How should a member fulfill their potential? | INFJ Forum

How should a member fulfill their potential?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What advice or insight would you give someone here on the board to empower them to fulfill their potential? You can give them tips, provide a few suggestions, or some steps they can take to develop their awesome potential. :D

Now,

Do not give the advice unless a member asks for it. In other words, members must volunteer before anyone can give them advice.

In response, you can respond by describing how you relate to the advice, and describe what you think you can do to empower yourself and fulfill your own potential.

This thread is not about being critical or judgmental. Advice must be respectful and helpful. Avoid negative statements or overgeneralized asssumptions.

(This was inspired by something May said in another thread. )

Edit:
What may be helpful is if you post specific questions you want people to answer regarding something you've probably mentioned or discussed on the board. I'm assuming that if you evaluate someone, you'd do it with someone on the board you know well enough or feel comfortable enough with. I wouldn't encourage blanket critiques of everyone. Start simple, and take it from there. It doesn't have to be earth shattering advice. It may be something simple or fairly obvious which you think can help the person, without making them feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:
This could be very enlightening.... Too bad I haven't been around enough lately for anyone to really have an opinion on me. However, if someone does they can feel free to share. :D

Last edited:
I'm game, shoot.

Yeah, I'll put myself on the chopping block. Once I wrap up the semester on Friday I'll try and hand down some life lessons to everyone.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
I'll volunteer. :)

I have a few ideas for myself, but I'm not always right, and it doesn't hurt to get some additional opinions (or confirmations).

I'm in

I don't even know what aspects of myself I should try to improve first - so make a list (if you want to take a crack at it) - and what I can do about each point.

Last edited:
*glares at everyone*

Reactions: bamf
I'll participate, I could use some advice these days. **glares at res for glaring at everyone**

Reactions: bamf
I'm game too . . . (i think)

So, who's gonna start lecturing me on my full potential? *looks around the room . . . without glaring*

It's kind of hard to do this here...in general

We hate to "judge" each other, unless someone is obviously engaging in prick-ish behavior.

I'd love to contribute to this thread, but judging solely by posts on the forum, I honestly have no idea what people can do to fulfill their potential.

I don't know if I'm just too new here and don't know everyone well enough or what.

I think it is hard too.

I like the idea of this thread but I personally feel like I'm not qualified to make suggestions to other members, and I consider the people here introspective and self-developed enough that I might feel out of place saying something. Still, I'm excited about this thread, I think it has a lot of potential (no pun intended) and look forward to seeing how it unravels.

I am game...rip me apart and tell me how to put it all back together...Ive got potential to reach soon!

Res...You are an untapped recourse of goodness, kindness, and creativity. Sometimes I feel like you need to let your hair down girl...Do something spontaneous and wild. If you dont try you will never know if you CAN do it. You need to get yourself OUT of your comfort zone...IE: go out for a night with the girls...wear something TOTALLY out of your comfort zone...something low cut, a little revealing...dust off those stilettos and WORK it girl...Dance like no one is watching, and slip into a shadow mode and be someone else! I think you will surprise yourself!

Reactions: Gaze
I'd love to contribute to this thread, but judging solely by posts on the forum, I honestly have no idea what people can do to fulfill their potential.

I don't know if I'm just too new here and don't know everyone well enough or what.

I'm thinking the same thing.

So how about this. Provide a little more focus, if you want some advice, insight, or comments from other people provide a prompt. Of course no one has to stick to it but it's hard to do this over the interwebs. I can see a picture from those who put them up but I just can't get any strong vibes through optic fiber. My mind is drawing blanks for this.

I think the idea is to try with some one you know...or if you know some one has a specific problem...Thats where I went with Res...

If you want guidance...how about this:

How do I unleash my confidence potential?

Or how do I realize my writing potential?

The trouble is that people are aware of the possible knock on affects of any suggestion that they make, it's the better choice, offer a suggestion and possibly cause conflict, have people dislike you because of your suggestion or what have you oooooooooor not contribute which will have absolutely no repercussions.

In any case if I were to make a suggestion it would be more face to face....ok well, since this is the internet and actual face to face isa little hard to come by it would pretty much be over an instant messenger or over a webcam chat or chatroom, something like that since making suggestions would give out personal information about the people it's made to and unless it's a full blown intervention quite a good portion of people prefer to not public display something of that nature.

but it's a nice idea, I'm sure there will be a couple that do : ) ....though it may be a little over polite :p

being english I wouldn't know anything about that :D

I think the idea is to try with some one you know...or if you know some one has a specific problem...Thats where I went with Res...

If you want guidance...how about this:

How do I unleash my confidence potential?

Or how do I realize my writing potential?

YES! Great questions E. :smile:

I'm thinking the same thing.

So how about this. Provide a little more focus, if you want some advice, insight, or comments from other people provide a prompt.

This^^ is a good guide as well.

Last edited:
Original post edited to clear up confusion (i think).