-awareness. I judge myself in comparison to others, I use benchmarks to measure who and what I am. However, I never have a static image of what I am, I suppose I am fairly consistent in my demeanor to others, yet in terms of the way I see myself and think, I am constantly analyzing and re-analyzing.

This question does tend to be interpreted more about existence which is interesting to me!

Okay, so, I've been reading Henry Miller a lot lately, and I'm predisposed, consequently, not to go with the "I am" option. ("...I thought that I was an artist. I no longer think about it, I am." -Tropic of Cancer) That could totally never be me. Too bold. And it implies living, or something. I always feel like I'm doing too much observing, rather.

So, "Am I?" And I suppose it fits, as well, because I am always trying to be the best possible version of myself. I never feel like I'm achieving it, though. It's like I get stuck on this 97% mark, and every time I feel I have improved myself, there is more to achieve yet.

Last edited:

Agree. I won't question my being or existence, but I can because I exist, question my purpose or reason for being. But I can't question my reason for being if I don't exist.

Last edited:
Am I? :confused:

:D

Zen Koan: "What was your Original Face before your mother was born?"

Well, initial impulse was "I am".