How should a member fulfill their potential? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How should a member fulfill their potential?

Ok, so i'll go then . . . *no fair*

You are a brave woman, and strike me as someone who has the qualities of a great motivator. You have a message and all you need is the platform to share it. You offer an obscene amount of support to those around you but I think you can have the impact you would like to have if you come out full force, and not hold back as much. I think having a supportive group who recognizes your unique talents will help. And maybe you've done this already, but join an organization or group which supports the causes you're interested where you can use your particular knowledge/talents, expertise. You are an inspirational leader just waiting to happen. No doubt.

Yeah, I'll put myself on the chopping block. Once I wrap up the semester on Friday I'll try and hand down some life lessons to everyone.

You, you, you, you . . . what can i say. I see you in rallies, protesting injustice in some form or another, and fighting for important causes on a global stage. And music maybe a part of this as it is important to you and you have the talent to send a powerful message through it. As a teacher, I think you will be seriously inspirational because of your humor, compassion (as someone else here said), and your realism. You can make people listen to you if you want, but i think if you refine what it is you really want to do (because i think you're a jack of all trades), and so many things are appealing to you, then you can make a serious dent in this world. You have the goods, you just need the impetus to get moving (if you don't mind me saying) *don't hurt me*

I am game...rip me apart and tell me how to put it all back together...Ive got potential to reach soon!

You are an outstanding woman who works hard to keep everything in balance. Your determination and perseverence is unmatched and you have so much to give, and it's always more than enough. But you are sooooooooooooo hard on yourself. You're a perfectionist, which is a good quality for a writer, but i think you need to cut yourself some slack. Remember, small successes can be just as self fulfilling as big ones. I think you can do all that you want to do in this life, if you allow yourself to feel ok about mistakes, take it slow, recognize your accomplishments, and see the strength you demonstrate everyday.

*beeds of sweat hasten to the floor and eyes withdraw in fear of retribution . . . awaiting the guillotine*

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf and Entyqua
OK, I'll take a shot. It's a good thing my shadow attack ended over the weekend :p This could be totally off, so if it is, no problem, even knowing it is off will help:

Res and May

Sometimes I get this sense that you two are searching for something. I'm not sure what it is, but I am curious: is there something that you each are seeking, and if so can we help you find it?

Yeah, I'll put myself on the chopping block. Once I wrap up the semester on Friday I'll try and hand down some life lessons to everyone.

Sometimes, I get the feeling you are angry with yourself about your past drug-usage. I also get the feeling that you are afraid you may return to that life, but of course, I may be wrong.

Is this true?

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf
OK, I'll take a shot. It's a good thing my shadow attack ended over the weekend :p This could be totally off, so if it is, no problem, even knowing it is off will help:

Res and May

Sometimes I get this sense that you two are searching for something. I'm not sure what it is, but I am curious: is there something that you each are seeking, and if so can we help you find it?

Interesting. So, you're saying we are searching for the same thing then? It seems you're saying, we don't need to search or you're wondering why we're searching when maybe it's right in front of us?

You are a brave woman, and strike me as someone who has the qualities of a great motivator. You have a message and all you need is the platform to share it. You offer an obscene amount of support to those around you but I think you can have the impact you would like to have if you come out full force, and not hold back as much. I think having a supportive group who recognizes your unique talents will help. And maybe you've done this already, but join an organization or group which supports the causes you're interested where you can use your particular knowledge/talents, expertise. You are an inspirational leader just waiting to happen. No doubt.

Afraid.... *tears*

***actually shed some tears reading this....

I feel overwhelmed lots of time because I don't know how to mesh all this shit together...

Sometimes it's easier to live "normally" and work a 9 to 5 and have the same boring routine every day.

I think that if I am euphorically happy living my dream, I won't notice when people around me are suffering. This makes me very apprehensive. I cannot even begin to explain why I feel like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgain
Interesting. So, you're saying we are searching for the same thing then? It seems you're saying, we don't need to search or you're wondering why we're searching when maybe it's right in front of us?

