How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

@corndogman ...so it's *eventually* to get them into bed... :D

Well if you aim to get married and not eventually bed that person then I think that is a different thread topic.

I liked what I saw on another forum: I am an INTJ, Flirt Harder.
That being said, you peak my interest when you say beguiling thinks like I'm a Witch...*teases*

That being said, you peak my interest when you say beguiling thinks like I'm a Witch...*teases*

Ditto. Isn't it funny that the very person whose attentions will be well received is the one whose clues we can't pick up on? The person who you have no interest in you can spot their lame attempts from a mile away. At least I can.

thing about flirting for me, is that unlike most people, naively, i read more into it. For me, if i'm flirting, it means i'm interested. I'm not comfortable flirting with any and everyone, especially if it's not going anywhere; and by anywhere i don't mean off to bed of course :D, but that there's a mutual interest which may develop into increased liking and dating. I agree that if someone likes a person, as awkward as it may feel, i think they should be direct. I don't want to have to guess whether someone is interested. I don't like someone who uses flirting as a game, puts all the charm, but yet it doesn't mean anything, someone who puts out feelers to see whether or not they can bait someone to get a catch. I know this is where it's fun for many people, but knowing myself, i'd rather someone not flirt, if they're not really interested, even if the reason is just to be nice.

Last edited:
I guess some of that may be how you were raised, the culture you come from a bit [MENTION=1669]Res[/MENTION];
I mean, although I am pretty indifferent to a guy's actual intent or interest in me, I flirt all the time. In general, Natives tend to be very social and in large groups we tease and flirt. I just grew up around such behavior and don't see it as odd. I tend to try and keep the flirting to a minimum if I sense it will be taken amiss--either as a serious attempt to attract interest or they give off the vibe that they would find it offensive in some way.

I'm pretty sure I saw that on a T-shirt once although it was INTP's. Maybe it's on cafe press.

I mean, although I am pretty indifferent to a guy's actual intent or interest in me, I flirt all the time. In general, Natives tend to be very social and in large groups we tease and flirt. I just grew up around such behavior and don't see it as odd. I tend to try and keep the flirting to a minimum if I sense it will be taken amiss--either as a serious attempt to attract interest or they give off the vibe that they would find it offensive in some way.

OKay - but you're clearly in love with me, [MENTION=3096]Sonyab[/MENTION]. Don't try to play it off as innocent flirting.

Reactions: Nixie
I guess some of that may be how you were raised, the culture you come from a bit @Res;

No, not really, that's just me. I just don't like flirting up a storm. It's just not in my comfort zone. I know when i'm putting out flirt energy, and most of time, i feel thoroughly embarrassed afterwards. And I don't want to call it cultural, because not everyone from where i'm from, would respond to or react to flirting in this way. I don't mind someone flirting with me to an extent but as i said, i tend to assume there is more behind it when there probably isn't, which is why i'm leary of it. I mean, everyone has their feelings about it, we don't all have to see it the same. :D

Last edited:
In your dreams [MENTION=1425]Korg[/MENTION]; or wait, was that mine??
You know me too well. We better stop or all my other loves will get jealous.

Reactions: Korg
I see signs but I don't assume it's more than being friendly. I usually don't know for sure that someone is hitting on me until their pants are around their ankles....

Not that it happens often mind you...

They forum stalk you and post in your threads!

(;

hey Res :D

they look/glance at you waaaaaay too many times in a day.....(every period in class,everyday)

they look/glance at you waaaaaay too many times in a day.....(every period in class,everyday)

I disagree with this.

I look at people in shock, indigation, appall, disgust, hatred, when
they have irritated me way more often than I look at someone
because I like them. If I like someone I try hard not to look at them.

Can't be creepy you know (; :p

I go by their approach, their look, and body language.

When I sense it, I look at them straightin the eyes and bite down my lower lip which makes them quite nervous. I take it's because it took 'ehm a bit to get the courage. I usually agree to a date for these individuals even if they are guys.

If they stare right back at me and then look at my lips in a devilish manner I just say no. The populars do this a lot.

I disagree with this.

I look at people in shock, indigation, appall, disgust, hatred, when
they have irritated me way more often than I look at someone
because I like them. If I like someone I try hard not to look at them.

Can't be creepy you know (; :p

well i've ticked every single box for "signs she's flirting with you".....:m095:

All I can add to this is that I'm glad others have said they don't notice until they're clubbed over the head. I am much the same.

I am also very bad at flirting ... can't do it. It is something I wish I could do. I'm much too afraid of rejection. Somehow I have managed to get married but that's because we met online and by the time we got together we already knew each other if that makes sense. I didn't have to go through all that awkward stuff beforehand.

Reactions: not sure and Gaze
All I can add to this is that I'm glad others have said they don't notice until they're clubbed over the head. I am much the same.

I am also very bad at flirting ... can't do it. It is something I wish I could do. I'm much too afraid of rejection. Somehow I have managed to get married but that's because we met online and by the time we got together we already knew each other if that makes sense. I didn't have to go through all that awkward stuff beforehand.

Yes. I can't seem to flirt either unless it's like mock flirting, however it just occurred to me that might actually be flirting XD.

I have a hard time telling when someone is seriously hitting on me. I can't differentiate between someone paying a compliment and someone being "interested." I think they're two very separate things. Sometimes I can't tell whether someone is being sincere or they're just harmlessly flirting. It's especially hard for me to understand if I have feelings for the person who is doing this because I want to believe they're serious in what they are saying but I don't trust it.

Reactions: Gaze