How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

Yours truly,

Clueless

Give it time. If they really want to tell you something, they'll repeat it in all sorts of ways. If a month from now, you look back and today's instance (assuming it was today because of the date) is the only thing, they were probably just in a good mood.
Someone in another thread said that ESFPs can seem like they're hitting on you. It isn't a completely reliable thing. Some ESFP women can appear that way.

Last edited:
I'm generally clueless until they tell me...

Another test would be to distance yourself from them (subtly) and see if they follow. Boys are sort of like puppies that way (assuming you are a straight girl. But this is true with everyone to a degree).

Another test would be to distance yourself from them (subtly) and see if they follow. Boys are sort of like puppies that way (assuming you are a straight girl. But this is true with everyone to a degree).

Ah, ok. interesting strategy . . .

...or just ask and get it over with so that you can get back to whatever it is you were doing before you were so rudely interrupted.

But seriously let it play itself out as ultrauber suggested.

Reactions: Gaze
I meant this a general question to find out, on average, the way many of you find out or learn that someone is interested.

There are usually signs. Body language, an influx of compliments, a desire to be around you more... It's all encompassed in flirting.

I am a flirtatious person, but I do so mostly in an innocent and friendly manner and so I tend to think others who flirt have the same intentions.

The only way I would know that someone's into me is when they actually tell me so explicitly, otherwise, it'll all fall into the friend zone.

...and I just realized how horrible that can be.

I am a flirtatious person, but I do so mostly in an innocent and friendly manner and so I tend to think others who flirt have the same intentions.

The only way I would know that someone's into me is when they actually tell me so explicitly, otherwise, it'll all fall into the friend zone.

...and I just realized how horrible that can be.
This right here.

I make provacative double intendres that could be intended as "oh baby sex it up" or just "lol just making a j/k"

For example, this guy I'm crushing was leaving work, so I said "bye happy valentines day haha" he said "you too man" and I said back "mhmmmm." He took it the way I wanted him to take it, but in any normal instance I would just be doing my mocking ghetto girls thing again.

Reactions: barbad0s
Apparently, if you're a guy, the answer is supposed to be "who cares?". You like who you like, and you go for who you like, not for who likes you.

when they use a cheesy over used pickup line.