Not necessarily searching for the same, thing. I think of you as two different people who happen to both be questing. I'm wondering what that quest is for each of you.

Res babe! I did you!!

Ok some one want me specifically to do this? Give me a focus question!

Res:

I feel you are just really starting to come into your own as a person. You are finally seeing that you sometimes need to do and be for yourself--and not worry so much what others think about it all. I see a wicked, piercing intelligence coupled with a person who feels deeply. This can be a confusing and difficult combination sometimes. I've never told you this but you remind me more of myself at your current age then almost anyone on this fourm. I think you are probably a much better teacher than you give yourself credit for. And I think you have the potential to be better still as you get for comfortable in your own skin. You have too much to give both through your intelligence/wisdom and your deep soul to hide my friend. Let the light shine and make the world a better place, I know you have it in you!

Ok, feel free to do me anyone........

Reactions: Gaze
Not necessarily searching for the same, thing. I think of you as two different people who happen to both be questing. I'm wondering what that quest is for each of you.

Ok, do you mind if i ask you to provide some analysis first of where you think we're headed, based on what you see? I'll answer your answer then.

Keep em coming!

Last edited:
Ok, sure thing.

I think of you both as early developers of what is called the "Middle Adulthood" stage of development. That doesn't normally start until someone is far older, but that never stops some people from being ahead of the curve. Maybe this is something QuestingPoet also figured out early?

In this stage you are supposed to be developing "Generativity vs. Self Absorption or Stagnation." You have established your self identities and your important relationships, and you are successful at feeding them. So how do you continue to grow?

One possiblity is that you are geniuses (which seems completely possible) who have mastered the earlier "Intimacy versus Solidarity" stage of development in your 20s, and moved on early. Another possibility is that you skipped that step and are now seeking ways to fulfill it by relying on your strong instincts towards selg-generativity.

Again, this could be totally off base. If it is, we end it with a 'no' and move on ;)

Reactions: Questingpoet
I'm game.

Res babe! I did you!!

Ok some one want me specifically to do this? Give me a focus question!
Entyqua:

Ok my friend Enty, probably nothing I say here will be new to you since we talk so often but here goes.

You are far more awesome then you ever give yourself credit for. Give yourself a pat on the back every once in a while--and don't judge yourself so harshly. I don't know how you can juggle so many balls and not drop them. You are without a doubt one of the two or three most creative people I have ever met. If I didn't like you so much I would probably be jealous! ;) I think you are well on your way to unlocking your potential. You need to keep on trying to bury those demons from the past that threaten to drag you down. They only have the power that you give them.

Keep on with your writing. Practice and perserverance will win the day!

Reactions: Entyqua
How do I unleash my confidence potential?

Or how do I realize my writing potential?
Enty, my friend and fearless matey.
I'm afraid what I'm going to say might come off as a little blunt, but it's because I know how wonderful of a person you are, and because I have much respect for you.

I really think confidence is key for you. This thread is about tapping unused potential, and my are you full of it. So much potential, but at times I feel as if you don't realize just how much you have going for you. I feel as if you are your harshest critics, and that at times it really holds you back.

I know things haven't always been easy for you, but I think that you need to step back and true to chew on the idea that because of everything you've been through you are the amazing friend, mother, and person that you are. Many people in your shoes would have given up on trying, and rightfully so, but for some reason you've pushed on. You have nerve and strength, but I don't think you always realize it. Enty, you are one resilient person, but you owe yourself some credit. Your friends see you for the awesome person you are, but I feel as if you at times refuse to acknowledge it.

Maybe it's modesty, or maybe it's something else, but I think some part of you deep down realizes just how amazing you are. This is the part of yourself you need to listen to. I think maybe you're afraid to be boastful of who you are, and maybe you don't want to believe it's true, but at some point you need to let it out. You need to let yourself be proud of all of your accomplishments.

