How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

I go with "they're not" and I am 100% accurate

I go with "they're not" and I am 100% accurate

Really?

tumblr_inline_n4q260Xew71qafrh6.gif

They keep bonking you on the head or in the face with a bat.

Wait, no.....

I just know. It's obvious.
I can feel their energy/emotions.
Their body language.
They say and do ridiculous things.

My husband can't tell if someone is flirting. It's so funny. I can tell if a woman if flirting with him and I will stand behind her and laugh at him, or make faces. (Go ahead ladies, give him an ego boost.)

I think I'm quite hopeless at knowing unless someone is really quite direct. Yesterday a fellow Buddhist who is out of area phoned me up and asked if he could come to my house to chant together as he was in the nearby area anyway. So he came and we chanted. Then he told me that he and his wife (who I also know) had just started their 2nd 100 day campaign, that they have decided to divorce and were now chanting for the happiest - best divorce ever. I was quite surprised that he was disclosing this very personal information, as I don't know him awfully well.

He said that he had realised he wanted kids, and there is a big age gap between then and so it's not possible in their relationship. They had to deal with a lot of prejudice due to a 20 year age gap, but he wasn't bothered about kids at the start so it wasn't a factor then.

I was sympathetic and offered whatever positive non- advice I could. I'm not saying that this man is interested in me, I'm not the kind of younger woman that would properly fit the child bearing role his talking of, I'm 10 years older than him... But I have noticed him looking at me before as if he fancies me.

He is also French and I think French people can be more direct about expressing them selves and their private matters than English people, so to him it might have seemed quite normal to disclose so much personal information. Still my point is, even if he were interested in me I wouldn't have the foggiest about it. I'm sure there was nothing in this but I'm hopeless at reading things like this so wouldn't know if there was.

Last edited:
Tinder lets me know if they like-like me so I just rely on that.

I kid myself that I always pick up on things like this, but I don't. If I ever do it's, only about a day later at best. My neighbor is moving house and recently separated from her husband. Some time ago she brought wine and chocolate around to my house, to thank me for putting her waste bin out, when she was on holiday.

I guessed something was odd, she was trying to chat, it seemed over generous, but I'm a simpleton and I just accepted them awkwardly, kept the conversation as short as possible, then closed the door. My ex had been gone for months and I'm sure my neighbor must have known that. I could flatter myself but I'm equally sure, if she was hitting on me, it was only due to her being lonely. We've barely had a conversation prior to that, whilst she'd often talked to my ex.

If I'm hitting on anyone, I'll always try a little Shakespeare or poetry out on them. That way when I crash and burn, I feel better about it. Also I usually either blush, stammer, knock something over, or accidentally break something. Maybe all at once, depending on whether I'm just anxious, very anxious, or hyper ventilating anxious. On the very few occasions I stay calm, and avoid those issues I usually blow it some other way. Standing on their foot, criticizing that nasty guy (who turns out to be their best friend or relative) or similar.

Apart from that I enjoy flirting...It's a hoot..

I kid myself that I always pick up on things like this, but I don't. If I ever do it's, only about a day later at best. My neighbor is moving house and recently separated from her husband. Some time ago she brought wine and chocolate around to my house, to thank me for putting her waste bin out, when she was on holiday.

I guessed something was odd, she was trying to chat, it seemed over generous, but I'm a simpleton and I just accepted them awkwardly, kept the conversation as short as possible, then closed the door. My ex had been gone for months and I'm sure my neighbor must have known that. I could flatter myself but I'm equally sure, if she was hitting on me, it was only due to her being lonely. We've barely had a conversation prior to that, whilst she'd often talked to my ex.

If I'm hitting on anyone, I'll always try a little Shakespeare or poetry out on them. That way when I crash and burn, I feel better about it. Also I usually either blush, stammer, knock something over, or accidentally break something. Maybe all at once, depending on whether I'm just anxious, very anxious, or hyper ventilating anxious. On the very few occasions I stay calm, and avoid those issues I usually blow it some other way. Standing on their foot, criticizing that nasty guy (who turns out to be their best friend or relative) or similar.

Apart from that I enjoy flirting...It's a hoot..
Chocolate AND wine...hmm the chocolate is a thank you. The wine...now that together with the chocolate gives it a different spin. I know chocolate and pizza would seem flirtatious to you. I just wonder. ..me thinks there's a flirtation there from her maybe