NeverAmI

Satisclassifaction
Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I was thinking about something that relates to this question. Which of the two do you relate to more?

this is very vague so with out much explanation my first instinct is; Am I?

am not might have been a nice peace to add to the puzzle

this is very vague so with out much explanation my first instinct is; Am I?

First instinct is what I'm going for. Thanks!

Descartes: I think therefore I am.
Sartre: I am therefore I think.

Me: I am and I think, but I'm not making any assumptions.

But this is only peripheral to your question. I don't really relate to either of them. I don't really doubt my existence, but I don't affirm it either.

I wonder what "I am" relates to you guys, when I see or hear "I Am" I immediately think God.

Hmm perhaps too vague does exist for this question. I mean it about how you see yourself. Are you content to be or do you question who you are?

From these two, I relate more to "I am".

I fluctuate between being, not being, and not caring. I doubt that I exist, then affirm that even if I don't, it doesn't matter, then question myself again, etc. etc...

So I guess I relate more to "Am I?" and "Who cares?"

EDIT: But I also think, "I am, to the extent that one can be."

So really, I dunno.

more of the latter, though i'm apt to phrase it as "I am?" ;)

more of the latter, though i'm apt to phrase it as "I am?" ;)

I agree in fact I had to edit my post because I originally typed I am? instead of Am I?

I doubt that I exist, then affirm that even if I don't, it doesn't matter, then question myself again, etc. etc...

Same.

Most existentialist philosophy for me ends in the acceptance of not knowing. Existence seems real enough that I work from the axiom that it is real. And even if existence isn't real, some substitute and/or simulation of it is real because I'm experiencing it.

nom nom nom

Same.

Most existentialist philosophy for me ends in the acceptance of not knowing. Existence seems real enough that I work from the axiom that it is real. And even if existence isn't real, some substitute and/or simulation of it is real because I'm experiencing it.

i envy you, i am nowhere near accepting the uncertainty of existence yet. it's something i've got to know, for sure, if i'm to accept anything as definite which results from it.

Mine is a greatly resounding 'Am I?'

I am much more a "Am I?" person. I start with a general idea or prinicpal, and I must extract the details from that. Starting with the details and unifying it all is possible for me, but it is not automatic, takes a lot of effort, and in some cases it is actually inpossible (much to my dismay).