"Success" (be it how ever you measure it) is 10% effort and 90% confidence. Enty, you've definitely got the effort part down, but now's the time to work on the confidence. Your writing is good, but I feel that you're afraid to trust in your own ability. I think that you're afraid to "just write", and rather spend a lot of time framing your words in ways that you think will be better appreciated by other people. Your words are good, your stories are intriguing, and your delivery is great, you just need to trust in your work. You sell yourself short at times, when really what you need to do (and this is just my opinion) is take a deep breath and jump. Your writing is more than strong enough to support you, you just have to gather the nerves to let it.

As for confidence in day to day activities, I think you also need to work on jumping in and going with it. You are a beautiful person, even if you don't always recognize it. I think confidence in your appearance is key to start the snowball effect of confidence in other parts of your life. I think you need to dress up/put on what ever makes you feel "hott/sexy", look in the mirror, tell yourself that you are (even if you don't believe it at the time), and go out without changing anything. Get all done up, and only do it once. Don't make changes to it. Go the places you normally go, hold your head high, and every time you feel that nagging voice in the back of your head that something's wrong, ignore it and remind yourself that you are beautiful. Any time you see a mirror, instead of shying away from it, look at your reflection and embrace it. For every little negative thought you feel, remind yourself three times just how amazing you look. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Even if you don't feel you're making any progress, fake it 'til you make it. Embrace who you are, and the confidence will flow.

Also, I think you should spend some time stepping out of your comfort zone in this same area. Spend some days out in public where you don't do anything. Go out in your natural skin, and go places you wouldn't normally feel comfortable going to without doing some sort of appearance change. It might be intimidating, but I think it's well worth the initial discomfort. Even if you're feeling insecure on the inside, work on not letting any part of your physical signs reflect that. See how people respond. If you can fake the confidence on the outside, people will respond positively. In return, that might help strengthen your internal confidence.

Enty, you are an amazing friend, an awesome mother, and an inspiring artist (both with crafts and words). You have it going on, you just need to work on believing it to be true. People around you see how much potential you have, I just think you sell yourself short at times. Don't! Refuse to let yourself get in the way of your goals. Fake it 'til you make it, and confidence is key. It probably won't be easy, but Enty, I know you have the will and ability to make it through. *hugs*

(I really hope that didn't come off as harsh. You are such a wonderful person, I just want you to be able to see that too. I'm not saying you don't, just that at times I feel you hold yourself back)
*sweats in nervous anticipation*

Reactions: Entyqua and Gaze
Ok, sure thing.

I think of you both as early developers of what is called the "Middle Adulthood" stage of development. That doesn't normally start until someone is far older, but that never stops some people from being ahead of the curve. Maybe this is something QuestingPoet also figured out early?

In this stage you are supposed to be developing "Generativity vs. Self Absorption or Stagnation." You have established your self identities and your important relationships, and you are successful at feeding them. So how do you continue to grow?

One possiblity is that you are geniuses (which seems completely possible) who have mastered the earlier "Intimacy versus Solidarity" stage of development in your 20s, and moved on early. Another possibility is that you skipped that step and are now seeking ways to fulfill it by relying on your strong instincts towards selg-generativity.

Again, this could be totally off base. If it is, we end it with a 'no' and move on ;)

Your analysis is quite fascinating here Ecton. I'm going to have to ponder on this for a bit. I can't say I find it totally off though. Thank you for your thoughts.

Ok MF said it even better than I did Enty, but we mean the same thing here. You go girl!!

I agree with QP. You have to realize that just by writing something and getting as far as a query letter you have already shown immense ability and concretely delivered on it.

WOW...MF...that was...dang dude you just hit the nail on the head with all of that...most of my confidence issues stem from how I see myself in the mirror...

and res I am a perfectionist...

QP...i know i need to let go of my demons...

WOW guys...either you all know me well or I am slightly transparent...:m197:

Keep em coming!

Last edited:
Enty, I'm glad you can see all that in yourself. Try to hold on to what mf and the other's said with all your might. You have the right to own their positive view of you, because you generated it. You have the right to feel it forever.

Thanks for the answer, Res. Can you think of any 5 or 10 year plans that you would like to carry out?

Last edited: